Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TimY

Edinson Cavani - £50m

yeah think is made up unfortunately. imagine if we could to buy him before our CL game with them. would make our job a lot easier.

I guess if we did sign him in January we'd have the added benefit that we don't have to face him the Last 16 of the Champions League ;). Can't see it happening at that price though

The case of Javier Hernandez vs. Fernando Torres tells us something. Talent can be found in a lot of places, and sometimes for far less money than you think possible.

After our terrible experiences with mega signings, I dont know why the hell anyone would think this guy is worth 50 million.

Big money often isn't the best way to go having spent £50 million and £30 million respectively on two flops. Our best ST of the Roman era has to be Drogba by some margin and while he cost £24 million that price tag is nothing on £50, especially for someone not experienced in the league.

Chelsea's interest in Napoli duo Edinson Cavani and Marek Hamsik is pure media speculation at this present time, according to the agent of the latter.

Cavani, in particular, has been frequently linked with a January move to west London as the Blues prepare to make significant moves in the winter market.

The 24-year-old striker has netted 44 goals in 63 appearances since his move to Naples, and has been touted as an eventual successor to Didier Drogba at Stamford Bridge.

Hamsik, meanwhile, is also reportedly being pursued by Chelsea but, says Mino Raiola, there has been no approach from the Blues for his client.

“As for reports of Chelsea’s interest in Hamsik and Edinson Cavani, those came out of The Sun, a paper that frankly isn’t even good for cleaning car windows," said Raiola.

"If [Chelsea owner] Roman Abramovich had wanted Cavani and Hamsik, after reading the story in that paper, he would’ve changed his mind."

:laugh2:::clap2::

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/cavani-to-chelsea-rumours-infuriate-agent

Palermo v Napoli right now. Despite the colours of their kits, it should be a good game. And you get to see Hamsik (playing as one of the front three) and Cavani play.

So far Cavani has had a couple of headers at goal. However, his ability to find space in a crowded defence is certainly worth watching.

Source? Doesn't bode well for Fernando but I do admire the player.

If we were to get Cavani, surely were getting rid of torres, we cant play Torres with him, and you wouldn't have either on the bench for the cash and wages.

I don't think Torres will (should) leave just because Cavani comes. As it stands we have three strikers - Torres, Lukaku and Sturridge.

I think Lukaku might go on loan somewhere, so that leaves two strikers. And both are a bit similar. Cavani would add some strength up front - a replacement for Drogba.

He would give us more options up front and also make it easier to play 4-4-2 if needed.

I cannot imagine that either would be happy playing second fiddle. Cavani is a main man, and so is torres. And there not the type to play up top together to get the best out of them.

The problem with two big name center forwards is that one will sit on the bench with our 1-striker formation (which I can't see changing, weather it's 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 next year). I would much rather go for a hybrid solution like Hulk. Hazard can also play as a striker (false 9'er).

I think Cavani is Juventus-player next season, they have sh*tty strikers compared to the rest of their team.

I agree with Mike. We've had Drogba leading our line for 7 years, with supporting acts like Sheva and Anelka along the way. Neither Torres nor Cavani are (or want to be) supporting acts.

Doubt they'd sell either, didn't they sell lavezzi to PSG or someone? Can't see they selling Cavani on top of that. Think Torres will stay 2-3 seasons and then be off, with a new striker coming in, unless Sturridge steps up..