• Essien
    • Ramires
    • Lampard
    • Torres
    • Anelka
    • Malouda
    • Kalou
    • Drogba

Luiz for me, with Ramires running him a very close second. Between the two of them they contributed more than the other 8 outfield players put together (with the exception of Ivan).

Both of them badly let down by their team tonight, in particular Essien, Lampard and Malouda.

Luiz looks good but how anyone can be man of the match after giving away a pen in the last min and nearly costing the game, well not im my books. Ramires was excellent tonight.Time for some of the following to move on if they continue to be so poor .. essien, lampard and malouda .

Edited by smileysmiles

Luiz looks good but how anyone can be man of the match after giving away a pen in the last min and nearly costing the game, well not im my books. Ramires was excellent tonight. tme for some of the following to move on if continue to be so poor .. essien, lampard and malouda .

There are only three candidates. The Benfica duo - both superb and Cech for saving the day.

Ramires just pips it for me, but Luiz looks some player.

Luiz. says it all about our team at the moment when he was our best player going forward. Really good full debut though which is encouraging and its great to see Ramires improving each time he plays.

Ofcourse would be different had they scored that pen mind...

Edited by murph89

In tempted to go for Cech, for that save. Without doubt our player of the season.

But it's got to be Ramires for me. If they replay that at Cobham on Tuesday some of his collegues should be very embarrassed, sitting next to him.

And yes, Luiz looks quality, within 100 mins has become our most creative player. Which tells it's own story.

In tempted to go for Cech, for that save. Without doubt our player of the season.

But it's got to be Ramires for me. If they replay that at Cobham on Tuesday some of his collegues should be very embarrassed, sitting next to him.

And yes, Luiz looks quality, within 100 mins has become our most creative player. Which tells it's own story.

i think that sums up our problem at the minute

Luiz for me Ramiers Cech played well too the only 3 the rest well where can i start Lampard was bad tonight gave the ball away far to much as most of the team?,and why Carlo took Torres of that will do his confidence the world of good? as for Drogba looked well pissed off just don't get it how can we be so bad when we started the season so well? someone please tell me? :beg:

I don't understand the comments regarding Luiz giving away the penalty - it clearly wasn't a penalty, Mike Dean either f*cked up or decided yet again to f*ck us over. How can anyone criticise a player for a foul he didn't commit?

luiz had a solid display he is the future of this defence looks f**king awsome... i had to vote for cech i love his hat!!

I don't understand the comments regarding Luiz giving away the penalty - it clearly wasn't a penalty, Mike Dean either f*cked up or decided yet again to f*ck us over. How can anyone criticise a player for a foul he didn't commit?

Quite right. Not to mention the blatant penalty for a foul on Malouda that he just ignored.

I vote Luiz. Exceptional

First of all I'm not sure it wasn't a penalty. It looked to me that Luiz stepped on the other players foot. I might be wrong though.

However, seeing as they were like 4 Chelsea players against one opponent who were drifting out wide with no real change to create or score a goal there really was no reason for Luiz to put himself in that position.

I put that down to inexperience.