Who won't be supporting England now?

BumsteadCFC

Mods please don't merge this into the JT thread as its a seperate question that pertains specifically to supporting allegiances re. England.

This is no knee jerk reaction on my part (as Snedger has already said on here he was never much of an England fan due to Dixons lack of caps - me too) but as of today I will not support the English national team in football.

Im tired of the media negativity, tired of our players being booed and the morons that support that jokeshop of a setup.

Im still proud of being English but can think of much better ways to manifest my patriotism than be an accessory to that circus. I will support the Chelsea lads in the side but beyond that England FC can f**k right off.

Chelsea only from now on.

Me either but being Australian allows me to be flexible.

I'll probably still support our other boys in the England squad assuming Lamps, Cahill, Sturridge and Ash make it. But I'm going for Ze Germans because they are the only team who can beat Spain and their bullsh*t two metre passes.

I've never really been a fan of the national side. I've only really been interested because of Chelsea players. I find it difficult to support a side which contains players from teams that i hate.

Pretty much what was said above. I never celebrate england goals or wins, unless it's a Chelsea player who has scored/done well. I can't celebrate goals scored by twats like Rooney or Gerrard or most players from our rivals. Used to be different, I didn't mind most of the players in the Beckham/Owen era, but then again it was around that time that we started having more players in the squad than most other clubs: Terry, Lampard, Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge/Ashley Cole, etc...

I won't pull for them. But then, I'm an American so that's not terribly surprising.

That being said, after the US team, I have always had a little internal struggle with who to root for next. My heritage is mostly French and Belgian, and the English team has had a strong Chelsea influence, including its captain. Today planted England firmly behind France and Belgium for me.

I think FIFA is abusive towards clubs. For that reason, I wish more players would decline to play for their national team.

There was a time when the World Cup was the pinnacle of football excellence. That day has long gone. Nowadays, it's the rich clubs which have all the talent and the skill. Yet FIFA insists on scheduling meaningless international days, presumably to line their corrupt pockets. The wear and tear on top players is ridiculous, yet FIFA won't acknowledge it.

So a pox on the national teams, to be honest.

I'm not consistent, though. I don't feel the same way about the national womens teams.

Edited by wxwax

The more I read about this, the more it looks like the England dressing room will once again have completely the wrong mentality. If Terry's there, there will be a clique against him. If he's not there, the team will be weaker and the drama will still pervade everything. Doubtless some players will resent Terry being forced out by the clique.

I reckon England's doomed.

The Germans are my squad.

However, I always wanted to see England do well because of our players. I still want to see the Chelsea players do well, but I no longer really care as much if England do well.

Gave up on the national team (or rather, that wholesome bunch of skid marks called the F.A.) when they stripped JT of the Captaincy first time round for something that had nothing at all to do with his footballing ability to lead on the pitch. The bunch of Whore masters (who over the years have probably scored more often than the team), stink of hypocrisy and double standards and the only thing they are truly interested in is keeping the media and their precious sponsors happy.

I could sit here for ever typing about stuff that " I know for a fact" !!!! has gone on within the hallowed halls of Soho but for legal reasons and for the sake of decency I wont bother, but suffice to say I simply couldn't give a sh*t what the national game does in the future, in fact right now I have such a low opinion of football in general that My only desire is to see us get back to where we belong in the table and for that collection of sh*t touting barrow boys from The Goldhawk Road to disappear back to where they came from.

I've never been particularly patriotic and this particular evolution of the national team has always put the c**ts first and foremost and the hardworking constant performers (Cole, Terry, Lampard) on the chopping block for the sake of some sort of perceived unity. I have effectively had no international affiliation for years as quite frankly I detest most of the team and the manager, and just get behind the Chelsea contingent in each World Cup / Euro tournament, regardless of what country they play for.

And if Ferdinand thinks he's in with a shout of even starting for England, let alone captaining the side, with his recent perfomances then he's deluding himself. Nice PR stunt, but on Sunday I hope Torres and Sturridge bend him over and wheel in Makelele's cock to f**k him with.

