Middlesbrough v Chelsea (FA Cup) 27/02/2013 KO 19:45 GMT

Andreas

After that shocking performance against City we play M'boro in the FA Cup.

Don't know what to expect considering how we have been playing since the FSW took over but we really need to change the 1 striker up front bullsh*t, it simply doesnt work.

I'd go with a 4-2-2-2

----------------Cech

Azpi----Cahill--------Terry------Cole

--------Lampard----Mikel

Mata-------------------------Hazard

---------Ba-----------Torres

No chance in hell we'll ever see that but if I had to set up the team for the game that would be it, just try something different and see if it works in a game where we could afford to experiment a bit.

If we advance we have Man Utd waiting for us.

M'Boro have had a shocking run of form and have dropped from 2nd to 7th in the Championship.

I presume that Josh won't be allowed to play which should also help us.

A Wednesday night pop north is never easy and our record against M'boro isn't that great recently, but we should be good enough to win.

Of course, these days, you just never know.

Team i'd go for

---------Cech

Azpi - JT - Cahill - Bertrand

-----Ramires - Luiz

--Marin - Oscar - Hazard

--------------Ba

Frank clearly needs a rest, Mikel shouldn't be allowed near the first team for quite a while, Ramires only there because it gives an excuse to rest him for Lamps on the weekend.

May as well give Mata a rest too and let Oscar show off what he can do in the #10 role again, he's put in some great performances lately.

Play a weaken side and let them have their glory, we don't need further embarrassment from another Manchester club, one game a week is bad enough.   Anyway we need to fight for 6th,5th ...sorry 4th not a piece of silverware that we have no hope of keeping based on what we have seen since the fat twat has been in charge.....And dump the Europa League also while we're at it.....less excuses for the fat twat to use when we get beat in the league again.

Make wholesale changes and give everyone a rest.it has to be done. New players should be eager to impress and have the quality to beat a boro side in terrible form and generally a bad team anyway. id play ferraira and bertrand full backs.Play benayoun moses and marin behind torres.Its unthinkable we dont get a win against west brom that game is crucual now

A change of formation and personnel is due. We have 2 misfiring strikers, may as well throw both of them in for a shootout in 442. Marin and Moses on the wing, Luiz and Oscar in the middle. Win this would be a good little confidence booster, lost this and we are reserving our best for the weekend. for f* sake that sounded like 1 from the Rafa excuse books. In any case, the last thing we want is another replay. It's either a 4:1 or 0:1 lost.

Mata needs to sit this one out because the form he showed in the first 3 or 4 games of the season may well comeback. Marin and moses on the wings and torres and ba up top. Luiz and another in centre mid would be the way I'd go.

We all know what we are going to see though and that is torres up top on his own, a tired mata and the same rigid formation.

It's not a replay and ESPN and ITV have already used up their allotted picks for the 5th Round. If we draw on Wednesday and it goes to a replay it'll most probably be shown on ESPN as ITV are showing the Everton v Oldham replay tomorrow night.

It works something like...

ITV get 2 picks per round and ESPN get 3.

They then get 1 replay pick each if there are any.

The Brentford replay was only on ITV as it was the only choice. ESPN had already shown the only other 4th round replay (Leicester v Huddersfield)

EDIT: Where are your 'RAFA OUT' Avatars?  :Connie_threaten:  :biggrin:

It's not a replay and ESPN and ITV have already used up their allotted picks for the 5th Round. If we draw on Wednesday and it goes to a replay it'll most probably be shown on ESPN as ITV are showing the Everton v Oldham replay tomorrow night.

It works something like...

ITV get 2 picks per round and ESPN get 3.

They then get 1 replay pick each if there are any.

The Brentford replay was only on ITV as it was the only choice. ESPN had already shown the only other 4th round replay (Leicester v Huddersfield)

EDIT: Where are your 'RAFA OUT' Avatars?  :Connie_threaten:  :biggrin:

I remember only a few years ago when the BBC had the F.A cup and they would sometimes show 4 games, 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. It seems like the more football that ITV get the less we get to see. ITV used to show 2 Champions League matches now it's just 1. It's getting less and less each year. It's bloody ridiculous how little football is free to watch in this country these days.

Is anyone else thinking that the best option would be to throw this game?

On current form, I cannot see us defeating Man U at Old Trafford at all. I'd rather lose this one and save the players another 90 minutes of torture. I approach all Chelsea games in the same fashion now, with a bottle of Jack Daniels in hand.

Archived