Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

I hope no one ever states on here again that Chelsea fans have more class than fans of any other club. 

It`s also mind-boggling that no mod has locked this thread. I know it would be in vain but still...

Thankfully most of them don't go to the bridge on a regular basis.  As long as a player still has support from the fans that go to games he doesn't have much to worry about

I hope no one ever states on here again that Chelsea fans have more class than fans of any other club. 

It`s also mind-boggling that no mod has locked this thread. I know it would be in vain but still...

This isn't RAWK, threads aren't just locked willy-nilly. No, not around these parts, sir.

But Torres needs to go, pronto.

when he pulls the shirt on and plays I give nothing but support. We have every right to criticise him if he's sh*t though.

Not actually sure what class has to do with it in fairness, are you a gooner?

Edited by 1905.

when he pulls the shirt on and plays I give nothing but support. We have every right to criticise him if he's sh*t though.

Not actually sure what class has to do with it in fairness, are you a gooner?

Well, wanting to put drugs in a locker of a player ( even saying it in banter) or wishing a player of your club  an injury ( it has happened before) is pretty classless. 

I also just mentioned it because I´ve read several times on here that fans of club xy are classless and Chelsea fans would never do this and that.

It´s true though talking about class on a message board is futile, so my apologies.

I´m not  a fan of any club, it has just never happened to me for some reason, but I do love football and I actually like Chelsea. I wanted to learn more about tactics, talk about football and stuff, but realized ( and I should have known it before) that message boards are not my thing. I just don´t think it´s funny to slate players off constantly. It gets so very tiring. I knew it before i joined though, so that´s totally on me!

Edited by el_gitano

Well, wanting to put drugs in a locker of a player ( even saying it in banter) or wishing a player of your club  an injury ( it has happened before) is pretty classless. 

I also just mentioned it because I´ve read several times on here that fans of club xy are classless and Chelsea fans would never do this and that.

It´s true though talking about class on a message board is futile, so my apologies.

I´m not  a fan of any club, it has just never happened to me for some reason, but I do love football and I actually like Chelsea. I wanted to learn more about tactics, talk about football and stuff, but realized ( and I should have known it before) that message boards are not my thing. I just don´t think it´s funny to slate players off constantly. It gets so very tiring. I knew it before i joined though, so that´s totally on me!

It was a joke though, so they weren't wishing an injury in the slightest. I'm sure there have been plenty of negative comments on here but people say all kinds of things borne in frustration. I wouldn't call it classless, despite what is said on here I've never seen any Torres shirt burning or heard boos when he comes on the pitch (quite the opposite actually).

If you wanted to read about the football side of things/tactics then the 'General Chelsea FC' section was a mistake mate.

It was a joke though, so they weren't wishing an injury in the slightest. I'm sure there have been plenty of negative comments on here but people say all kinds of things borne in frustration. I wouldn't call it classless, despite what is said on here I've never seen any Torres shirt burning or heard boos when he comes on the pitch (quite the opposite actually).

If you wanted to read about the football side of things/tactics then the 'General Chelsea FC' section was a mistake mate.

I already admitted that using the word class was a mistake. I actually agree with you on that. I´m not so sure that wishing him an injury ( it happened months ago in fairness), was a joke. If it was, it´s not the kind of humour I get.

That´s true as well though I don´t really know if the Chelsea match chat is much better...

Mmmm wishing injury is not funny. CFCflynn's drugs in the locker jibe was clearly a joke and was to not be taken seriously.

Most of us want him sold for footballing reasons and many believe last season was his last chance.

I don't know where Jose stands, but I feel like if Torres was told 'we need to get rid of an international player and it is you. That means you have two options- leave or not be registered for the upcoming season and hope things change in 12 months' then I am positive Torres will blink first.

I just don't think the club are willing to do that.

having a name that translates to 'the gypsy' does give off the wrong impression if you are infact here for debate etc

Honestly I just suck at choosing  usernames. It shows that I´m not really familiar with being on a message board. I´m also female which makes the username even more ludicrous. It was supposed to be a reference and it´s not working for me either.

Oh well, I at least tried it after being a silent reader for two years.

Edited by el_gitano

Honestly I just suck at choosing  usernames. It shows that I´m not really familiar with being on a message board. I´m also female which makes the username even more ludicrous. It was supposed to be a reference and it´s not working for me either.

Oh well, I at least tried it after being a silent reader for two years.

Ask Mod to change your user name to Carmen!

Seem we have a rawk member here, as they always expect threads to be lock that are over 24 hours old or use words of two syllables or more. 

Dippers you never slip alone YNSA

Seem we have a rawk member here, as they always expect threads to be lock that are over 24 hours old or use words of two syllables or more. 

Dippers you never slip alone YNSA

Well, I know that the Mikel thread was locked. Was it worse than this one? It´s true though that it was no my place to indirectly ask for it.

I´ve never been on Rawk or any football message board. It took me a lot of courage to join this one, take from that what you want. 

Plus I don´t even know the names of all their players and I also don´t really care.

Edited by el_gitano

el_gitano, not sure why I have to explain but I will.

All the admins and moderators have spoken at length about this topic. This isn't actually the one topic, it was a few merged topics put into one, hence Groundhog Day.

It was decided, that if this was locked, more and more topics will be started for every individual to make their point.

With this one (albeit annoying) topic, it means people can avoid it if need be, instead of reading the same spread over new topics everywhere.

Why does it take courage to join the most friendly & best forum around? (surely if you have been reading this forum for two years you would already know that)

We rarely bite unless severely bitten first.

I guess courage is the wrong word. I was hesitant for a long time.

Some users do come on pretty strong. I also knew that I couldn´t take all the insults without saying something even though it is a given on any football message board. 

Some users do come on pretty strong. I also knew that I couldn´t take all the insults without saying something even though it is a given on any football message board. 

Really, I think you are worrying unduly.  No real ShedEnder insults people without provocation - sometimes we send jokey insults at each other.  It is not a given on here that people act insultingly towards each other.  The Mods are scrupulous in vetting that and warning/getting rid of persistent offenders.

Why don't you start a thread in the Newbies section introducing yourself, then everyone will know you're a genuine Shed End newbie.

Your username is fine as it is, And this, from Santana's massively undertated Amigos album, is beyond superlative

Gitano