What will happen to Essien?

enigma

There comes a day in every bison's life, where they must take the long, lonely wander in to the Savannah, never to return.

RIP 'The Bison', I'm afraid. I'll always remember him for the great player he WAS, and am glad that he chose to do his decline on somebody else's doorstep.

I think he is playing quite well in Madrid. I just think that Chelsea want him off the books now. Probably another high earner that they are trying to move on.

I will always remember his goal against Barca. One of the very best i have seen from a Chelsea player.

Im sure he can still do a job and will probably go to a team like Juve or one or the Milan teams.

I think he is playing quite well in Madrid. I just think that Chelsea want him off the books now. Probably another high earner that they are trying to move on.

I will always remember his goal against Barca. One of the very best i have seen from a Chelsea player.

Im sure he can still do a job and will probably go to a team like Juve or one or the Milan teams.

I can't see him going to Serie A, every team is in such a poor financial state that they are trying to offload all high earners really

Essien is damaged goods and over the hill.

I don't see a place for him in the team now or in the future.

This is the sad reality. Such a shame given how imperious he was in midfield only 3/4 years ago. Unfortunately the knee injuries sapped him of his strength and power, his key attributes.

Think his time at the bridge is up, he was the best dm in the world at his peak an has been a loyal servant. He is getting a lot of game time at Madrid and I hope the best for him in the future 

Essien was a versatile footballer who helped out in attack and defence.

He was a Box to Box midfielder who was sometimes used as a DM.

Guest RFC_CFC
One of the best mid fielders in the world a few years ago extremely unlucky with his injuries and still one of my favorite players. Wish him all the luck wherever he goes. <3 The Bison. Your goal against Arsenal was probably the greatest goal I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTKPdeWAeI8

Also this:

What a f**king lad

Cheeky bar steward lol!

I miss Andy Gray actually!

His goals against Arsenal and Barca, once in a lifetime goals and they both came in absolutely massive games at massive moments.

Not many other people in the world could have pulled those off, it's really quite sad how his career has gone down the drain.

Essien is one of the best players I've ever seen at Chelsea. He's a gun player because he knows how to perform in big games. His goals against Arsenal and Barcelona will brilliant and absolute top-class.

Unfortunately his downfall has been a result of persistent injuries, especially knee injuries. After sustaining any kind of knee injury where a reconstruction is required, it's very hard to return to your best in any sport. Football is no different.

'He was the driving force behind the counterattack that enabled Benzema to open the scoring. However, defensively he was less than impressive and played the Valencia forwards onside numerous times.'

Didn't watch it, but sounds like he's still some way off his best...

Archived