What happened to Malouda?

sizzler85
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

It appears he won't take enough of a paycut, money before playing...

He's taken a massive drop in my esteem, he knows he's not in the managers/clubs plans but still wont go somewhere else.

He's doing a Bogarde now, and that pisses me off (or am i being to harsh?)

Alan

Harsh?

No

I would have been harsher.

It appears he won't take enough of a paycut, money before playing...

He's taken a massive drop in my esteem, he knows he's not in the managers/clubs plans but still wont go somewhere else.

He's doing a Bogarde now, and that pisses me off (or am i being to harsh?)

Alan

Remind me again of when Bogarde played a major part in us winning a league title.

Im furious with Malouda, I respect him for what hes done for this club - played a major part in us winning the title when he was in the form of his life but to just ride his time here training all year and knowing hes not in the plans just pisses me right off.

Take a paycut and go on with your career in france, please FloMo.

Im furious with Malouda, I respect him for what hes done for this club - played a major part in us winning the title when he was in the form of his life but to just ride his time here training all year and knowing hes not in the plans just pisses me right off.

Take a paycut and go on with your career in france, please FloMo.

Why should he take a paycut? Would you, I wouldnt. I would wait to get the best for me and my family, not sure why this should be any different for a footballer. He can still go out on loan anyway I think, isnt the window different for loan moves?

Why should he take a paycut? Would you, I wouldnt. I would wait to get the best for me and my family, not sure why this should be any different for a footballer. He can still go out on loan anyway I think, isnt the window different for loan moves?

Would you not want to play football though as a footballer? Does not look like RDM want to involve Malouda anymore.

French window is up until Tuesday, not sure about loan deals.

Would you not want to play football though as a footballer? Does not look like RDM want to involve Malouda anymore.

French window is up until Tuesday, not sure about loan deals.

He will want to play football but I expect he will want it to be right for him. Doesnt he want to finish his career in Brazil? I would think the only way that can happen is if he moves on a free.

I look forward to another season of Malouda seemingly being hopeless, scoring a random goal, being hopeless again, getting a new haircut then being hopeless again.

The sad thing is, I don't dislike Malouda at all. He was brilliant a couple of years ago, but he just can't sustain any sort of positive impact lately. Who knows how much he will play if he does in fact remain here this season.

With Mata, Hazard, Oscar, and Moses all operating our attacking midfield I can't see Malouda getting any important game time.

Guess money is that important to some players.

And Marin

Mata

Hazard

Oscar

Sturridge

Marin

Moses

Piazon

Bertrand

Malouda

thats kind of how I see the pecking order

Some of you are hilarious. Why would he take a paycut? Why would he give away money at this stage in his career? Hes pretty much everything there is and lets face it hes not going to get into coaching or get a regular job. When hes done, hes done. Needs to save all the money he can

Comparing Malouda taking a pay cut to an average person taking a pay cut isn't the same. For a lot of people, particularly if you're on minimum wage, you make enough every week to pay your bills, food, clothing etc, enough to get by basically. It would take me a couple of years to earn what Malouda does in a week.

So, he can afford to take a pay cut and still live very comfortably both now and after he retires, unless he's made some horrific financial decisions of course.

Comparing Malouda taking a pay cut to an average person taking a pay cut isn't the same. For a lot of people, particularly if you're on minimum wage, you make enough every week to pay your bills, food, clothing etc, enough to get by basically. It would take me a couple of years to earn what Malouda does in a week.

So, he can afford to take a pay cut and still live very comfortably both now and after he retires, unless he's made some horrific financial decisions of course.

Yep, it would take many of us a couple of years to earn what he earns per week - but then a footballers career is generally over by around 34 years of age...which is about 30 years earlier than the majority.

Yep, it would take many of us a couple of years to earn what he earns per week - but then a footballers career is generally over by around 34 years of age...which is about 30 years earlier than the majority.

30 years earlier yes, but he'll make more THIS YEAR than the majority will make in those 30 years. By the time most top level footballers retire (and this should be true in Malouda's case), they will be multi-millionaires who will have made more than enough money in their career to live comfortably the rest of their lives.

Remind me again of when Bogarde played a major part in us winning a league title.

Derrr Never :face_palm: That's not the point (and you know it).

Malouda is almost certainly a multi millionaire with a hat full of trophies, he's had his time with us and it's now time to move on......

For me that's it, i'd be the same with anyone hanging around with no chance of playing just for the money, i just hope that he finds somewhere before the French window closes.

Alan