Ya Ya Toure - Ya Man

Zola

Seems like standard behaviour from a player who wants a new deal.

No way, surely you arent saying agents would be so sneaky as to mention other clubs to get a client a new contract? Not those lovable cheeky chappy agents.

:biggrin:

How I would love to see Yaya Toure running our midfield! IMO the best centre-mid in the Premiership, and probably the best box-to-box player in world football. However, we'd never sign him, and given that he's 29 already and would cost £40m+, I'd pass. I definitely want us to sign another dynamic centre-mid though, just not sure who it could realistically be.

He wouldn't even need a partner in the double pivot, but I doubt he'd go for less than an incredible sum. It seems to me, however, that most of his best performances for City have been in an advanced position?

He is a double pivot...

In the name of all that is good and Holy close this thread Imediately. As if we would sell the worlds most complete midfielder to a Title rival.There's more chance of you landing Messi on a Bosman.

Well, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi... but that's about all I can think of that come close.

Well, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi... but that's about all I can think of that come close.

busquets, xavi, pirlo, and Alonso are all better than toure imo, as well as schweinsteiger.

fantastic athlete toure but I think he falls behind these players technically, which is no shame.

I dont think we need him to be honest. He is better than both Mikel and Ramires, but they are building a very good midfield partnership at the moment, one I think will be outstanding if it progresses. He can be back up in case either gets injured though....... :wink:

busquets, xavi, pirlo, and Alonso are all better than toure imo, as well as schweinsteiger.

fantastic athlete toure but I think he falls behind these players technically, which is no shame.

Think you're selling his technical ability quite short there tbh. He certainly picked up more than a few tricks while he was at Barcelona, that's for sure. He's light years ahead of De Rossi and Schweinsteigher, technically, athletically and certainly mentally, and while I agree the other players are better than Toure in a deep lying role his best performances for both Barcelona and Man City came when he was plays as an aggressive, box to box central midfielder.

I think people look at him, see a strong, quick African midfielder and assume lots of athletic ability to make up for average technique. He was certainly not out of place at Barcelona and his passing game at City even has David Silva taking notes.

Think you're selling his technical ability quite short there tbh. He certainly picked up more than a few tricks while he was at Barcelona, that's for sure. He's light years ahead of De Rossi and Schweinsteigher, technically, athletically and certainly mentally, and while I agree the other players are better than Toure in a deep lying role his best performances for both Barcelona and Man City came when he was plays as an aggressive, box to box central midfielder.

I think people look at him, see a strong, quick African midfielder and assume lots of athletic ability to make up for average technique. He was certainly not out of place at Barcelona and his passing game at City even has David Silva taking notes.

How exactly is Yaya Toure "light years" ahead of Schweinsteiger technically, athletically and mentally? The only category where I'd give the advantage to Toure is athleticism. Schweinsteiger takes the other two. Technically, Toure is very good and probably underrated by a lot of people, but Schweinsteiger is one of the best passers in the world, has a fantastic shot from range and is very capable on set pieces. Mentally, both leave something to be desired as each are prone to suffer losses of composure. However, Schweinsteiger is more intelligent and tactical with his play. He's the engine for both Germany and Bayern and is so central to each team's fortunes. As good as Toure is, Schweinsteiger's simply better.

How exactly is Yaya Toure "light years" ahead of Schweinsteiger technically, athletically and mentally? The only category where I'd give the advantage to Toure is athleticism. Schweinsteiger takes the other two. Technically, Toure is very good and probably underrated by a lot of people, but Schweinsteiger is one of the best passers in the world, has a fantastic shot from range and is very capable on set pieces. Mentally, both leave something to be desired as each are prone to suffer losses of composure. However, Schweinsteiger is more intelligent and tactical with his play. He's the engine for both Germany and Bayern and is so central to each team's fortunes. As good as Toure is, Schweinsteiger's simply better.

Totally agree with this. Schweinsteiger is criminally underrated by the majority of people in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...