• Torres
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Bertrand
    • Lampard

She had a good game.

Mata, Ramires, Hazard & Moses also.

Not keen on Rafa subbing off our width every game. I've never been fond of laying full backs in attacking positions (even when we were doing it with Baba & Le Saux)

So Torres is a girl, but Benitez is "Rafa". Interesting.

Lets get this straight before you try & make something out of nothing. I'm no Rafa fan. 

However, he's come in & is taking a canning from the fans but is getting on with it. He's obviously told Torres to man up & work harder. Would Torres have stepped forward to grab the ball for the pen last season, or even before Rafa came in? No.

Torres could learn a thing or two from Rafa about taking stick, because he's got off very lightly, but still sulked, under performed & made inappropriate comments when it would have made sense to keep quiet. He's had preferential treatment & at the centre of losing RDM his job (in my opinion), so i'll call him what I want. 

As a side note, I wish Rafa would stop replacing midfielders with defenders.

Torres.

Moses had some good runs and showed some good skills.

Mata had a slightly off-game but others were there to pick up the slack.

Mata played well I thought put a couple on a plate for nando and hazard early doors and bagged the winner. I think Mata and hazard got kicked all over the park with little or no protection.

Torres star man. Unlucky not to bag the match ball. Its these sort of performances that he needs to produce on a fairly regular bases.

Lets get this straight before you try & make something out of nothing. I'm no Rafa fan. 

However, he's come in & is taking a canning from the fans but is getting on with it. He's obviously told Torres to man up & work harder. Would Torres have stepped forward to grab the ball for the pen last season, or even before Rafa came in? No.

Torres could learn a thing or two from Rafa about taking stick, because he's got off very lightly, but still sulked, under performed & made inappropriate comments when it would have made sense to keep quiet. He's had preferential treatment & at the centre of losing RDM his job (in my opinion), so i'll call him what I want. 

As a side note, I wish Rafa would stop replacing midfielders with defenders.

Yes, the great Rafa has turned it around so much. He's taking such a canning from the fans, but he has knuckled down and now has us playing his system which has improved our team fitness ruined by RDM. Torres could learn from such bravery. Bravo Rafa.

:rolleyes:

The situations are nothing alike. Torres came here with decent intentions but his ability and confidence were left years behind him. He is a player who just does not have the mental ability to cut it at the top anymore. His success has more to do with having the confidence of a seven year old (and scoring some tap ins against some hapless Danish team) than Benitez revolutionizing anything. Unless, of course, all those goals FSW gleefully reported he scored in training are the dawn of a new era.

Sorry, i need another one of these  :rolleyes:

Benitez is just a con man. He wanted a job, got one here because there was nobody else out there to replace RDM (no one who would be a "name", since the club are obsessed with past glories). He was telling us the fitness of the team was the problem before the 6-1 drubbing on Wed. Aka, it was someone elses fault we hadnt won in three games. Then he gets a big win and he is falling over himself taking credit for it. Visionary. He's here for a paycheck and nothing else.

But of course, Torres is to blame for RDM's demise (in your opinion) and Rafa is going to be our salvation thanks to his hard working spirit. Carry on.

:rolleyes:

Yes, the great Rafa has turned it around so much. He's taking such a canning from the fans, but he has knuckled down and now has us playing his system which has improved our team fitness ruined by RDM. Torres could learn from such bravery. Bravo Rafa.

The situations are nothing alike. Torres came here with decent intentions but his ability and confidence were left years behind him. He is a player who just does not have the mental ability to cut it at the top anymore. His success has more to do with having the confidence of a seven year old (and scoring some tap ins against some hapless Danish team) than Benitez revolutionizing anything. Unless, of course, all those goals FSW gleefully reported he scored in training are the dawn of a new era.

Sorry, i need another one of these  :rolleyes:

Benitez is just a con man. He wanted a job, got one here because there was nobody else out there to replace RDM (no one who would be a "name", since the club are obsessed with past glories). He was telling us the fitness of the team was the problem before the 6-1 drubbing on Wed. Aka, it was someone elses fault we hadnt won in three games. Then he gets a big win and he is falling over himself taking credit for it. Visionary. He's here for a paycheck and nothing else.

But of course, Torres is to blame for RDM's demise (in your opinion) and Rafa is going to be our salvation thanks to his hard working spirit. Carry on.

Your good at trying to make out like you know what other peoples opinions are. But, once again, i'm having to respond to the garbage your typing to defends my opinion. 

I agree with you to an extent on Rafa's intentions, but I think he's thought beyond the big pay cheque. He is using the club to get back on the big stage, because no one else wants him after his recent failures. He must know there is no way he is a long term solution for our club (thankfully), but realises that no other big jobs are coming his way, so if he does a decent job with us he might be back in line for his dream job at Real (although I think thats unrealistic), or any other position that might become available. 

In regards to Torres, you can see players have been told to keep him involved in the play & of course he's been told to knuckle down - why's it taken Benitez to come in to change this? 

If Torres had kept his work rate up & not gone missing in games, Di Matteo wouldn't have dropped him & might have kept his job. The way he played vs WBA he deserved dropping. I'm sure it wasn't the only factor in Robbies sacking, but it defiantly played a huge part. If you can't see that, then carry on trying to manipulate other peoples words into you own bullsh*t. 

Torres for me today.

Could it really be possible that the FSW is realling getting through to him ???

No. Don't assume anything, Torres has a habit of scoring then going on awful runs. He had a good game today but lets not get carried away until he goes on a proper run.

I went for Torres as well. I don't actually think that we did that well today. Torres, was probably the only player who exceeded expectations. Luiz and Cech were also good. Good to see Torres step up and take the penalty. I wouldn't have cared too much if he missed. Just a shame he didn't ever really show that sort of balls under any other manager (apart from the CL final, to be fair to him)

I thought Hazard had a poor game by his standards. Mata, Ramires, Oscar, Cahill were all not up to their usual standard IMO. 

Romeu looked quality during his short period on the pitch, although everyone was good in the first 20 minutes.

Archived