Luis Suarez - Cheat

Myles_91

So Luis Suarez cheats again against European Giants Real Madrid to put Liverpool through to the Champions League Final No sorry, Luis Suarez cheats again against Blue Square Premier League side Mansfield to put Liverpool through to the 4th Round of the FA Cup against Oldham.

First of all I'll say I was one of few that defended Luis Suarez for actions in the 2010 World Cup, I thought the media vilification was way over the top, lets be honest if Rooney or Gerrard does that and puts England through to a World Cup Semi Final the English press are all sitting there hailing him as Christ's 2nd coming. I totally understood why he did it and in the same situation if most people are being honest they'd have done the same but week in week out we see Luis Suarez do things like this.

I'm against the Premier League and everything it stands for so in all honesty I don't mind Suarez doing it there so much, especially as you have refs bending over backwards to help the likes of Man U anyway, it's a free-for-all there as far as I'm concerned but today was the final straw for me. I love the FA Cup and what it stands/stood for. No ridiculous "seeding" to protect the bigger teams, anyone can play anyone, gives fans the opportunity to go to grounds they never would or never will ever get to go to and in case of the older fans an opportunity to take large numbers of fans to away games as was common in the old days. In an instant Luis Suarez robbed Mansfield of an opportunity to earn a mini fortune and take thousands of their fans to Anfield.

Despite Sky's propaganda machine to sell the Premier League off as the best in the world there's no way it is in my view. This is a league where the fans are ripped off so chairmen and broadcasters like Sky can fill their pockets. The creation of the Premier League was an ultimate betrayal of English football and its roots, but more to the point it's a league where players like Suarez have no respect for fellow professionals and are willing to cheat and con referees at any cost, compare that to the lower leagues where you have to carry someone off on a stretcher before they are coming off the pitch with an "injury". Even in the Bundesliga very rarely do players dive, the Germans have far more respect for fellow professionals and apart from Bayern (the team with lots of foreign players) scarcely do you see diving, they also charge around 15 euros for tickets (even less for kids) and have safe standing and terracing with local councils subsidising travel for away fans, as well as that all clubs are financially prudent and overturning profit which in some way goes back to the fans and into the club. That is a country with respect to its fans, people and more importantly itself.

I can honestly say that if Luis Suarez is ever able to get his hands on the FA Cup this year, I'll never watch an FA Cup game of any description so long as Liverpool are in it or whoever he plays for.

Not a lot to be proud of this season as a Chelsea fan but when Drogba continually dived our fans booed him, our fans (and players alike) let it known that wouldn't be stood for at this football club and it soon stopped, it goes against our tradition and values. Liverpool on the other hand have blindly defended Suarez to the point of delusion. We're branded a lot of things/lies by the British media I.e "racists", "classless", "thugs" but I can honestly say there are not many clubs with more morals and principles as we have shown re: Benitez and Drogba. I'm proud we at least have fans with morals and principles (generally speaking) unlike others.

Suarez handballs when he scores a goal to get Liverpool over the line against a conference teamlaugh1.gif 

Just goes to show how crap Liverpool is!

Anyway in regards to Suarez, I actually don't hate the guy, even though he's arrogant. I think he's a great striker and he's the reason why Liverpool still have a chance to be in the top 6 this season. If he played for Chelsea, I think he'd be awesome for us.

That's just ridiculous to not watch a competition because of one man who may or may not have intentionally handled it. There's no proof either way and yet you claim he robbed them? If anything it was the linesman and/or ref who robbed them.

And like I already said, it was accidental but once it happened he made sure it helped him score. Most strikers would have done the same in the circumstances, probably would have been celebrated as hard (although that was understandable too because they finally broke them down to score again after a long spell) but they will use the accident to their advantage. 

If one of the Mansfield players could of got away with it at the other end, they would have.

Well yes, mostly because they're massive underdogs playing in the BlueSQ league. To play against a club like Liverpool (or any PL team for that matter) would have been a dream come true for them, to be knocked out in such a fashion is absolutely heart breaking for them

this is such a non-event. To be honest i like how over-the-top the media is being about it, it makes the whole seem thing more farcical  The mansfield manager and players themselves said it was down to the officials and that it was accidental, so people should move on.

this is such a non-event. To be honest i like how over-the-top the media is being about it, it makes the whole seem thing more farcical  The mansfield manager and players themselves said it was down to the officials and that it was accidental, so people should move on.

