Big changes needed at Chelsea!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

The current 4-2-3-1 formation is not working and needs a change. The forwards are clearly not working and as a result the 3 players sitting behind them are being relied on to get the ball in the back of the net rather than controlling the middle of the park and feeding the striker to score goals. The holding midfield position is an issue, Essien is not good enough any more, Mikel would work well as a back up but not first team and Lampard and Ramires aren't defensive enough for this position. The massive holes in the defensive midfield area are putting added pressure on the CB's causing a catalogue of errors and far too many conceded goals. For instance our 4-3 loss to Stoke and 2-1 to Sunderland, and to be totally honest we should be keeping a clean sheet against teams like Crystal Palace. If we want to keep up with the ruthless form of Man City, Liverpool etc. big changes need to happen. Granted  the following can't all happen over the January transfer window but by next season with the right decisions Chelsea can become the unstoppable force they were in the earlier Mourinho era. What i hope he does is scraps the 4-2-3-1 and changes back to the 4-4-2 diamond. First up Courtois will need to come back and become our new number 1, Schwarzer can go and Cech becomes the new number 2. In defense, Luiz doesn't fit in and his 30M valuation would definitely come in handy, so let him go and buy the up and coming Zouma. At left back Cole needs to become the number 2, but Bertrand is not good enough to be number 1 so I say Bertrand out, Shaw in from Southampton. In Defensive Midfield, Essien and Mikel out and invest in Matic, he's world class and can become the new Makalele. Van Ginkel will make a good back up for that position when he is fit again. The wings can be filled with Hazard, Mata, Willian, and Schurrle, whilst Ramires, Lampard and Oscar take care of that spot behind the 2 forwards, De Bruyne will be sold. The bulk of these guys jobs will be feeding the forwards, but as the bulk of the goals will be coming from the 2 forwards, these guys will be able to track back and help out more defensively and also control the ball a lot better in the middle of the park. As for the boys up front, Ba & Eto'o out. Bring Lukaku back (obviously) and buy a striker like Jackson Martinez, preferably Martinez because he is lethal, an all round machine. They're your main 2 front men, i think with that competition and being part of a duo up front might spur Torres on to turn a corner, so he'll make a good back up. Bertrand Traore from the youth team would definitely be worth bringing in for the odd game, he showed huge promise on the Asia tour.

With the amount of unnecessary players out, there will be quite a decent return leading to only a relatively small investment to make this happen. 

Well there you have it, that is where i hope Chelsea are for the beginning of the next season. I'll be interested to see what other fans think is the way to go, opposed or agreed to what i think.

He can't go on forever, this should be his last season, but I don't think Lamps is up to the defensive task anymore. I'm not trolling

Haha sorry for that mate,

I just can't imagine chelsea without lampard it will be a sad day when he hangs up his boots :(

I agree he probably should go at the end of the season and end his career on a high rather than spend his last few years on the bench

I don't think we need big changes, we have two major needs.  Firstly a striker who can fit in with our system of play.  Rooney would be ideal if he really wants to leave ManUre.  Secondly, we need a dymanic defensive midfielder, an Essien in his prime or a Yaya Toure type player, or a combination of players that can make the " double pivot" in front of the defence really work.  I hear Romeu is doing well on loan, so could a Romeu - Van Ginkel partnership work next year?

Lamps is a ledgend, but I have thought for a while he slows things down in midfield too much, Mikel is a dilema, great for Nigeria, hit-and-miss for us.  If we play 4-2-3-1 then much as I rate Ramires I'm not sure how he fits in unfortunately..

I really don't think we need big changes.

Your right, it just needs tweaking.

I also don't agree that Matic is world class, he's decent but that is all, and i certainly don't think he is the new Makelele.

I would love to see us ditch the 4-2-3-1 formation though, that has been such a pain in the ass formation to watch in the past couple seasons. I hate it.

IMO  

- Buying Willian

- Limiting Mata

- Sending Lukaku on Loan 

was not the right things to do.

Asking your attacking/creative midfielders to chase ball from back isn't either working out well. Should try Oscar with Ramires in holding midfield. with mata/hazard/schurlee in attacking midfield position. 

Mourinho is spot on that we are unable to "kill" the opponents thus conceding goals late in the game happening. Although some blunders should rectify.

Our Squad is not that bad. Its just tactics are not working out well for Mourinho. He even dont know his best 11 yet unfortunately. But hopefully Mourinho will turn this around.

we can all see we  could do with a striker but is this the main problem ? i dont think so , after all we have three strikers is it really possible that they all turn crap all at once ? answer NO , we do not have anyone feeding them from midfield with quick desisive balls (waits for comments ) ok so we have hassard, oscar , mata  but none of these are playing behind a striker ,they are left or right  , i would like to see a change in shape with 1 4 3 3 my prefered option

Cech

ivanovich  cahill terry  cole

three midfielders , luis , left side, oscar  centre ,  remires right side 

forwards  Hassard , Ba , Mata

this would allow great play and speed from midfield 

THE boss will sort it i have no fears  all will shine in the end

Your right, it just needs tweaking.

I also don't agree that Matic is world class, he's decent but that is all, and i certainly don't think he is the new Makelele.

I would love to see us ditch the 4-2-3-1 formation though, that has been such a pain in the ass formation to watch in the past couple seasons. I hate it.

I wouldn't mind Matic here though for the right price, i like Guarin but id take Matic over him.

New Striker: Rooney, Lewandowski or Costa

New CM: Pogba, Khedira or Gundogan

New LB: Coentrao

New RB: Piszczeck

Sell or Release: A.Cole, Torres, Eto, Ba, Essien, Lampard

Bring back Lukaku

Not Khedira, i think he is massively overrated. Coentrao can get forward but he is not someone who can defend well, Shaw is the only player we should be looking at in that position. Keep Cole another year, he isn't useless, he's just a bit out of form right now. I would keep Lampard as well, keeping Lampard around is never a bad thing.

I have heard a lot of people mention Diego Costa but with the way we have been with Striker these days i think he is a bit of a risk. This is his first ever season where he has been prolific, every other season of his career he has been poor.

Why do we need another RB? 

New striker: Well I don't mind at all if we're just using Lukaku but if he doesn't wanna return then Rooney or Falcao 

New LB: Shaw 

New CM: Pogba/Gundogan if we are not able to spend that much then just go for the cheaper option of Guarin/Cabaye

New DM: Witsel, Bender