Marina Granovskaia

Zola
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is facing criticism this morning over her apparent failure to insert sell-on clauses in the transfer contracts for the sales of Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku.

The Times, which appears to have either been granted sight of or first-hand information on the contracts in question claims the Blues did not receive a penny when Manchester City paid £57m to sign De Bruyne from Wolfsburg in the last transfer window.

And with Everton striker Romelu Lukaku now touted for a possible £65m move to Manchester United this summer, the article claims that Chelsea would not ben entitled to a cut of that deal.

Granovskaia has earned praise for her efforts as a tough negotiator in recent seasons having made huge profits when selling off unwanted Chelsea players, but her failure to insist on receiving a percentage of future transfer fees is branded an “oversight” by The Times.

Our whole board has failed us this season and has possibly set us up for an uncomfortable few years. Their failings in the transfer market plus the attitude of most of our squad is the reason we are 14th and in a relegation battle.

Big changes needed at the top.

We were pretty ruthless in closing the deals till last year. Something changed this summer.

The fact we won the league made everyone sit on their laurels. Must have learned nothing from every other previous example of what happens to champions when they sit on their laurels.

Embarrassing doesn't quite cover it.

The fact we won the league made everyone sit on their laurels. Must have learned nothing from every other previous example of what happens to champions when they sit on their laurels.

Embarrassing doesn't quite cover it.

Chelsea always has these summers where we just sit pat. Almost becoming a theme. I remember the summer of Tal Ben Haim, Sidwell, etc and when things go downhill, we go and splurge on players like Torres. I hate this reactive signings that we do. Never works out. Like we never have a plan.

12 months is a long time in football, thus time last year she was being praised massively.

I'm too scared to criticise her lest it spawns a Marina thread .

Edit, oh, this is a Marina thread.

Edited by Droogba

that's simply unbelievable. 

How could anyone fail to do that?

Is this club run by cretins? It's as if they are deliberately trying to wreck Chelsea

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia is facing criticism this morning over her apparent failure to insert sell-on clauses in the transfer contracts for the sales of Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku.

The Times, which appears to have either been granted sight of or first-hand information on the contracts in question claims the Blues did not receive a penny when Manchester City paid £57m to sign De Bruyne from Wolfsburg in the last transfer window.

And with Everton striker Romelu Lukaku now touted for a possible £65m move to Manchester United this summer, the article claims that Chelsea would not ben entitled to a cut of that deal.

Granovskaia has earned praise for her efforts as a tough negotiator in recent seasons having made huge profits when selling off unwanted Chelsea players, but her failure to insist on receiving a percentage of future transfer fees is branded an “oversight” by The Times.

I heard we got money for a sell on on de bruyne. 

Either way its another thing we know f**kall about using unsubstantiated claims to take more swipes at people as we look for someone or anyone to blame. Whose left that hasn't been given the blame from us except people who are lucky (or smart) enough to not be known by name.

End of the day it feels like we are literally pulling names out of a hat to yell at. Jose is gone now its Emenalo. Now we throwing in Marina.

Edited by Stim

I heard we got money for a sell on on de bruyne. 

Either way its another thing we know f**kall about using unsubstantiated claims to take more swipes at people as we look for someone or anyone to blame. Whose left that hasn't been given the blame from us except people who are lucky (or smart) enough to not be known by name.

End of the day it feels like we are literally pulling names out of a hat to yell at. Jose is gone now its Emenalo. Now we throwing in Marina.

Spot on. Nobody has a clue about what goes on behind the scenes. How do they know it was entirely down to Marina? Not Buck, Not Tenenbaum?

How about we blame the spineless berks that have been half-arsing their way through the season.... the players (or some of them anyway). 

I do think Emenalo deserves every bit of criticism that comes his way though. His interview after José had been sacked was absolutely appalling.

Great thread. We never did fully replace Kenyon, did we? Except maybe for a short spell with the FSW but that's it really. Let's see if Granovskaia can fill his boots. I have to admit I'm not sure about her. It takes immense talent to soak up blame the way Kenyon did.