Enjoy the hope, our season is about to crash

ozboy

Its great to have the FA cup semi against Spurs which is potentially winnable although we are playing a team above us in the league.

Then there is Barca - which seems a bridge too far although I guess stranger things have happened .

Then we have to play Arsenal in league at their place and let's face it that's going to be tough.

With our new found habit of conceding goals at the end of a game a pessimist would find it easy to believe that we we will be out of contention for anything other than a europa cup place next season within a couple of weeks.

What can we do about it?

We do seem to be able to score first half goals against many teams. So let's pack our subs bench with midfielders and then make the subs early in the second half and all in the midfield.

So this would involve replacing Lampard Mata and Sturridge with Essien Malouda and Mereiles early in the second half. I'd also be using Torres for the majority of those games.

Dads%20Army%20Frazier%20-%20doomed.png

Not being able to hold leads is driving me insane at the moment, well more insane then.What we need to do is keep playing and not sit back, we score then we go deeper and deeper (fnar) and allow teams to come onto us and dominate possession. What we need is a strong captain to push the team up the pitch and get fired in instead of standing off and allowing teams to dictate.

Edited by dkw

I don't have any particular hope...I am just taking the view that I should enjoy the cup run while it lasts (Barcelona are great but they are not super human and I suspect they are not taking us lightly...we are expected to lose so we'll see what happens)

Spurs are not nearly as good as they were a few months ago and we are a lot better, I'm not expecting anything from this season, but it could turn out to be great...

Anyway win or lose, up the blues..

Not sure about the title of this thread, bit defeatist.

Can't deny it tho, we have one of the hardest 10 day periods coming up and we will be stretched to the limit and are not at our best BUT lets get behind the team and do our bit as fans and keep believing.

When we play Barca at the Bridge especially I am hoping and expecting a special atmosphere. Everyone should remember 2009 and remember how much we hate those Barca slags and at the very least give them hell all game.

I can't help but be optimistic, but prepared to be disappointed as well.

What gives me hope against Barcelona is that we've never really been the favourites over our last 5 meetings but we've won two and were very close to victory in 1999/2000 and 2009 (-_-....)

As for spurs, they're form is worse than ours which is encouraging. I would be more worried if we were up against Everton.

But Arsenal away, I have little optimism for that.

I hope Robbie D plays strongest team for Spurs and Arsenal, to push for 4th next season to maintain for the foreseeable future.

Option A - Go all out vs Barca more then likely lose and get knocked out and finish 6th

Option B - Put league first dont worry about Barca game (try and avoid cricket scoreline as everyone is aware Barca hate us feeling mutual yet they will not hold up on the goal front) and start again next season in champs with young hungry side with EXPERIENCED manager

A lot of people are giving us a shot of winning these games, but the way we have played recently its clear we have been lucky at times.

But momentum will count for a lot. If we beat Spurs, we could ride that a long way. For me too, the most important results are against Spurs and Arsenal. I want a good showing against Barca, but if they beat us soundly in the first leg, RDM might write off the second and go for damage limitation.

Thanks again to all those at the FA for this fixture clusterf**k.

Hmm ive thaught about the things

even if we end with only 1 win in those 3 games :

1.If we win against spuds - FA cup won.

2.if we win against Barca - well ? what should i say, i would give my future children to see barca fall. :laugh2:

3.If we win against Arse - we are up for the 4th big time !

Hope, as they say is forever eternal.

Supporting the Chels for 46 yrs has tested that little addage to the limit over the years, but never as much as in the next ten days.

Before, we never really expected too much, now however we are used to winning and even playing as poorly as we are it's always niggling away at the back of our mind that maybe, just maybe Drogba will have one of those games, Lamps will dominate the midfield again etc etc...

That's hope.. the reality is that we are more likely to lose all three than win them. I see one win, one draw, and one loss coming from the three games, as to which result aligns with which match.. i haven't got a clue, but if they fall favorably for us our end of season may not be as bad as we fear.

Alan

No way could we hope that this group of players could turnover the mighty Spurs and if per chance the referee or some other strange influence meant we progressed, there would be no way we could topple the mighty Liverpool...

I can't even think about playing Barca and to pick up two points in the League over the next four games is an impossible task, also Spurs and Newcastle dropping points is out of the question.

I'm not going to watch any of it, I've had far too much entertainment this season to watch the fruits of two decent Cup runs and a fair crack in the league with a squad thats needed freshening up for years and doesn't keep a Manager long enough to create a style of its own.

I think were over achieving and can't watch as it all crashes round our ears.

The thing about this team is that some of our strongest performances have come in the biggest games. How we can smash Napoli or Tottenham but only score once and consequently draw Fulham boggles my mind. As a side effect, however, even stronger teams than us don't scare me. What scares me is having a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to go against the likes of Stoke, as bizarre as that may sound.

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

Season isnt crashing, its just about to kick off.

The thing about this team is that some of our strongest performances have come in the biggest games. How we can smash Napoli or Tottenham but only score once and consequently draw Fulham boggles my mind. As a side effect, however, even stronger teams than us don't scare me. What scares me is having a 1-0 lead with 5 minutes to go against the likes of Stoke, as bizarre as that may sound.

Very true. Add to those results, the Valencia game to ensure CL progress and the first defeat we handed to Man City.