Chelsea v Liverpool (FA Cup Final) 05/05/12 KO 17:15 BST

As much as very few things give me greater pleasure than watching this Liverpool implosion I can't help but worry about the Final and League game against them.

Chelsea are renowned for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The reality is the FA Cup Final and League game should be vultures to the carcass but in a final in front of 40,000 or so Dippers on both occasions, it will hardly be a walkover and they will be up for it.

I would much rather go into the games against them hearing how Chelsea fans are vile, Frank hates RDM, JT runs the club and our senior players are past it and hearing how great "King" Kenny is and what a wonderful person Gerrard is and how loveable and fantastic their fans are etc. Generally when negative publicity surrounds this club we do better, we thrive off the underdog tag and have developed a siege mentality, but we will be overwhelming favourites now.

Chelsea are the best team to play when doing badly.

Wigan (Away) - Lost 3 of the last 4 home games

Arsenal (Home) - Winless away

QPR (Away) - Winless at Home

Liverpool (Home) - Won only 1 of the last 4 league games

WBA (Away) - 1 Home win in last 7

Villa (Home) - Won only 1 of last 8 league games

I can't help but kind of wish Liverpool weren't doing so badly, we are just destined to mess things up now.

Every Fool and his cat wrote us off in the Spurs games (all three) and we lost none of them, nobody gave us a prayer at home to City, Valencia, Napoli or Barcelona or away to Newcastle yet we won all of them.

Unlike United, we never have thrived off the favourite tag, just hope I'm wrong :sad:

Edited by Myles_91

I'm quite worried as well. You just know they're going to turn up for once because it's us. They've beaten us that last 3/4 times we've played them.

Plus I suspect that whole Hillsborough silence thing is going to rear it's head again and no doubt if Liverpool win it will be viewed as a righteous victory against the evil old Chelsea.

I hate Liverpool with a passion. I really dislike everything about them. Nothing will be better than to beat them in the final. Why? They think they've achieved something great by winning the Carling Cup, but truth is its such a crap competition that none of the big clubs care about. They've done woeful all season and hate to think that its all erased if they beat us. Plus, we haven't had the greatest seasons at all either, but winning the FA cup just about turns it around. I'm terrified about playing them. We're a better team than them I know we are, its just for some reason there's always that chance in a final. I can just see Andy Carroll scoring too... If they win the FA Cup then King Kenny becomes and even bigger King, even though I don't rate him at all. And Liverpool become an amazing team again (according to their fans).

On a positive note we have a great record at the new Wembley so we should be ok? We have the experience of Lampard, JT, Drogba and Ashley Cole (whos won the competition the most by the way) to get us through it, and with a better squad than them we should beat them. I want to win this FA Cup more than the previous two.

I'm more worried about our next league game than Liverpool. they have nothing to play for in the league, wouldnt be surrpised if Uncle Kenny start to rotate his team in preparation for the FA cup.

He will do, he rested half of his squad in the game before the semi. He'll probably call up their Youth Team for the last few games before playing us.

I feel it all depends on Barca away...I feel if we get knocked out we will win ALL our remaining matches..This includes the FA CUP..I feel if we get through to the ECF i think the euphoria will be so great being so close to the holy grail, that it will affect residual games

Not worried about playing Fool and their hypocritical, deluded supporters but they will be really up for it

All they have to go for in the Prem is the hope of finishing above Everton, but if they win the FA cup we will hear no end of how they won 2 out of the 3 comps they entered.

We need to crush them with no mercy

HAHA...Bonetti youve made me smile with that last line you wrote.Although very true, it did sound a bit like certain dictators speak from ww2..Nice one

Winston Churchill - one of my all time heros!

Liverpool has a lot of Australian fans (possibly more than United, and definitely more than Arsenal, who are probably 3rd)...I know a lot of them...and would like the bragging rights after a disappointing season against them.