Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Just gonna remind you all that Torres scored the goal that confirmed our place in Munich, Torres won the corner in The Champions League Final, Torres scored the equaliser in the Europa League Final.

Fernando Torres Chelsea's number 9. Not Liverpool's.

There's straws floating past on the breeze. Let's all try and clutch some.

If Torres had performed for United, Titty and Le Arse like he had for us we would be ripping the piss out of them.

If they had paid £50 million for the privilege we would be in f**king hysterics.

There's straws floating past on the breeze. Let's all try and clutch some.

If Torres had performed for United, Titty and Le Arse like he had for us we would be ripping the piss out of them.

If they had paid £50 million for the privilege we would be in f**king hysterics.

I was just trying to look on the bright side. Also I don't really care what other teams think.

Yep. Difficult to feel sorry for someone who's unwilling to move on because he is on a lucrative contract. Can't blame him though as we offered him a deal that he can't walk away from. And which makes it impossible for us to sell him.

It's the worst possible scenario for both parties. The nightmare continues...

Always been a huge fan of his back from Atletico, but it was a huge mistake to offer him a five and a half year deal in the first place. He was nearly 27 when he came to us, and on the back of a fairly poor year at Liverpool. What would have been wrong with a three year deal? Nothing. His time would be up now.

Hopefully now he knows he's behind Drogba he will seek a move away and we can bring in a replacement as soon as possible.

Well Jose gave the message loud and clear last night that he isn't part of his 1st team but I think it could be a messy ending. Personally I can't see Torres taking the hint and toddling off into the sunset. I think we will have another.........

story_32446_32446-xlarge.jpg

.................... situation.

Guest RFC_CFC

Hopefully not.

I mean he want to play football (even if he's not very good at it). Surely with him coming on 30 he knows he has one more move in him to get something resembling a fresh start.

He has to take it for both his and our sakes, I don't think he's the kind of guy who will just sit on a bench and accept not playing especially at his age now.

After seeing Costa he will know theres just no chance in hell of Jose picking him over Diego while Drogba will offer more and is a Jose favourite.

It's time to move on and finally I think it could be close to happening, the onyl worry is it's left late and we cant get the cover in.

Fingers crossed though.

Bogarde would be more useful tbh..... Ok too far?

My memory of Bogarde is that he wasn't that bad on the rare occasions when he actually got on the pitch, I think the indignation was more about his wages and generally apathetic attitude towards never playing.

Also in reading around this I found this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/4770298/Vialli-signs-Bogarde.html

When was the last time we were described as "cosmopolitan" due to our numerous foreign stars and "ambitious" due to aiming high with our signings? How the times have changed...

(btw this was intended as one of those 'lean back, gaze at the stars while chewing straw and reflecting on the too rapid passage of time' moments rather than a general dig at our media coverage)