RA hates us

Blue Tony

I have a theory, RA hates Chelsea fans. It probably dates from the CPO vote that he tried so hard to fix and stopped his plans to move grounds. Poking a billionaire in the eye has consequences.

He had to know that FSW would be the most unpopular manager. He knew what he had said about us in the past, his appointment was a poke back.

Hmmm, who is a club legend? A fan favourite? I'll show them, I won't re-sign SuperFrank, Ha! That should piss 'em off!

Alright, I know it sounds paranoid, and it is a bit tongue-in-cheek, a bit of a laugh, but the more I think about it the more possible it sounds, or maybe it's this bottle of Scotch I'm working on........... ;)

I have a theory, RA hates Chelsea fans. It probably dates from the CPO vote that he tried so hard to fix and stopped his plans to move grounds. Poking a billionaire in the eye has consequences.

He had to know that FSW would be the most unpopular manager. He knew what he had said about us in the past, his appointment was a poke back.

Hmmm, who is a club legend? A fan favourite? I'll show them, I won't re-sign SuperFrank, Ha! That should piss 'em off!

Alright, I know it sounds paranoid, and it is a bit tongue-in-cheek, a bit of a laugh, but the more I think about it the more possible it sounds, or maybe it's this bottle of Scotch I'm working on........... ;)

Certainly a plausible explanation - keep working on the Scotch - clarity will come eventually!

I don't think he hates our club, but at the same time he's ruining it without actually realising I believe.

Appointing Rafa was going to be a nightmare waiting to happen. He's universally disliked by Chelsea supporters, and it doesn't help that he's willing to let Lampard and Cole leave just like that. 

I sometimes think he treats our club like a business, more than a football club. 

I would agree with you, as pretty much every board action since the start of the season has been an FU you the fans - but I still don't really see how the CPO vote really affected the bid for Battersea.  Roman still bid for it, regardless of the CPO vote (if the bid had been approved, then the CPO would almost definitelyhave given the okay for it).

I think, as Jezz said, it is more likely fans are scratching their heads at business decisions.

It's just afters for the AVB adventure. Roman hand picked him and lays his failure on certain players and RDM as these same players performed for him not AVB

Roman don't care about us or the club, ulimately it's just one more of many businesses he has, some make money some like CFC lose money.

He sacked Jose, Butch then Carlo with no regard for the long term, up until now luck was on his side and ironically the senior players he has now turned against

won him more trophies

I think it's great the CPO turned him down, imagine if he got the pitch decided he'd had enough then he could potentially sell SB to developers no more Chelsea FC

he's the kind of bloke who would do that just to get back at us.

He should sell up and bugger off sooner rather than later

It's just afters for the AVB adventure. Roman hand picked him and lays his failure on certain players and RDM as these same players performed for him not AVB

Roman don't care about us or the club, ulimately it's just one more of many businesses he has, some make money some like CFC lose money.

He sacked Jose, Butch then Carlo with no regard for the long term, up until now luck was on his side and ironically the senior players he has now turned against

won him more trophies

I think it's great the CPO turned him down, imagine if he got the pitch decided he'd had enough then he could potentially sell SB to developers no more Chelsea FC

he's the kind of bloke who would do that just to get back at us.

He should sell up and bugger off sooner rather than later

What a load of bollocks. He does a hell of a lot of jumping around at games for someone who doesnt care, he has spent a hell of a lot of time and money on something he doesn't care about. Wanting him to sell up if just stupid, hes been mostly fantastic as an owner, and certainly a hell of a lot better than the majority of owners at other clubs. You should be careful what you wish for.

What a load of nonsense some people spout. Does he hate us? FFS, we are not children - some people need to get a grip.

People need to step back and see the bigger picture. The good Roman has done for the club, the state of the art training ground he built, the signings he has financed, the trophies his investments have won us, the fact he likely saved the club from very hard financial times when he took over.....

I admit he has made some poor business decisions, and i dont necisarrily agree with his business model....but to resort to playground whinging is ridiculous and knee jerk.

There were not too many dissenting voices when we lifted the European cup in may were there? Get a grip people! - look at the bigger picture.

