• Mikel
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Lampard (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Ba (sub)

Hard to vote Hazard as yes he got into the box a lot but West Ham let him as most of their players were already in there - ie that was the plan.

Oscar for me simply for almost scoring and did a good job switching roles to try and confuse them, everyone else needs to pull their socks up

I thought Eto'o had a decent game, got into some good positions, linked up well and showed he still has quick feet, the shot that Oscar hit straight at him that he turned on was Eto'o of old and deserved a goal.

Hazard was good as was Oscar but I think Eto'o shaded it for his willingness to get into the right positions in an absurdly crowded area.

Hard to pick a MOTM in a 0-0 but it probably has to be Hazard again for me.

Can't believe Just & Chippy voting for Eto'o. Admitedly the stream I had wasn't brilliant but from what I saw he was average at best. Sure he had one or two moments but you would expect that against a team like West Ham FFS. Ultimately he failed to score again and IMO never looked that dangerous - pretty much a repeat of what happened against Stoke. It's gutting when you look at the three strikers City have and even their worst option is better than we currently have.

Can't believe Just & Chippy voting for Eto'o. Admitedly the stream I had wasn't brilliant but from what I saw he was average at best. Sure he had one or two moments but you would expect that against a team like West Ham FFS. Ultimately he failed to score again and IMO never looked that dangerous - pretty much a repeat of what happened against Stoke. It's gutting when you look at the three strikers City have and even their worst option is better than we currently have.

We all see things differently Nibs although I too am gutted looking at Citys strikers, I can't fault Eto'o on last nights game and think he was the only one until Lampard came on that looked to run into the right spaces, those spaces being blocked by half a dozen defenders made it difficult for him to get on the end of the few dangerous crosses but he was on the right wavelength to know where to be.

Hazard and Oscar were a handful but beating a couple of players and then kicking the ball into yet another gaggle of defenders legs wasn't the way in last night, a good ball to someone running into space (if there had have been any) looked the only way to me and I felt Eto'o was trying to do that while managing to keep hold of the ball and lay it off without giving possession away while he was at it.

There was no stand out man of the match for me but I thought Eto'o was just about the pick.

Everyone sees it differently Nibs and IMHO there was no real stand out last night. However, I voted Eto'o for all the reasons Chippy stated. Also whenever I see him play, regardless of whether he actually gets the ball or not, he is more often than not in the area where a centre-forward needs to be. In and around the oppo's penalty box. Not faffing around out wide or next too our central midfield players.

I am fairly certain if our Spanish no: 9 had played like Eto'o did last night it would have won him at least half-a-dozen MOTM votes. It usually does.

I thought Mikel was superb when on the field. After he went off, no one really stood out so I voted for him.

HM: Willian and Ramires.

Overall, I was pleased at the determination the players had to get forward until the very end. Not totally happy with the draw but you have to give credit to a very solid defence performance from West Ham...and before anyone criticises its game plan, remember we've done it just as effectively in the past. Not the worst result in the world, despite the Hammers' position on the table.

:connie_oldman_cleanglasses:

Haha, yeah it is a rarity that someone posts something praising Mikel but I thought he was very solid (I'm one of the people on this forum who rates him as a player). His tackling and passing when under pressure was top-notch but that's just my take on the game. I understand that everyone will see the game differently.

Archived