Roman's girlfriend in big trouble.

Huttsey

Not sure if should be in the Chelsea section but Roman's girlfriend has been snapped in a photo that could potentially be seen as racist. The photo itself, if you wish to view it, is in the link below:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/abramovich-partner-sparks-outrage-incredibly-racist-picture-112342550.html

Although she's not affiliated to Chelsea in any way, the club could get some serious problems because of this.

I don't know how anyone can claim that it is potentially racist. It is blatantly racist and all together distasteful. Pundits and fans of other teams will have a field day with it but the club should be okay as she doesn't really have an affiliation with the team. I think they need to get ahead of this though and issue an apology and an explanation for what they were thinking.

I don't find this racist in the slightest, just a very strange taste in art. This chair is just a re-hash of a white woman chair. If she had sat on that one, it would have been deemed racist because she chose not to sit on the black one.

Racism towards black people still exists, but people getting over offended by stories like this, seriously undermine the agenda in my opinion.

I am a guardian reader, but racism will only cease to exist when the Guardian stops posting such idiotic stories like this one.

its only racist if you want it to be. do you see a mannequin of a woman or a mannequin of a black women under her? so if it was a white mannequin would it not be a problem?

why is it not sexist it is after all a female mannequin and not a man ;-)

Oh, so it's Ok to have a white women chair though, no barrage of complaints on the internet for that one ??

f**king hypocrisy .

I know. But the climate in the world at the moment means you just don't publish photo's like this. Touchy subject still.

its only racist if you want it to be. do you see a mannequin of a woman or a mannequin of a black women under her? so if it was a white mannequin would it not be a problem?

I see a horrible piece of art and proof that money doesn't buy class. The gender and race of the mannequin is irrelevant for me.

Like you said, only racist if you want to be.

I agree with this. Its taken how you want to take it. As is quoted above, if it was a woman of colour sitting on a white woman would that be racist? If a woman is being piggy backed by a man does that make it sexist? If a person rides a horse does that make it cruel to animals?

I think some people read far too much into things now days.

You have to wonder how many people would call this 'racist' if it was a black woman sat on a white mannequin.

It was a foolish thing todo as it can easily be misconstrued as white power, black slavery etc. But it is really sad and frustrating that we now live in a bubble-wrapped world where harmless pieces of art like this can be so easily taken out of context.

All irrelevant. You just don't publish those kind of photos. The world is hypocrite and you can't change that. Even if Roman was loved around the world this would be seen as negative. He is probably up there with most hated people in britain among football fans anyway...

I am sure that there was no racist intent meant, I think that it was blown out of proportion, if people are so petty to have to scour the world to have a go at someone simply because they want to fill their pages I certainly wont be buying that paper...... 

Oh dear. Well, if not outright racist it's definitely in very poor taste and you know the media will find a way to use this to show us in a bad light (though it really shouldn't). Irregardless it was a stupid idea to begin with and on Martin Luther King Day too?

That's an american holiday.

Also any linking to chelsea is blatant bias against us so would be remarkably silly for them to try it. Best they can do is say girlfriend of roman owner of chelsea and that's the only thin link there is of which only a freaking dumbass would think its Chelseas problem.

Archived