Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Yeah but neither were world class, in fact both were very limited. Signing Fleck now would be like signing Holt. Sutton was a poor mans Bent, which is saying something. At Norwich they used him as a defender as well as a striker, about sums the c**t up.

You're thinking about that in todays terms, at the time lots of clubs were in for both players and we thought we'd hit the jackpot when we signed them!

You're thinking about that in todays terms, at the time lots of clubs were in for both players and we thought we'd hit the jackpot when we signed them!

I never felt like that about Sutton. He was always a 2nd rate, 2nd striker/target man.

Was chuffed about Fleck at the time, but despite trying he flopped big time, seems to run in circles when he should have been going straight.

Falcao is, & has been, the best number 9 in world football for 2 years now.

Torres gives us an out when we're under pressure, he will get the ball hold onto it and find a team mate.

Danny doesn't give us that, when he gets the ball 90% of the time he tries something flash loses the ball and puts us back under pressure!

If Danny could realise that scoring goals is part of his job but not his only job, he would be a fantastic player, until then he'll be a fringe player!

EDIT: For the recored Danny had a bad game on Wednesday but scored which papered over things

It looked the opposite to me. HOw many times does Torres get the back with his back to goal and end up losing it? A lot. When Sturridge got the ball against Mn Utd, more often than not he was able to keep it, beat a man and lay it off. I'd trust Sturridge to keep hold of the ball in that situation much more than I would Torres.

It looked the opposite to me. How many times does Torres get the back with his back to goal and end up losing it? A lot. When Sturridge got the ball against Mn Utd, more often than not he was able to keep it, beat a man and lay it off. I'd trust Sturridge to keep hold of the ball in that situation much more than I would Torres.

I agree, Danny's much better at finding space

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

I agree with you mate, I just mean he could be worth the risk but maybe not at £48 million

Why are so many people obsess with price tag, the club will probable recover a good percentage of that in image rights, so a transfer makes viable sense if it is the missing link to make a good team, great

It looked the opposite to me. HOw many times does Torres get the back with his back to goal and end up losing it? A lot. When Sturridge got the ball against Mn Utd, more often than not he was able to keep it, beat a man and lay it off. I'd trust Sturridge to keep hold of the ball in that situation much more than I would Torres.

i have no idea where they got that from. torres is so weak and loses the ball when challenged, and his shielding is so bad - look when he has the ball at his feet, its right in front of him unguarded, not in full control, its like a gift for defenders to just stick the foot out and poke it away.

"Torres gives us an out when we're under pressure" is a crazy statement

Why are so many people obsess with price tag, the club will probable recover a good percentage of that in image rights, so a transfer makes viable sense if it is the missing link to make a good team, great

After £30 million plus on Shevchenko and £50 million on Fernando Torres I think we have the right to be a little weary of the price tag

i have no idea where they got that from. torres is so weak and loses the ball when challenged, and his shielding is so bad - look when he has the ball at his feet, its right in front of him unguarded, not in full control, its like a gift for defenders to just stick the foot out and poke it away.

"Torres gives us an out when we're under pressure" is a crazy statement

Jeez is there anything good about torres? Should he even be a footballer? Your constant drivel wears thin. Fair enough you don't think he should be our main man that is your opinion but your always on this page telling us how bad he is!

Guest RFC_CFC

Danny was awful against United and yes he got a goal but that was after a near 90 minutes of being wasteful and clumsy.

Torres at the minute is a far better option.

Danny was awful against United and yes he got a goal but that was after a near 90 minutes of being wasteful and clumsy.

Torres at the minute is a far better option.

But not after he scored he was great in ET, I don't know why people are been so hard oven Danny for been poor for 90 mins when he hasn't played regularly for so long. The wastefulness yes be critical but clumsiness will have been due to lack of games.

Jeez is there anything good about torres? Should he even be a footballer? Your constant drivel wears thin. Fair enough you don't think he should be our main man that is your opinion but your always on this page telling us how bad he is!

slag me off all you want but don't use it as an escuse to brush aside my points.

so, did you agree or disagree with what i said?

slag me off all you want but don't use it as an escuse to brush aside my points.

so, did you agree or disagree with what i said?

I havn't heard you praise torres once so I don't really take your points seriously anymore.

If your asking who I would prefer between torres and sturridge to hold the ball up and PASS to a team mate it would be torres all day long.

I'm not saying Sturridge was world class or anything against MU, but I just can't understand how people can honestly slag him off so much after ONE GAME.

Whenever Torres plays badly and people come in here and criticise him, I hear constantly frmo his supporters that "it was only one game". Read back and you'll see it countless times. But for Torres it's not, it's 2 years worth of "one game"s.

Sturridge was better than Torres last year. And this year I think that's his first full 90+ minutes and yet now that's it and he's awful, end of story?

If your asking who I would prefer between torres and sturridge to hold the ball up and PASS to a team mate it would be torres all day long.

nope, thats not what i was asking. we're talking about torres and how good he is at holding up the ball

I'm not saying Sturridge was world class or anything against MU, but I just can't understand how people can honestly slag him off so much after ONE GAME.

Whenever Torres plays badly and people come in here and criticise him, I hear constantly frmo his supporters that "it was only one game". Read back and you'll see it countless times. But for Torres it's not, it's 2 years worth of "one game"s.

Sturridge was better than Torres last year. And this year I think that's his first full 90+ minutes and yet now that's it and he's awful, end of story?

Totally agree and like I keep saying when he scored he looked quality, I think he actually benefitted from the 120 minutes

But our 2 options are sturridge and torres! The point the other guy was making is that torres is better at holding the ball up than sturridge.

He does, we should put a bid in for Llorente, he would be better than both at what we need.

If Torres had put in the performance that Sturridge did on Wednesday night he would be praised for weeks months.

There would be a lot of the "Torres is back!" nonsense that is spouted every time he doesn't miss a sitter and/or trip over his own feet.

He is an extremely limited footballer whether you want to accept that or not.

For a club with Chelsea's aspirations he shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11.

He wouldn't make Utd's or City's bench let alone play games for them.

If Torres had put in the performance that Sturridge did on Wednesday night he would be praised for weeks months.

bullsht. ill dare to say he never had a game as bad as sturridge had yesterday. for 110 minutes he was doing everything wrong. if torres is an extremely limited footballer then i wouldnt even know what to call sturridge

There would be a lot of the "Torres is back!" nonsense that is spouted every time he doesn't miss a sitter and/or trip over his own feet.

He is an extremely limited footballer whether you want to accept that or not.

For a club with Chelsea's aspirations he shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11.

He wouldn't make Utd's or City's bench let alone play games for them.

Oh look another poster who's opinion is made out to be fact. Just because that is what you believe it dosn't make it true ffs.

It is bullsh*t, the non-delusional fans can see that neither Torres or Sturridge are perfect for that role. Torres works harder for the team, but Sturridge is more of a threat when through on goal.

Edited by Ben

bullsht. ill dare to say he never had a game as bad as sturridge had yesterday. for 110 minutes he was doing everything wrong. if torres is an extremely limited footballer then i wouldnt even know what to call sturridge

That's a stupid statement Torres has been useless in plenty of games at least Danny looked lively, for 90 mins he was crap but as I've said in ET after he scored Danny was quality.