I've really been struggling to follow England with excitement for the last 6 or so years. I think our countries support is embarrassing and shameful.

You go to a game and boo your own players, as they play, for non-footballing reasons. I don't want to be associated with people who do that on a regular basis. This isn't helped by the Man U and Liverpool favouring pundits who do their part to put some players on pedestals whilst endlessly slating others.

You get the The Tabloids, who write 22 months of negative stories then for 2 months are suddenly "LETS GET BEHIND OUR BOYS". They undoubtedly cost us the World Cup hosting gig, they could've done/published the corruption stings at any time but no, they wait a week or two before the vote. We wasted 10s of millions of pounds, the papers sold a few more copies.

I watch England games now with just a passing interest and to hope that Chelsea players get a boost from it.

You get the The Tabloids, who write 22 months of negative stories then for 2 months are suddenly "LETS GET BEHIND OUR BOYS". They undoubtedly cost us the World Cup hosting gig, they could've done/published the corruption stings at any time but no, they wait a week or two before the vote. We wasted 10s of millions of pounds, the papers sold a few more copies.

passing interest and to hope that Chelsea players get a boost from it.

I think Russia and Qatar had the world cup bought and paid for. England was never going to win. Played fair, which you can't do. Next time, they need to ask Roman how it works.

I think the media coverage in England helped lift the lid off of FIFA's corruption. We haven't seen the end of the story yet, either.

Edited by wxwax

I stopped supporting England when they threatened* to go on strike over Rio Ferdinands ban..at Chairman Nevilles request.

I like to see the Chelsea boys do well, but ultimately I always laugh when England get knocked out..And anyway there are plenty of other Chelsea players playing for other National teams...I know its not very patriotic of me but f*ck it, club first, country nowhere...

* talked about it, but bottled it....

Edited by SHELLY

Having been lucky to be able to do the Wembly stadium tour recently, I can honestly say that in spite of all the crap that surrounds the national side,I'm still 100% behind the team.

From the statue of Bobby Moore, to the original '66 world cup final crossbar, (inside the stadium) there is just something 'special' about the England Football Team & it's home,Wembly.

I don't follow them because of the knumbnuts who make up the FA,or because of the dickheads who boo England players,I support them because I'm English & I want the national side to do well!.

Not every supporter in this country follows the big teams of the Premiership,there are plenty of followers of England who support the likes of Chesterfield,Mansfield,Plymouth etc.... & a winning/succesfull national side is something ALL football supporters can enjoy & take pride in.

A succesfull England team would be a major boost for the game in this country & is long overdue and in these tough times,what's wrong with that?

Come on England!.

Got to agree with Alan82 on the national team, its hard sometimes when media favourites get picked as MOM (Gerrard often) when they clearly haven't and its odd chearing a Rooney goal but once you let yourself into the whole feel of it being your own Country vs another its impossible (for me) not to get right behind the team even if they are not all in Blue shirts next time out.

what also surprises me is how easy people seem to think it is for players to give up playing for their Country and concentrate on their Clubs, thinking about it as a Player its unusual for a Footballer to get to play for a team he has supported and even the lucky few that do likely have that support dampened as soon as they are treated less fairly than they feel they deserve so playing for their Country must be a brilliant feeling not only to have been judged one of the best eleven of your nationality but to be playing for a team that you will still be following when you have long retired.

I know as fans there is a lot of hate for players from other teams but it rarely exists between players and its good for the best players from rival teams to be lining up together and must at least go some way to keeping a bit of respect between players in a time when rows between players is as much in the news as the football itself.

I have no other blood in me, all my family going back hundreds of years are English (my sister did quite in-depth research ages ago) so I've got no other National team to support. I will continue to want them to win but support? Not really, my affiliation with the Football National side is very half hearted now.

Me. I never liked the England team. Mainly because I'm Brazilian but also because England are the most overrated nation and the biggest underachievers in world football. There false status is based on media hype with no results to back it up. 66 is there only achievement and there are even questions marks over the integrity of that tournament