Manchester United v Chelsea (PL) 08/05/11 KO 16:10 BST

So, with that HUGE favour from the Arse, we are now well and truly back in the mix for the title.

If, and that is a big big if, we manage to win next weekend, however, that still leaves us with a lot to do in our final two games.

Not only do we have to at least match United's last two results, we will also need to ensure we outscore them, as the goal difference will be very tight indeed. Currently we are both on +38, so unless we go to Old Trafford and absolutely skittle them, a win would see us level on points, and probably only 2 goals to the good. Both our games against Newcastle and Everton are winnable, but I can't see us destroying either team. Granted neither will have much to play for, but Newcastle can be good on their day and Everton always seem to play well against us.

United, on the other hand, finish their season against Blackpool. At Old Trafford. And that is the game that worries me, as we all know that although Blackpool's commitment to attacking, attractive football is admirable, this also leaves them wide open to receiving an absolute humping from what would be a very very motivated United team. You just can't see Holloway sending his team out for their probable Premier league swansong in a defensive 4-5-1, and while going there for a win would be ballsy, it could also be the naive approach that takes the title away from us.

Still, all we can do for now is win next weekend, and keep everything crossed for the following games.

Bricking it, but very excited.

This whole situation is amazing as we were trailing them by whopping 15 points. Now it is 3 and still a game against them. We can play and win it and not just wait for them to slip.

But lets not forget it is still 3 points. A draw at OT is very probable score.

This whole situation is amazing as we were trailing them by whopping 15 points. Now it is 3 and still a game against them. We can play and win it and not just wait for them to slip.

But lets not forget it is still 3 points. A draw at OT is very probable score.

That is why we need to go there with an attacking formation, and I am sure that is what we will do.

Unless we try to play the Citeh game and play for the odd counterattack to score a goal. I don't want us to do that.

We can't afford to mess about with 4-42. Our in-form strikers at the moment are Drogba, Kalou and Malouda. In the 2nd leg we saw what impact Drog had on their defence, they are going to be nervy and we need to take advantage.

We can't afford to mess about with 4-42. Our in-form strikers at the moment are Drogba, Kalou and Malouda. In the 2nd leg we saw what impact Drog had on their defence, they are going to be nervy and we need to take advantage.

I don't know. I really want to see Torres start, since he can do some real damage. Kalou on the bench, and god damn he better not raise a fit if he does not start, or I will come across the pond and wring his scrawny neck.

Provided we go out 433 without Torres and Drogs together I'll be confident. We have 2 world class strikers who play very different styles. Switching them out when the Utd defence has settled into handling one could well become the deciding factor. I'd prefer Drogba as the impact sub because he gets so fired up on the bench and tends to shred games when he's like that.

I kinda liked it when drogba was on the bench as bringing him on when their defence is tiring is a great thing to have in the locker. When we have Torres on the bench its not so assuring...It's a big risk - what do others think? I like knowing we have people on the bench that can change the match is going.

I hate playing Everton. Their players are the ultimate wetbags; they'll be top class whenever it's least convenient for us, and then will be complete and utter sh*te for the rest of the season. Newcastle are fairly similar but even more erratic and ten times as pitiful.

Blackburn away is a tricky fixture at the best of times, but sadly I still think our final fixtures are much harder. It all depends on which Chelsea decides to turn up for this end-of-season showdown - the half-interested gimps who are past their prime or the imperious, physical force capable of decimating all before them. I can only pray to God that it's the latter.

We were in a similar position last year where we had to go there and win, and we did.

United play Schalke mid-week before they host us at Old Trafford and that is a bit of an advantage with them having to focus on CL.

I believe we can go up there and win and wouldnt it be great to get a 2-0 win over them at their place, if we win this one, which we have to then it is all down to goal difference unless on of us slips up later on!

The team I would start up there would be:

---------------------------Cech

--------------Ivan---Luiz-----JT-----Cole

--------------------------Mikel

-----------------Essien--------Lampard

---------Anelka-------------------------Malouda

-------------------------Drogba

Hope to god Carlo wont gamble anything with this one, bring Torres on to run the legs off Vidic and that around the 60th mark.

I believe, do you?

Come on Chelsea!

I hate playing Everton. Their players are the ultimate wetbags; they'll be top class whenever it's least convenient for us, and then will be complete and utter sh*te for the rest of the season. Newcastle are fairly similar but even more erratic and ten times as pitiful.

Blackburn away is a tricky fixture at the best of times, but sadly I still think our final fixtures are much harder. It all depends on which Chelsea decides to turn up for this end-of-season showdown - the half-interested gimps who are past their prime or the imperious, physical force capable of decimating all before them. I can only pray to God that it's the latter.

One game at a time. By the time we go up there we might be in end-of-season-who-cares-we're-in-the-CL-mode.

Didn't expect to be in this position a few months ago :D

I'd agree with that team, maybe Kalou for Anelka (though to be fair Kalou is far more dangerous off the bench than Nico) and perhaps Ramires for Essien, but yeah Drogba has to start as the main striker with Torres off the bench for me.

We were in a similar position last year where we had to go there and win, and we did.

United play Schalke mid-week before they host us at Old Trafford and that is a bit of an advantage with them having to focus on CL.

I believe we can go up there and win and wouldnt it be great to get a 2-0 win over them at their place, if we win this one, which we have to then it is all down to goal difference unless on of us slips up later on!

The team I would start up there would be:

---------------------------Cech

--------------Ivan---Luiz-----JT-----Cole

--------------------------Mikel

-----------------Essien--------Lampard

---------Anelka-------------------------Malouda

-------------------------Drogba

Hope to god Carlo wont gamble anything with this one, bring Torres on to run the legs off Vidic and that around the 60th mark.

I believe, do you?

Come on Chelsea!

I agree, but i saw an interesting point made in another thread about how it was nice to have drogba coming on off the bench to try and take advantage of the defenders tiredness. It may be a huge risk, but if in the 60th minute we needed a sub to change a game, maybe i would prefer drogba to be the man leading our attack for the last rather than Torres. Just a thought.

No no no no no no no

Man Utd vs Chelsea - with a title in the balance - Drogba starts and finishes - the very idea of dropping him is preposterous.

Wasn't having Drogba on the bench the plan in the 2nd Leg vs United though? We don't want to leave ourselves with too much to do- we should be looking at it positively about our best chance of winning from the start rather than looking at what we might have to do in the 60th minute. Torres is hardly an awful option to have on the bench anywaym and if Drogba isn't fired up from the start for this one then he never will be.

Everton and Newcastle have nothing to play for, their season is done, Blackburn and Blackpool on the other hand are mired in the relegation scrap and have survival to play for, it'll be interesting. On a side note did you see Ferguson and Phelan on the bench during the Arsenal game? like a couple of tramps waiting for the soup kitchen to arrive.

No no no no no no no

Man Utd vs Chelsea - with a title in the balance - Drogba starts and finishes - the very idea of dropping him is preposterous.

Yeah but do you play him on the right of 3, or the middle ?

Can't make a prediction. I don't think they've lost there this season. We have the mid week CL tie on our side and they're now under enormous pressure. The team should be fired up beyond measure after this weekends results. Drogba vs Torres? We can't play them together. It needs to be a 433 with one or the other. Last season Ancelotti started with Drogba on the bench and brought him on as an impact sub to great effect. I wouldn't be opposed to starting Torres and switching him out after he's made Vidic chase him around for 60 minutes.