Zola sacked

BLUENUT

as sad as i am for franco good that he is no longer at west ham. Never happy that he went there in the first place. Hopefully he will land another job and prove himself as a talented manager that i am sure he is

He really was treated unfairly there.

Agreed. "Thanks for saving us from relegation eventhough our team is absolute crap and you have to deal with meddling owners everyday. Now here is your P45"

Theyre going down this season and theyre gonna wish they had him there.

Now that he's free, I second the calls to bring him in as a lower assisstant coach, if he would have that work.

He really was treated unfairly there.

Taking off the Chelsea specs for a minute I actually don't think he was. They ended up playing pretty dreadful football, worse than they have for a long time, had little or no backbone, defensively a mess and the money Franco did have to spend he pissd up the wall on really low quality players.

His sacking was inevitable and I wouldn't say all that undeserved. OK Sullivan and Gold are idiots but Zola's failings were there to see before they came in with their size 10 boots.

Taking off the Chelsea specs for a minute I actually don't think he was. They ended up playing pretty dreadful football, worse than they have for a long time, had little or no backbone, defensively a mess and the money Franco did have to spend he pissd up the wall on really low quality players.

His sacking was inevitable and I wouldn't say all that undeserved. OK Sullivan and Gold are idiots but Zola's failings were there to see before they came in with their size 10 boots.

I dont really agree, Loz, they looked like a mess when he took over. Sure, it was early in the year, but there were already rumors about the bad finances there. I remember when he was still new he got them playing some pretty good football. That might have just been the honeymoon of his reign, but I remember some here talking about sacking Scolari and hiring Franco and Clarke. Not to mention Cole and Parker seemed to get alot better under his guidance. Some of the signings.....yes, they have definitely been underwhelming, but in the end most of them contributed something to help a hapless club stay up.

It might be my own bias coming through, but on the balance of 2 years I didnt think he did all that bad. However, this year was not good, and I did expect him to be fired before the run in and someone else brought in to give the team a boost when things were looking grim.

Hated seeing Zola and Steve at West Ham. It just didn't sit right with me. They are better off without those ownners who just want to mouth off all the time in the press anyway - undermining Zola and lowering the confidence of the team. Zola is more dignified and has more class than them. I wouldn't blame him for slagging them off now though (once he gets his pay off!)

Really hope West Ham get relegated next year now and Zola gets some sort of coaching post at Chelsea.

Edited by DELBY

Despite the injuries, Sullivan's rantings, financial problems West Ham had the quality to be well clear of the relegation zone. Granted Zola was confronted by numerous obstacles but he just didn't produce as a manager. His tactics and player selection were questionable. He's a lovely man, a Chelsea legend but lacked the experience for a manager.

I don't think he did that bad considering he is still new in the managerial game. I think he will easily find another position to fill, but he should either take on lower divisions clubs to gain experience and to stay out of pressure and limelight of the premiership, either that or a highly ranked assistant manager position that would give him experience.

Agree..... After the "new manager syndrome" last year he seemed quite dull this season. And even with the almighty Clarky they were defensively really poor this term. And in a lower club you have t get your signings spot on as there are very limited funds. But the likes of Savio, McCarthy, Mido were not as good as expected. If you consider our behaviour towards Avram this sacking is not at all unfair.

Hardly a suprise, I'd like to see him go and learn his trade a little more elsewhere. Right now, any hope of him being one of our future managers is a distant pipedream

Yahoo's editorials seem to indicate the reason he got fired was a "breach of contract". How did he breach it you might ask?

The David clowns wanted to buy Graham Dorrans from WBA without Zola's consultation. And Zola had the temerity to say ""I just found out in the newspaper and it was quite a surprise. I don't know what I would have done if he had been signed. It is not a nice situation. I have been surprised so many times this year - so I am not surprised that I am surprised."

Not surprised they were looking for any old reason to sack him, but hopefully they have to pay a boatload in compensation

what a classy dude...did anyone see him bring out coffee for sky hacks who were waiting outside his house for a quote for hours? wouldn;t oblige with answering questions, but was like 'do you take milk?' etc

Thats classic Franco isnt it? The guy is class when he is up and class when he is down. Though he was probably glad in some ways to get out of there

I was glad West Ham stayed up, more for Franco than anything I suppose.

Of course I then expected him to get the boot but the way it's been done just shows what a nasty bunch of c**ts that new Hammers regime are. Gold and Sullivan always come across like good cop bad cop. Gold being like the nice kindly old uncle figure with Sullivan just being a complete and utter w**ker.

Franco is well out of there. The bloke kept his class and dignity throughout. Class is something that w**ker Sullivan will never know anything about, however much money he might have. Hope he gets plenty of compensation and I hope West Ham struggle big time next season.