Too right Xfactor. I'm sorry to be blunt but many, many fans who use the "like a business" cliche are trying to adopt the sanctimonious "against modern football" approach. Let's leave that to bitter Scousers and Italian ultras. 

Abramovich is a great owner. I cannot stand Benitez but that won't change my opinion of Abramovich- he has made a mistake, a sheer, colossal error of judgement, yes, but in comparison to many around the world, how lucky, lucky we are.

I mean the other option Bates had to sell to was Bernie Eccelstone, and he admitted straight up that things would have been very, very different.

Basically without RA we are f**ked, his best interests are for CFC, even if that means all managers are interim, keeps them kean, breaking up the 'old Guard', its going to happen, just we are not used to saying good bye to our superstars, what was the furore like when Keano left manure?, we move on, and say thanks, but the bigger thanks is to Roman, that keeps is furnished with some truly fabulous players.... Well done

I don't think he hates our club, but at the same time he's ruining it without actually realising I believe.

Appointing Rafa was going to be a nightmare waiting to happen. He's universally disliked by Chelsea supporters, and it doesn't help that he's willing to let Lampard and Cole leave just like that. 

I sometimes think he treats our club like a business, more than a football club. 

Worst run business....ever

A business wouldn't flush 50,000,000 down the drain on a has been, and then keep paying him nearly 200,000 a week in the hope he'll eventually come good.

Worst run business....ever

A business wouldn't flush 50,000,000 down the drain on a has been, and then keep paying him nearly 200,000 a week in the hope he'll eventually come good.

Everyone appeared to be happy at the time of signing tho or did you have clairvoyance enough to know completely washed up.

The way I see it

He is rich beyond any of our imagination.. he is that rich he probably has issue spending all his dosh.. since (reportedly) pumping a billion in to the club and 10 years later he has reportedly increased that multi billion fortune.. so owning Chelsea has not made him less rich.

So it is a game to him, I don’t think he hates the supporters he is just got his own opinions on things.... It is like Monopoly to him, he wants Park Lane and Mayfair with a hotel on each, and he wants all the other teams to land on those squares all the time, but you can’t always have it because it is a game of luck and chance...so he has to put up with Piccadilly with three houses. Luckily, on occasion, the other teams land on Piccadilly  and the club look great. However he is not sure if that tactic is working long term. So he sells Piccadilly and buys a load of railway stations, okay the fans might not like it, they want him to go for the green squares because they have bought them success in the past, everyone lands on them don’t they! he thinks "but if the opposition start landing on the stations he bought then I will be back in favour again",  "a few more goes round the board and the little doggy will sell me Mayfair and we will be up and running". Then .. "I  tell you what them reds are doing okay.. I will buy The Strand, that might bring me a bit of success to tied me over"............etc etc etc

getting ridiculous now, we have possibly the greatest owner in the world.

if there was a vote by every other club whether they would swap there owner for roman, id say all bar maybe man city, real and barca would say yes.

People make mistakes, romans made quite a few, but just like I can forgive ivanovic for last night, I forgive roman because the good times have by far outwayed the bad since 2003.

nearly 10 years of the roman empire, and im hoping for another 10, personally think you would have to be crazy to want otherwise.

Guest RFC_CFC

Aye I hate Celt*c and Man Ure so I'll just invest millions upon millions in them while winning all there is to win....

Idiot.

Roman has done nothing but good for our club, I admit some of the recent goings on have been a bit strange but to say you want him to leave is madness.

NOTHING but good?  You think appointing Benitez was a good move?  :face_palm:

getting ridiculous now, we have possibly the greatest owner in the world.

if there was a vote by every other club whether they would swap there owner for roman, id say all bar maybe man city, real and barca would say yes.

I very much doubt that.

Guest RFC_CFC
Roman has done nothing but good for our club, I admit some of the recent goings on have been a bit strange but to say you want him to leave is madness.

I don't know about that.

His heart is in the right place but he has to learn that we the fans matter and hiring someone like Benitez is not going to be accepted.

I thank the man for his investment and passion he has shown while at Chelsea but he is not without his faults and I hope he is brave enough to sort his mistakes starting with a new manager and moving on his big money failures.

I'll never hound the man out but I will ask questions when required.

Archived