In truth I think it would be more of a non-event if it wasn't Suarez. Or if Liverpool fans hadn't previously been so vociferous in his defence. But given that he's got so much previous it becomes increasingly difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's just ridiculous to not watch a competition because of one man who may or may not have intentionally handled it. There's no proof either way and yet you claim he robbed them? If anything it was the linesman and/or ref who robbed them.

And like I already said, it was accidental but once it happened he made sure it helped him score. Most strikers would have done the same in the circumstances, probably would have been celebrated as hard (although that was understandable too because they finally broke them down to score again after a long spell) but they will use the accident to their advantage. 

I detest this attitude in football now, it is everything that is wrong with the game. So blame the cheated not the cheat? Brilliant idea, lets just let players do anything then castigate the officials who have to spend the enitre game knowing nearly every player is out to con them. He knew what he was doing, this instinctive thing is bollocks. If a ball comes towards my arm/hand during a game my instinct is to move it out of the way, not pat the bloody ball down.

In truth I think it would be more of a non-event if it wasn't Suarez. Or if Liverpool fans hadn't previously been so vociferous in his defence. But given that he's got so much previous it becomes increasingly difficult to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is from another forum, something someone found on RAWK about the handball against Ghana, its funny.

Quote:

Quote from: Livbes on July 2, 2010, 10:17:05 PM

Suarez, hero or villain ?

Quote:
Quote:

f**k you suarez you dirty little buck toothed cheating slimey c*nt I hope that was your last game of the tournament.

Quote:
Quote:

f**k Uruguay

cheating c*nts

Quote:
Quote:

c*nt.

Quote:
Quote:

If FIFA had a f**k soul they'd ban Suarez for the rest of the tournament. Ghana were cheated of their deserved win because of that plum act.

Quote:
Quote:

villain

c*nts trick like neville did in the derby when lucas had "won" it

Quote:
Quote:

Dirty bar steward cheering on his way down the tunnel when the lad missed the pen

Quote:
Quote:

f**k cheating c*nt. Hope Holland f**k take them to the cleaners. Ghana were the better team. A young side can see them being a force in the next WC. Very impressed with their discipline.

Quote:
Quote:

Who said cheats* never prosper?

*Dirty f**k, spineless, cheats at that

This is from another forum, something someone found on RAWK about the handball against Ghana, its funny.

Quote:

Quote from: Livbes on July 2, 2010, 10:17:05 PM

Suarez, hero or villain ?

Quote:
Quote:

f**k you suarez you dirty little buck toothed cheating slimey c*nt I hope that was your last game of the tournament.

Quote:
Quote:

f**k Uruguay

cheating c*nts

Quote:
Quote:

c*nt.

Quote:
Quote:

If FIFA had a f**k soul they'd ban Suarez for the rest of the tournament. Ghana were cheated of their deserved win because of that plum act.

Quote:
Quote:

villain

c*nts trick like neville did in the derby when lucas had "won" it

Quote:
Quote:

Dirty bar steward cheering on his way down the tunnel when the lad missed the pen

Quote:
Quote:

f**k cheating c*nt. Hope Holland f**k take them to the cleaners. Ghana were the better team. A young side can see them being a force in the next WC. Very impressed with their discipline.

Quote:
Quote:

Who said cheats* never prosper?

*Dirty f**k, spineless, cheats at that

There's blind loyalty, there's self-delusion... and then there's RAWK.

definitely, players shouldn't be judged on their past form though although people are only human so i suppose it's to be expected. it seems like people are going way over the top here though, papers calling it despicable  topics being made on forums with people stating that they'l stop watching the fa cup, i mean its a bit ridiculous isnt it? fair enough with the racism thing cause suarez was incredibly out of order there, this is just absurd.

i also think people wouldnt be as arsed with any of this if he wasnt such a good player, that goes as much for the liverpool fans defending him as much as it does for other fans hating him. people dont go on about joey barton or diouf this much cause, well, theyre a bit too sh*te for anyone to care about

I detest this attitude in football now, it is everything that is wrong with the game. So blame the cheated not the cheat? Brilliant idea, lets just let players do anything then castigate the officials who have to spend the enitre game knowing nearly every player is out to con them. He knew what he was doing, this instinctive thing is bollocks. If a ball comes towards my arm/hand during a game my instinct is to move it out of the way, not pat the bloody ball down.

What are you on about? It's always been the linesman/refs job to spot the cons, it's nothing new. It's a given that players under the heat of the moment will do just about anything to get a win for their team, especially competitive players like Suarez who always wants to win. It's the refs job to limit that to the best of their abilities. I am not blaming the cheated nor am I blaming the cheat, I was merely going off the logic the OP used. 

