Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Not the argument at all. It's one thing to have a bad job, but it's another thing completely to have the majority of your clients dislike you and your bosses perpetually telling you "No, Bob's going to do the job today. You just sit over there and watch Bob work".

I'm sure you'll say that's a dream come true, but it conflicts with the human spirit imo. Eventually, you'd want to be useful and valued as a member of a workforce or team.

So true unfortunately....it's his money so he's entitled to ask for it to be paid up. Decision remains on whether the club seriously wants him around the place....

Edited by Tambling Dice

He's not going to want to leave because nobody can afford his massive wages and it looks like he's unwilling to take a paycut, but also, i can only think of one set of fans, Atletico Madrid, who would be happy to have him at their club. He knows if he goes anywhere except AM that the fans will be dead against. Nobody wants to go somewhere where they arent wanted. He's got it pretty cushty here, Chelsea fans have been very decent to him considering the performances he's put in 

He's not going to want to leave because nobody can afford his massive wages 

He won't be taking a pay cut if we loan him out as we'll probably end up paying at least half of his wages as part of any deal. Then it becomes a question of whether he wants to move abroad and accept a new challenge or mope around the Bridge as third choice striker.

FERNANDO TORRES will not leave Chelsea unless they pay up his £8.5million-a-year contract in full ... being reported ...

I think Torres has got the Club by the short & curlies ... if true?

This thread could well run for the length of time it takes for Torres to run down his Contract then ... :0(

There is a way around this without forcing the remaining FFP book value of Torres to come up right away. 

If we loan him to say Milan for the remaining 2 years of his contract, no loan fee they just need to pay as much of his wages as they can. We make up the rest and the remaining book value of his transfer fee is paid over those 2 years rather than 1. It may work for FFP, but in reality not likely to happen lol.

Not the argument at all. It's one thing to have a bad job, but it's another thing completely to have the majority of your clients dislike you and your bosses perpetually telling you "No, Bob's going to do the job today. You just sit over there and watch Bob work".

I'm sure you'll say that's a dream come true, but it conflicts with the human spirit imo. Eventually, you'd want to be useful and valued as a member of a workforce or team.

very well put. Clever post. Think this is totally accurate and have actually been in a similar position myself! Took a job a while ago, good money and wayyyyy out of my depth. Ended up persona non grata and marginalised to the point where I was so demoralised on a daily basis that I f**ked off elsewhere.

That said, I wasnt on 175k per week. Perhaps that mght shade it in favour of sitting on one's arse!

There is a way around this without forcing the remaining FFP book value of Torres to come up right away.

If we loan him to say Milan for the remaining 2 years of his contract, no loan fee they just need to pay as much of his wages as they can. We make up the rest and the remaining book value of his transfer fee is paid over those 2 years rather than 1. It may work for FFP, but in reality not likely to happen lol.

book value isnt paid if we cut out wages.

Debit p&l expense

credit fixed asset

still recognise the amortised book value as an expense. Wages are separate

debit p&l salary account

credit cash

On an accounting basis, torres is costing Chelsea fc somewhere in the region of 15m per annum.

depressing post.

Edited by CFC_RFC_TID!

He's not going to want to leave because nobody can afford his massive wages and it looks like he's unwilling to take a paycut, but also, i can only think of one set of fans, Atletico Madrid, who would be happy to have him at their club. He knows if he goes anywhere except AM that the fans will be dead against. Nobody wants to go somewhere where they arent wanted. He's got it pretty cushty here, Chelsea fans have been very decent to him considering the performances he's put in

Being from Liverpool I know more than a few of their fans who would welcome him back. A lot are still very bitter, which means they miss him. You're not arsed to talk about someone and slag them off so much if you truly don't care.

Being from Liverpool I know more than a few of their fans who would welcome him back. A lot are still very bitter, which means they miss him. You're not arsed to talk about someone and slag them off so much if you truly don't care.

Are you joking? I don't think even the scousers are that delusional.

seriously though, that's not normal.... "hey fernando, just take a few days off and go to Ibiza, dont worry about things here, come back when you're ready".

Surely this is it?

PLEASE be it....

I agree that it seems very unusual.  It's not as though he's injured or anything is it?  Seems to me like something might be happening.

I would be like:

tumblr_n0wd72Ehfw1rkembbo1_500.gif

Edited by Stim

it is a pretty depressing situation. already loaded, sitting there as one of the world's former great strikers... only 30 years old and not getting a game time in favour of an extra £50k a week (assuming the likes of Milan would be prepared to go to £100k - £120k per week, they paid balotelli £160) - end of the career on the horizon.

pretty sh*t all round. praying to the almightly lord that he can agree terms with Milan and that Balagbollocks and dimarseio arent talking garbage like they so often do.

Edited by CFC_RFC_TID!

Apparently he was in training yesterday and the video was recorded a while back.

Hmm, why would you not post it straight away?  And the whole ice bucket challenge has really only taken off in the last week or so really.  Can't see it being recorded way back and not posted til now.  I think I may be over-analysing this!

Hmm, why would you not post it straight away?  And the whole ice bucket challenge has really only taken off in the last week or so really.  Can't see it being recorded way back and not posted til now.  I think I may be over-analysing this!

yeah i dont buy that pre-recorded thing. when was it recorded from?! the team has been back at training for weeks now - summer holidays are long gone.

there's something going on, just hope it results in torres leaving.