Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I don't think any of our rivals have strengthened too significantly, although city have Kompany fit, and gabriel Jesus from the get go, so they will be a strong team this season. 

Mourinho's team are always at there best in his second season. 

You could argue we have marginally improved our starting 11, although I'm not convinced bakayoko will be an upgrade in matic this season. 

We have weakened the squad, and also the atmosphere around the club is very negative. We really need to put some wins together to lift the club. If the transfers come then great.

1 hour ago, Xfaxtor said:

What world class players have City and Utd bought this year? I mean Lukaku? Or maybe its Lindeløf who showed how far off the mark he is against Real that he was replaced by Fat Phil Jones? Is Matic somehow world class now? City have bought to youngsters off Monaco who both look promising a Real Madrid cast off and Kyle Walker. The same Kyle Walker who pass benched for Trippier to close out the season. The one world class player they were linked with was Sanchez anf he is still at Arsenal last time I checked

True about MATIC. Don't know why people are masturbating about him just because of one display against West Ham. Chelsea definitely had good money for him and got someone much younger but I still think we should bring in at least two more players but its not looking like that's gonna happen as we have been hitting brick walls trying to get our targets. I still blame the board for this though.

I'll forgive the board if we sign Sanchez. I absolutely don't believe it will happen, I'd be very surprised if we even make a bid.

Cant rule it out though, I'm sure the board will have noticed what Sanchez said and maybe we are waiting until the last few days to make a real push.

I don't have any special, behind the scenes information...

But based on the previous actions at Chelsea....

1. There will 100% be new signings before/at the end of the transfer window. While I'm upset that we've let players go before sourcing replacements, there is no way we are going to end the transfer window with a squad this light on depth. Like last year, we may not get our ideal choices, but we will get someone and they will be chosen to fit our tactics.

2. Most of the signings will be under 25 years of age (given we've shown a clear preference towards younger players). This apparently is contrary to what Conte wants who prefers the tried and trusted. But with Mourinho selling Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah last time, the board is likely to be keen not to give Conte too much control on transfers.

3. Don't be surprised if we sign Sanchez last day of the window. He's said previously he wants to play champions league football and stay in London. He won't be the nailed on first team starter at Manchester City or PSG, but he would be at Chelsea. Given he has less than 12 months left on his contract, I'd say a move to Chelsea is more than 50% chance.

We will start September with the same squad we have now we will not get any new signings

We will start September with the same squad we have now we will not get any new signings
I'd happily make a bet with you that Chelsea will make at least two new first team signings before the end of the transfer window (at the end of August).

Our last signing, Morata was 24 days ago. Nearly a whole month. What the f*ck have we been doing?
I find the whole situation really bizarre, surely it's not difficult to wrap up signings considering we are the current champions and we also offer champions league football?

I guess the problem is between Conte and Emenalo and co.
The players Conte wants us to sign are likely too expensive and old or closer to the age of 30 while Emenalo and co don't want to break the bank for any player above 25. Hence Conte is probably having tough time finding a player that fits his pattern of play and also not older than 25. I think that might be the reason behind the delay.

I keep saying it to be proved wrong by the board but we will start the season with the same squad we have now

I don't always trust the board to do the right thing but there is zero chance of this happening. We might not sign any other defender, striker or wing back but there is Zero chance of us starting the month of September without a new midfielder.

So in the wake of City bidding 18m for Johnny Evans this could be their back line this season when Kompany's unfit.
 --------------------------- Ederson----------------------------
Walker---------Stones--------- Evans-------------- Mendy
That is a piss poor defense even worse than Arsenal's in the late 00's and it would cost almost 200m to assemble, yet this is the model we should apparently be following:face_palm: :laugh2::laugh2: 

All our CB including Cahill will walk straight into there starting lineup.

Why not?   
Arsene isn't stupid. He will sell Sanchez by the end of the window if he can't somehow convince him to sign a new contract (unlikely).

If he were Man City bound, he'd be there by now. He wouldn't be a nailed on starter there either.

PSG have Neymar and maybe Mbappé. If Mbappé joins they aren't likely to be as interested.

Sanchez has said he wants to play champions league football and remain in London (I'll try find the article).

I'm not saying it will happen, but I think it's a serious possibility (over 50% chance)

I was agreeing with your points until you said Sanchez won't be a nailed on starter at City. Aside Hazard and Aguero he is the best player in the league and he will start for any team in the world right now and that include his former team Barcelona and Madrid.

3 hours ago, qaz01 said:

Why not?  

Arsene isn't stupid. He will sell Sanchez by the end of the window if he can't somehow convince him to sign a new contract (unlikely).

If he were Man City bound, he'd be there by now. He wouldn't be a nailed on starter there either.

PSG have Neymar and maybe Mbappé. If Mbappé joins they aren't likely to be as interested.

Sanchez has said he wants to play champions league football and remain in London (I'll try find the article).

I'm not saying it will happen, but I think it's a serious possibility (over 50% chance)

Alexis would leave to Man City if he has the chance.

IMO - we have 3 or 4 ready to reveal just waiting on formalities and the right time to reveal.
Of course I could be wrong as I don't have a crystal ball.
Ain't happening if we sign 4 players which is the minimum I eat an onion

12 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Does somebody know who to contact at Daily Star to get a job as a sports writer ? I think i have the skills needed for the job personally.

Hmm didn't know you were skilled in f**kwittery.