January transfers

dublinblue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

ok folks i now the transfer window is not shut 24 hours, and i think we all seem to agree we have a midfield problem, i personally disagree with a lot of you putting lampard down and wanting him off the team, however we do need to sign some one else in my opinion.

i would like to see some like schweinsteiger come in so we could then have mikel and schweinsteiger behind lamps, and then have a very good looking bench.

but who would you sign and why? (does not need to be midfield)

If we are outside the top 4 probably no one until next summer...in the top 4 with a shout of the title....depends where we feel the need regardless of position...but if we are up that high it means we are playing well....still say that our creative midfield is a bit lightweight in terms of size

If we are outside the top 4 probably no one until next summer...in the top 4 with a shout of the title....depends where we feel the need regardless of position...but if we are up that high it means we are playing well....still say that our creative midfield is a bit lightweight in terms of size

i would be more worried about our destructive midfield than creative, i think creatively we have enough, but we need some one else romeu is to young and mikel is the only one there, not good enough i think. bring makelele back lol

Ask me at the beginning of January.

The two weakest spots in our current starting XI are center-forward and central midfield. At CF, we could definitely use another body, but whether we need short-term cover, long-term cover, or a big name isn't clear - it depends on whether Torres really is back to being a professional footballer, on how effectively Sturridge can play up front in RDM's system, and on how close Lukaku is to being able to earn significant time at the Bridge, all of which we'll have more information about in four months. At CM we're more likely to need a real quality player, but it still depends on whether Ramires can play in the 2, whether Mikel can consistently reach the level he was hitting in the CL towards the end of last season, how Romeu develops, whether Essien shows any signs of getting something back at Real Madrid . . .

All the clear and obvious problems with the squad at the start of the summer have been fixed. What's left are the areas where we have solutions which should definitely be good enough to get us into the top four, and might be even better, but we're not sure; it'll be easier to see what to do about them after we've had time to evaluate.

For one this to be true: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2196970/Radamel-Falcao-join-Chelsea-48m-January.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

What that would mean for Torres I do not know but we do need a class alternative to him for me and Falcao once again showed he is class. Who knows maybe they could work together...

Fellani would be my other one, would give us that midfield dominator alongside Ramires/Romeu/Mikel etc.

Not that I am unhappy with our ins this window, just those two would offer us improved options.

We don't need to sign anyone in January - not when you consider the players we have out on loan. That's why I hate season long loans as ideally in January I would like to see us "sign" Lukaku, KDB, McEachran and Courtois.

Falcao. He's quite good, apparently.

Loved Rock me Amadeus.

"Der der der der der, der der der der, Der der der der der, der der der der,Der der der der der, der der der der der Amadeus, a come and rock me Amadeus...."

Magical.

Loved Rock me Amadeus.

"Der der der der der, der der der der, Der der der der der, der der der der,Der der der der der, der der der der der Amadeus, a come and rock me Amadeus...."

Magical.

The first thing we have to do is get Malouda of the wage bill to free up more cash for wages.

It is obvious we are working towards fair play regulations as the Benayoun and Essien deals show. We could only ship out Benayoun to the Hammers once Essien went to Madrid to help West Ham with Benayoun Wages.

I still can't get it into my head who's idea it was in the first place to pay Benayoun 92,000 a week . (he's played more friendly games then competitive games for us)

Too soon to say really, it depends how we do between now and then. However I still think we need a really world class DM to replace Mikel, but I'm not sure who that would be, maybe we were spoiled by having Maka for several years and no-one else is going to be anywhere near as good..?

Really don't think we need any more players. We've got Mikel, Meireles and Romeu who can play in the DM positions, and against smaller teams with less of an attacking threat we can use Oscar or Lampard in there. I think our biggest mistake against Atletico was playing Lampard at DM against a team with such a potent attacking threat.

People keep saying Romeu is too young and inexperienced, but I would say if he's good enough then he's old enough, and the only way to give him experience is to play him.

If Torres gets injured for any length of time, we're in deep sh*t, as Sturridge alone isn't enough back-up.

I know I'll get slated for this, but I'd take Andy Carroll in a heart-beat, especially as we now have players who can put in decent crosses.

Other than that, I think we're fine. Our defensive midfielders are good enough, they're just leaving too much of a gap between defence and midfield, and that comes down to RDM's tactics.