His reputation is getting the best of him here. When he hits the shot he's so close to the keeper that it rebounds onto his arm, which is already lifed, and he instinctively hits it. He didn't pat the ball down, you can see just towards the end of the motion that his hand was moving backwards. If he had pat the ball down, his hand at the end of the motion would have been moving forward. Pretty basic stuff. You could tell as soon as he scores the goal he knows that he accidentally handled it, it's not like he runs off and celebrates like a mad man. It was the ref who gave it and for that it's him who should take the blame (Again, going off the OP's and most people's logic).

Honestly, if you can sit there and say you would be able to move your hand at that speed then my response is that you shouldn't be playing football, you should be playing tennis cause with your superhuman reflexes you'll be No 1 in no time.

Where did I say I can pat it forward, what I said was my instinct (and in my opinion most other peoples) would be to move my arm away from the ball, in this case backwards. He patted it forwards, so he's either instinctively a cheat or knew what he was doing.

He's a filthy cheat and a scumbag.

The incident during the match against Ghana says it all. Yeah, fair enough, the ref didn't see the handball against Mansfield but it doesn't change the fact that he did it and knew what he was doing.

What are you on about? It's always been the linesman/refs job to spot the cons, it's nothing new. It's a given that players under the heat of the moment will do just about anything to get a win for their team, especially competitive players like Suarez who always wants to win. It's the refs job to limit that to the best of their abilities. I am not blaming the cheated nor am I blaming the cheat, I was merely going off the logic the OP used. 

His reputation is getting the best of him here. When he hits the shot he's so close to the keeper that it rebounds onto his arm, which is already lifed, and he instinctively hits it. He didn't pat the ball down, you can see just towards the end of the motion that his hand was moving backwards. If he had pat the ball down, his hand at the end of the motion would have been moving forward. Pretty basic stuff. You could tell as soon as he scores the goal he knows that he accidentally handled it, it's not like he runs off and celebrates like a mad man. It was the ref who gave it and for that it's him who should take the blame (Again, going off the OP's and most people's logic).

Honestly, if you can sit there and say you would be able to move your hand at that speed then my response is that you shouldn't be playing football, you should be playing tennis cause with your superhuman reflexes you'll be No 1 in no time.

All well blaming refs and officials but if people like Suarez won't adhere to the rules of the game then their job becomes twice as hard. Dive in the box 10 times and a referee is bound to get it wrong once, it's a damning indictment of everything that is wrong with football these days. Gone are the days when players had respect for officials, referees, fellow professionals and most importantly.... themselves. The fact that Suarez even says he doesn't mind being called a cheat sums him up as a footballer and a person. Can you imagine REAL MEN like Chopper Harris, Ossie, Nobby Stiles, Bobby Moore every wanted to carry that tag? No, because fundamentally they have pride in themselves and the clubs they played for.

All well blaming refs and officials but if people like Suarez won't adhere to the rules of the game then their job becomes twice as hard. Dive in the box 10 times and a referee is bound to get it wrong once, it's a damning indictment of everything that is wrong with football these days. Gone are the days when players had respect for officials, referees, fellow professionals and most importantly.... themselves. The fact that Suarez even says he doesn't mind being called a cheat sums him up as a footballer and a person. Can you imagine REAL MEN like Chopper Harris, Ossie, Nobby Stiles, Bobby Moore every wanted to carry that tag? No, because fundamentally they have pride in themselves and the clubs they played for.

Even if it is making their jobs twice as hard, it is still that; their job. Probably why the case for replays and touchline technology has been mentioned recently but until then the officials should do their best to limit this kind of thing happening. Does it make it okay for players to cheat? No. Will players always look to gain an advantage? Of course, such as the case in any competitive sport. In this case, I'm having a hard time trying to understand how the linesman missed it. Even if the linesman missed it the ref should have noticed by Suarez body language (Took the shot in a "f**k this manner", like you do when you get caught offside), lack of celebration to start with and everyone appealing.

I can't speak for those players because I wasn't around to see them but it's naive to think that players didn't cheat or bend the rules to their advantage back then. Of course no one wants to be known as a cheat and I would wager that Suarez is the same, just because he doesn't let it affect him doesn't mean he's embraced it.  You can't judge a player based on that. I don't know the guy personally, obviously, but outside of football he is generally seen as a very nice guy.

Archived