Nathan Ake interview.

Gatekeeper

I get the vibe Nathan is a tad upset that he isn't on tour with the first team squad and is back with the under 21s...understandable if he's a bit disappointed after the highs of last season...hope Jose does the right thing by him

I get the vibe Nathan is a tad upset that he isn't on tour with the first team squad and is back with the under 21s...understandable if he's a bit disappointed after the highs of last season...hope Jose does the right thing by him

Understandable after being involved with the first team last season but the club probably feel that van Ginkel needs the game time over him and it would appear from his quotes Jose rates Chalobah extremely highly.

Better for the club to be honest with Ake about his first team prospects this season I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent news, and very well done to the lad.  He'll need to accept that game time will be very limited this season and probably next as well, maybe a loan could be on the cards, though I don't think that's the right thing for all of our youth prospects.

I think Piazon is more likely of those to go there. Josh is a championship player, saying that he was suppose to be going to spain for a year. That could do him some good. The other two i would like to see get a loan to a premier league team but only if they will play. It would be pointless loaning them to sit on the bench.

Generally not a fan of 18 and unders going out on loan so I'm pretty happy with this. I expect him to get a few games too.

Yeah, I keep forgetting how young he is. Hope we get a couple of minnows in the cups, will definitely get some minutes there.

Archived