Sunderland vs Chelsea (PL) 29/11/2014 KO: 17:30 GMT

Izanagi

Sunderland... Sunderland... f**king Sunderland...

Did us over in the Capital One Cup, gave us a nightmare of a game here last season when we were stuck with that 'striker' last season, and ended Jose's unbeaten record at Stamford Bridge.

They're reeling from a shock 8-0 pasting at the hands of Southampton and we have improved big time up front since last season. They are due for a f**king hammering from us for their sh*t last season. Full strength side and wipe the floor with them.

Same XI that started against Schalke.

Crush them.

Sunderland shmunderland. Let's face it not only are Chelsea scoring the defence, not that it's been needed that much, is unlike any other team at the moment. Chelsea visiting fans will do their bit, bless them, and we'll see November out in a blaze of glory.

I'm always nervy about our games in the northeast.

We are obviously playing very well since returning from the international break but let's hope that complacency doesn't settle in.

Might be a game for Schurrle who can test the questionable Mannone from distance.

Costa has to feel confident against their defense you would think.

We need to be at our best on set pieces because, especially if Fletcher starts, you can imagine that's where they will target us.

Nervous about this weekend but could go very well indeed. Never like playing this lot but we will beat them if we play like we did against Schalke, and as a bonus City go to Southampton, where I think they could drop points.

If we get the points at Sunderland, and Saints hold City, which seems highly realistic to me... we are 10 points clear of City. Wow.

As much as I think Saints are capable of getting a result against City, I can't see it happening.

I think they played poorly against a terrible Villa side, and City are going to be riding a wave after that Bayern result.

It's irrelevant, though. We're going to crush Sunderland.

0-7

Hazard hat-trick, Costa, Cahill, Willian and Oscar.

As much as I think Saints are capable of getting a result against City, I can't see it happening.

I think they played poorly against a terrible Villa side, and City are going to be riding a wave after that Bayern result.

It's irrelevant, though. We're going to crush Sunderland.

0-7

Hazard hat-trick, Costa, Cahill, Willian and Oscar.

I envy your optimism about our game, but I really think Saints can do us a favour.

City scraped past Bayern, who not only had 10 men for most of the game but also looked disinterested second half and completely gifted them the final 2 goals. You would expect any Premier League striker to put chances like those away and they were put on a plate for him by a team who switched off towards the final minutes knowing they were already through.

Saints have the best defensive record in the league so far, conceding only 6 times... they certainly won't be putting anything on a plate for City, and other than Aguero receiving those gifts, the rest of the City team were average.

I envy your optimism about our game, but I really think Saints can do us a favour.

City scraped past Bayern, who not only had 10 men for most of the game but also looked disinterested second half and completely gifted them the final 2 goals. You would expect any Premier League striker to put chances like those away and they were put on a plate for him by a team who switched off towards the final minutes knowing they were already through.

Saints have the best defensive record in the league so far, conceding only 6 times... they certainly won't be putting anything on a plate for City, and other than Aguero receiving those gifts, the rest of the City team were average.

Good post. Aside from those two mistakes, City were outclassed even with a man advantage.

I suspect the Saints GD will look a bit worse for wear once they've gone through their upcoming run of tough fixtures.

Everyone is writing them off for a top 4 position, but realistically, everyone below City is performing extremely inconsistently. I'd love for them to keep us on our toes as the season goes on, and manage to get CL football. Mourinho wouldn't dare let the team get complacent if a huge gap starts appearing, but I can't help but feel it might creep into the players mindset.

One injury to Sanchez and Aguero and their team's chances take a huge hit.

I'm going to this game, however my away attendance outside London is shocking.

I've been to Villa away (0-0), Birmingham away twice(0-0 & 1-0), Old Trafford (0-0) and Anfield (2-0) since 2009 and haven't celebrated a single Chelsea goal.

I hope my fortunes change.

I'm going to this game, however my away attendance outside London is shocking.

I've been to Villa away (0-0), Birmingham away twice(0-0 & 1-0), Old Trafford (0-0) and Anfield (2-0) since 2009 and haven't celebrated a single Chelsea goal.

I hope my fortunes change.

Please refrain from going! :coffee:

Too late bud. Tickets, train tickets and hotel already paid for, no refunds. Surely my luck has to change though?!  At least to celebrate a goal.

Well have a good one mate and surely you're luck with away games must change.

This is our best chance with the quality of our team to end their bad run you've had. 

Archived