Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 27/03/2017 at 08:40, Boyne said:

From 5 November 1955. Ended in a 3-0 defeat for us but the team was very much the one which had won the title the previous season.

No automatic alt text available.

I went to the home game in 1956 and we lost that too 2-1 :-( But if any of you had seen Roy Bentley, in action, you'd have had him up there with Greaves, Osgood and Dixon.

20 hours ago, Boyne said:

1490616937888.jpg

Copied from the club website. Taken in April 1920.

I've merged the two ild photos from 1920 & 1922 into one as one was of the empty ground, and the other was the the 1922 Cup Final, and colourised them for a new book I'm working on with Rodney George, call the Illustrated History of Chelsea Kits. (Sorry about the watermark, it's to stop anyone selling it on ebay. It's also half the original size, and redused from 300dpi to 72.)

STAMFORD BRIDGE - 1920 COLOURISED - WM.jpg

51 minutes ago, erskblue said:

The above team pictures look like Shoot! magazine team pictures.

Had these on my wall as a kid.

Yes looks like it, the bottom picture I had on my wall, and that was the first kit I had, youngsters today don't know how lucky they are!! The sh*t we took from our peers for supporting a crap team, but they were our crap team!! And our peers of the time who supported Liverpool and utd probably still haven't been to a game at anfield or old Trafford and are pushing 50 now,  blue is the colour!

^^^ FFS. Geoff Hurst and Bobby Gould as a management duo, unbelievable when you look back and we travelled in our thousands.

Middle pic must be the season before the promotion one at the top, a year for Droy to grow a beard and Dempsey's hair to recede a bit further.

Edited by Peckham Blue
Funny Comment

5 minutes ago, Peckham Blue said:

^^^ FFS. Geoff Hurst and Bobby Gould as a management duo, unbelievable when you look back and we travelled in our thousands.

Middle pic must be the season before the promotion one at the top, a year for Droy to grow a beard and Dempsey's hair to recede a bit further.

At least he got rid of the terrible comb over he use to have.

17 hours ago, erskblue said:

Just realised that the middle team picture doesn't have the Umbro diamonds on the sleeves or shorts. So not, as has been pointed out 1977/78.

Yeah Geoff Hurst and Bobby Gould as the management team !

The middle photo is from 1977-78

we got the Umbro diamond shirts after the photocall photos which were taken in July-77

we played pre season games in America, at Parkhead and Cravern Cottage wearing the shirt in the middle photo, but our away game at West Brom and first home game to Birmingham We then had the Umbro diamond on the sleeve

2 hours ago, Ewan Hoozarmi said:

That 1980-81 team pic is confusing. Did we ever play in a white away kit that season? What about the yellow and green version?

In season 1980-81 we did wear yellow shirts with green shorts and yellow socks, as our main away kit.

in the League Cup game at Cardiff we wore white shirts, white shorts with blue socks.

the League game at Shrewsbury we wore white shirts, white shorts and white sock

IMG_0733.PNG

IMG_0735.PNG

On 27 January 2012 at 00:14, Eddie Macs blue and white said:

Right lads, here are a couple more uploads and off to bed for me, as I have an early start in the morning

Who remembers this game, with an attendance of 55,000 against Fulham in the second Division? AND they say where were you when we were sh*t!!...... That actualy is my favourite team of all time, the boys of 1976-77

Who went to Plymouth away? I was a bit to young to go to the away games outside London

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9wEy1oIZ6o&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oqMr9jPFDE

Plymouth away was an awful journey, firstly there was always the stop at Taunton where the engines on the special changed from electric to diesel which was bad enough, then they used to hold up the train from then on to make sure we never got there early enough to riot in the streets. If I remember correctly that was the season when little known to the fans on board John Sparrow was travelling in the train drivers cabin and had to jump on to the track to get an alternative mode of transport to the game, as he was playing that day, just as well because we wound up getting to the match not that shy of half time....... Great day all round though, Plymouths firm were always value for money but that didn't stop us owning both ends of the ground................  I was 14 and those days will be with me till my parting breath....... Eddie Macs red white and green army.

On 28 February 2017 at 18:54, Richard P said:

Coming down the slope after the game from the north stand must have been interesting in the 70s and early 80s!!

Can still smell the piss in them toilets at the back of the west stand

7 hours ago, Eddie Macs blue and white said:

The middle photo is from 1977-78

we got the Umbro diamond shirts after the photocall photos which were taken in July-77

we played pre season games in America, at Parkhead and Cravern Cottage wearing the shirt in the middle photo, but our away game at West Brom and first home game to Birmingham We then had the Umbro diamond on the sleeve

Cheers for that information mate. Appreciate it.