Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

It confuses me how torres has become so awful. He was once one of the most feared strikers in the world, now he's just a joke for everyone to laugh at through gif images and youtube highlights. 

if you were the laughing stock of most of the footballing world, surely you would put your head down and prove the doubters wrong? it just seems like he's taken the criticism to heart and finally given up on improving himself as a player, and instead is happy benching it on his insane wages. 

strange to not have the ambition as a former top player, not to want to work hard and retrieve what you've lost. 

you can't tell me that through one bad injury he hasn't been able to regain his former form?! I don't believe it. If you're a top player, you stay a top player, and your ability doesn't disappear into thin air. it isn't like he came here at 33/34 years old; he was only in his late 20's! Look at Eto'o, 33 years of age and still had the ability, all be it a little bit slower, naturally. 

Edited by enigma

It confuses me how torres has become so awful. He was once one of the most feared strikers in the world, now he's just a joke for everyone to laugh at through gif images and youtube highlights. 

if you were the laughing stock of most of the footballing world, surely you would put your head down and prove the doubters wrong? it just seems like he's taken the criticism to heart and finally given up on improving himself as a player, and instead is happy benching it on his insane wages. 

strange to not have the ambition as a former top player, not to want to work hard and retrieve what you've lost. 

you can't tell me that through one bad injury he hasn't been able to regain his former form?! I don't believe it. If you're a top player, you stay a top player, and your ability doesn't disappear into thin air. it isn't like he came here at 33/34 years old; he was only in his late 20's! Look at Eto'o, 33 years of age and still had the ability, all be it a little bit slower, naturally. 

Just looking at the point of view that why does him wanting to stay here mean he's given up? Surely you could see packing your bags and shipping out of the country as giving up as well?

The lads lost it, he knows that. But what's to say he doesn't want to fight for his place here, surely that's the only way he could truly regain his status. If he goes abroad people will just say its the quality of the league that is making him look good.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's finished but I don't see why staying here means he's given up. 

Please Chelsea, do absolutely everything in your power to get rid of Torres. I don't think I've ever wanted anyone to leave Chelsea as much, not even Benitez. Torres is useless, I'm so sick of watching his futile 'efforts'. His presence and wage packet has been a massive reason as to why we fell behind the likes of Man City in England and Bayern etc in Europe and are still catching up, albeit to a lesser extent now. The sooner he's gone, the sooner I no longer have to hear the Torres fanboys chanting his name when he successfully manages to close down an opposition defender 5 yards away. And the sooner we can consign this ghastly, 517 page long thread to where it's been headed for 3 years: The Abyss.

Edited by Celery1989

I do not know, what kind of contract Torres has got, but now I say he refuses to lead out on loan. Simply unbelievable how much grief this asshole has caused over his time at Chelsea.

Not sure why he's an asshole? I want Torres gone as much as anyone but he owes us nothing, this is all the club's doing for buying a player who was past his best for mega money.

I know I wouldn't be giving up £175k a week that easily!!

This man has no self-worth. He must have watched many blogs, twitters, postings about him. Meanwhile, he stays around, despite he has nothing to offer, but collects huge wages. What sort of person would stick around a place where everyone ridicules you? It is not that he lacks money, he pulled in plenty at Chelsea for playing sh*t.

This man has no self-worth. He must have watched many blogs, twitters, postings about him. Meanwhile, he stays around, despite he has nothing to offer, but collects huge wages. What sort of person would stick around a place where everyone ridicules you? It is not that he lacks money, he pulled in plenty at Chelsea for playing sh*t.

It's a career and one he'll be looking to get as much money out of as possible, especially considering he'll never be on anywhere near as much money ever again. It's not as if he's sh*t on purpose either. I will 100% agree that he has been a burden on us ever since joining, but people go way OTT in my opinion.

Do you honestly think he actually cares about his performance with Chelsea? He tries to play better, I admit that. Why is he not willing to move out on loan, but requires to be paid off?

Not a very good character, in my perspective.

Of course he cares, i'm sure he would like nothing more than to be that same striker that was scoring wonder goals at Liverpool.

seriously though, that's not normal.... "hey fernando, just take a few days off and go to Ibiza, dont worry about things here, come back when you're ready".

Surely this is it?

PLEASE be it....

Was it a holiday over in England yesterday? Saw someone theorize that the players get the day after games off plus Monday was a holiday, so Torres could've hopped on a private jet for a quick trip to his Ibiza home.

If I was Torres, I would do the same thing. Therfore I cannot blame him as we'd probably all do the same thing.

Rake in as much coin as you can, because when the playing days are over you are finished..... and you'll have to do boring punditry for peanuts (in comparison).......although I dont know what Torres could offer via punditry now, poor guy!

Edited by Zola
Guest RFC_CFC

Sometimes, it is called a pride, a respect for oneself. Since he has none, he keeps slipping up on the pitch & pocketing huge wages.

lol

Just admit you hate him, it would make this easier tbh