falcao or higuain stuff, but more importantly, a tenuous link to klopp!

g3.7
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9732342/Chelsea-step-up-pursuit-of-Radamel-Falcao-or-Gonzalo-Higuain-despite-Fernando-Torres-improvement.html

so more falcao and higuain rumours and like most people I rate both of them. falcao is better sure, but on the other hand higuain is younger and nearly won me a lot of money during the last world cup. and that is something we should all factor into consideration.

anyway, more excitingly is the first link to klopp. personally if and when it turns out roman doesn't want jose for ego related reasons, this is the guy who'd be my first choice. I think he's an amazing coach and if given the time he'd be perfect for the type of players we've been signing lately. he's welcome to bring hummels with him too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9732342/Chelsea-step-up-pursuit-of-Radamel-Falcao-or-Gonzalo-Higuain-despite-Fernando-Torres-improvement.html

so more falcao and higuain rumours and like most people I rate both of them. falcao is better sure, but on the other hand higuain is younger and nearly won me a lot of money during the last world cup. and that is something we should all factor into consideration.

anyway, more excitingly is the first link to klopp. personally if and when it turns out roman doesn't want jose for ego related reasons, this is the guy who'd be my first choice. I think he's an amazing coach and if given the time he'd be perfect for the type of players we've been signing lately. he's welcome to bring hummels with him too.

Saw this on twitter also that we had sent someone to Madrid. In terms of klopp I'm not 100 percent sold. I think he is a fantastic manager but would he be someone who would be patient with a player like David luiz?

I agree on Klopp, he'd be my 2nd choice to Jose in our next manager. No doubt Pep is a quality manager but hes unproven in an environment where the players aren't already there for him, or just without Messi in general.

Klopp built a great term and unearthed a lot of stars, plays smart tactically and his team can beat anyone in the world on their day.

I'd be very excited about him.

Klopp like pretty much the entire Borussia Dortmund team won't leave Dortmund (despite the English press seemingly intent on making everyone believe the contrary, such as Lewandowski already being sold to United, when its far from the truth)

Also, on the striker situation, I would rather have Huntelaar than Higuain and Falcao, he would come cheaper if we held out to the summer for when his contract expires, or sign him on a PCA in late December.

Klopp leaving Dortmund just isn't plausible, unfortunately.

Löw's name has always popped up, he seems the most likely German candidate.

I still say we should take a break from continental managers and look at someone who's been succeeding in the English game, but Davie Moyes will have to remain a mere personal fantasy, Roman would never go for him.

Hopefully PSG or City offer Pep more cash and that leaves Jose for us...

Please god.

Yes, but lets hope there is an downside to that. Pep goes to PSG, Joses goes to City and we're left, like a bunch of idiots with FSW. He's on an 18 month deal with a parting clause after 6 months remember. We could very well be left with him long term if Pep doesn't come and RA won't swallow his pride as regards to José. Id love Klopp here, but as far as I know he is admired like a god at Dortmund, and has a very young team, would he really leave there to come to us, where he may only have 6 months to prove himself? I doubt it..

Dortmund are an impressive side. More than impressive in fact. Tremendous. More than tremendous. Klopp has done a good job there. More than a good job. A great job. More than a great job. He won't come to Chelsea. He's not that stupid. He'd be far better than Pep but Roman has his heart set on Pep because he's incredibly stupid. More than incredibly. On the plus side, Pep would be preferable to Benitez. More than preferable.

Jose won't come. Klopp won't come. Moyes won't come. I doubt any of them would be offered the job anyway.

We have to pray for Pep. Unfortunately that's where we're at. Nobody delude themselves. Pray for Pep. Start praying and get into practice because come the summer the serious praying begins.

Higuain? Not good enough. Better than Torres, obviously. More than better. Far better. You can't mention him and Falcao in the same breath. If Mourinho lets Higuain go, ask yourself why, and if you can't find an answer, ask Davey Baby. He's good but he's not in Aguero's class. He's not in Van Persie's class. If Roman ever decides to replace Torres he'll be after something special, to make up for the disappointment. My guess is that he'll go after Grant Holt.

Guest RFC_CFC

FSW is on a 18 month deal? WTF!!!! I thought it was only till the end of the season!

He's leaving at the end of the season, we made that clear in the official statement when he was hired.

Anyone else think that Citeh will just buy Higuain and Falcao to stop anyone else having them? Then pay Pep to be manager and Klopp to be his assistant on £5m per week (everyone's soul has a price). Then Jose will replace Ferguson at Manure when he retires. Then Chelsea will be left with none of these shiny new toys!

FSW is on a 18 month deal? WTF!!!! I thought it was only till the end of the season!

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/11/22/3677876/rafael-benitez-details-contract

Yes, far as I know it's an 18 month deal but has a parting clause..

Anyone else think that Citeh will just buy Higuain and Falcao to stop anyone else having them? Then pay Pep to be manager and Klopp to be his assistant on £5m per week (everyone's soul has a price). Then Jose will replace Ferguson at Manure when he retires. Then Chelsea will be left with none of these shiny new toys!

You really do have an imagination don't you..

I can definitely see Klopp leaving Dortmund at some point in the (relatively) near future, but I sincerely doubt it'll be this summer and I sincerely doubt that Chelsea will be his destination. He's a great manager, but he's not won the Champions League, he doesn't have an extensive list of honors...essentially, his career is still in its formative stages. The man's no idiot, he doesn't want to end up at Tottenham for his next job. 

Somebody else mentioned Löw. No. Two reasons:

1) He's not a very good manager

2) His command of English doesn't even begin to approach conversational, he'd have to communicate via hand signals and/or grunts