Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, erskblue said:

£18 for a tank top in the early 1970s !

Goodness me !:ohmy:

Remember in early to mid 80's buying Pringle or Lyle and Scott jumpers for between £30-£40, but £18 for something in early 70's without sleeves, I would of thought for that money you would of least got sleeves

8 hours ago, chi blue said:

f**k those multi coloured keeper shirts of now a days, that's a proper goalkeepers shirt, and a proper goalkeeper too. "Eddie Eddie Eddie"

Eddie was a brilliant goalie. Such a shame when he was injured. He tried making a comeback but unfortunately that was unsuccessful. He could have played for us for another ten years.

If I remember correctly Eddie was injured in a league cup game against QPR. Speedie replaced Eddie in goal. 

Edited by Boyne

11 hours ago, Boyne said:

Eddie was a brilliant goalie. Such a shame when he was injured. He tried making a comeback but unfortunately that was unsuccessful. He could have played for us for another ten years.

If I remember correctly Eddie was injured in a league cup game against QPR. Speedie replaced Eddie in goal. 

The knee went again against Oxford I think. I spoke to Eddie a couple years ago. He went up for a challenge came down, thought he was ok and took a goal kick. As he struck the ball his leg collapsed and that was it. He never played again.

12 hours ago, chi blue said:

Remember in early to mid 80's buying Pringle or Lyle and Scott jumpers for between £30-£40, but £18 for something in early 70's without sleeves, I would of thought for that money you would of least got sleeves

Good shout mate !:biggrin:

On 14/06/2019 at 14:15, Andy North said:

Went to save the picture below and it said Forrest home 1971. Is that Martin O'Neil?

I thought that looked like a young Duncan McKenzie and checked his playing history on Wikipedia. That said he was on loan at Mansfield but the Forest team photo of 71 includes him.

That's a young John Robertson top photo

7 hours ago, erskblue said:

The players return to the field for the second half of a midweek reserve fixture held at Stamford Bridge in 1979. Reserve games were played at the venue for many years, but Chelsea's second string now play at Aldershot's Recreation Ground

Reserve game. I used to ball boy during the school holidays, get to the ground early and ask. Used to get 50p and a can of coke for your troubles! Sometimes went in goal during the warm up which was good. Took my autograph book because there was always first team players playing either not getting a game or coming back from injury. Used to go west stand side to get the ball off the track or the benches.

2 hours ago, Richard P said:

Reserve game. I used to ball boy during the school holidays, get to the ground early and ask. Used to get 50p and a can of coke for your troubles! Sometimes went in goal during the warm up which was good. Took my autograph book because there was always first team players playing either not getting a game or coming back from injury. Used to go west stand side to get the ball off the track or the benches.

Yeah think the original caption stated it was a reserve game in 1979