• Ramires
    • Meireles
    • Drogba
    • Mata
    • Sturridge
    • Mikel
    • Torres
    • Malouda

I remember saying this time last week after the loss to liverpool that no one would give a monkey about that mickey mouse cup if we went and won our next 3 games. 2 down and 1 to go and I have a good feeling about monday even though I think we will miss luiz!

Great performances tonight especially from the big man up top! I must admit I am a big torres fan and have been gutted he has not started the last few games but if drogba continues the form he showed tonight I don't think I can justify starting torres. I would love to see a drogba, torres fully firing partnership but why change thngs up when it's starting to go so well? Only thing I will say is avb can be sometimes to slow in taking drogba off when it is clear his legs have gone although that was not the case tonight.

UP THE BLUES!

Drogba -- 2 goals and 1 assist.

But the whole team played well. Not one person had a bad match.

A special call-out to Romeu. A young man, not much experience, thrust into the cauldron of a must-win Champions League match and he showed why he's so good. 2 small mistakes the entire match. His timing and tackling are perfect, his strength is fantastic. I hope, oh how I hope, that Barca doesn't think he's worth the money to buy back. Because he's already one of the best players on the pitch.

This is incredibly difficult.

Drogba is the easy one, today reminded us why for a number of seasons we had the best striker in the world. Long may it continue.

Romea was immense as well, always finds a man with his pass (or header) knows when to put his foot through it or when to keep it ticking over.

Marelis controlled the midfield, dont think he gave the ball away and made the passes that we have sooooo been lacking and actually im going to say it... Modric who?

And then we have Ivan the great or Ivan the horrible as most attacking players would probably call him, this guy is such a competitor just hates to loose so much,

I have given it to marelis Just he added that bit of silk to our midfield that we really do lack some times

Drogba, hands down. I saw him beat away 3 defenders at once for a chance. I was thinking "we are going to have a hell of a job on our ahnds trying to replace him." Even the argument that we need slow measured build up to suit Drogba, and that's why Frank needs to be in the side, were thrown out the window tonight. He was everywhere, scoring, defending, setting things up, there is no other striker like him.

Put it this way, we will need to change our play when Drogba does in fact leave.

Scott

I should also mention, complete honourable mention to all the midfield three. Very fluid and Romeu is a true gem. The way we moved the ball about coming out of defence and leading into attack was impressive, and Mereiles was everywhere even after the change in formation late on.

Drogba, just turned back the clock 3 or 4 seasons with tonight's performance, hope he can keep this form over the Christmas period, despite watching him do nothing special this season until his brace & assist this evening - I feel really bad about calling for him to be shipped out in the summer now, hope he continues to keep the egg on my face