N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

1) You actually are since you are blaming the results only on him, me and among others Frank Lampard can't see it so you're on your own there, good luck in having support in someone that said a year ago that Kante doesn't fit our system.

I've consistently said we need to sign Sancho and I haven't rated willian for years. I am on the fence about Mount and if he was 28 years old and was known for playing a different role id probably want to sell him too. 

36 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I've consistently said we need to sign Sancho and I haven't rated willian for years. I am on the fence about Mount and if he was 28 years old and was known for playing a different role id probably want to sell him too. 

If we don't sign anyone now in January we would be looking to get Sancho in the summer. Add to that a new left back, maybe even 2 new left backs and a striker as a minimum. 3 big signings, 2 for the first XI. Willian, Pedro to leave for free. If we fail to sign Sancho we will have only 2 real wingers. If Kepa keeps doing what he's doing, we'll need a new keeper very soon as well. Why make things even more complicated?

We got 99 problems but Kante isn't 1.

tenor.gif?itemid=15473067

16 hours ago, Gol15 said:

5) Kante is world class and he has been the right player for our team ever since he came here, the results prove it, he has been a constant key player regardless of having to adapt to 3 different managers nobody that is relevant enough has ever said that he isn't the right player for us.

He looked fantastic in the France, Leicester and Conte teams because they didn't rely on keeping the ball and creating.

Its no surprise that Kante has looked a shadow of himself under Sarri and now Lamps.

If we want to stick with Lampard and attacking football Kante shouldn't be a nailed on starter. 

If we want to go back to reactive football and bring in Simeone or someone, Kante is worth every penny. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He looked fantastic in the France, Leicester and Conte teams because they didn't rely on keeping the ball and creating.

Its no surprise that Kante has looked a shadow of himself under Sarri and now Lamps.

If we want to stick with Lampard and attacking football Kante shouldn't be a nailed on starter. 

If we want to go back to reactive football and bring in Simeone or someone, Kante is worth every penny. 

Sorry what? Our possession-based football started with Sarri and Kante was good in his system, with Frank now we are more direct, we put in more crosses and long balls.

663164820_Namnls.thumb.png.df52ed583ad1cd9076b232914c0d0aca.png

He is actually even better offensivly than last season, even without having Hazard.

Defensivly Kante has 19 clearances, the highest number when compared to any other midfielder and he's a box-to-box midfielder, second from midfield is Jorginho that has 18 but he plays much deeper.
Jorginho has the highest amount of tackles from the midfield, 43 while Kante has 34 while playing much higher on the pitch while being involved in 6 games less and had an injury.

Kante is our key player that can do a lot of things at the highest level, we have only 2 players among the top 100 players in the world, Kante and Jorginho. When RLC comes back and we buy a good striker we can play attacking football in a 442 with Kante and RLC bossing the midfield, we lack other types of players but Kante fits in our team no matter how you put it.

13 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Sorry what? Our possession-based football started with Sarri and Kante was good in his system, with Frank now we are more direct, we put in more crosses and long balls.

663164820_Namnls.thumb.png.df52ed583ad1cd9076b232914c0d0aca.png

He is actually even better offensivly than last season, even without having Hazard.

Defensivly Kante has 19 clearances, the highest number when compared to any other midfielder and he's a box-to-box midfielder, second from midfield is Jorginho that has 18 but he plays much deeper.
Jorginho has the highest amount of tackles from the midfield, 43 while Kante has 34 while playing much higher on the pitch while being involved in 6 games less and had an injury.

Kante is our key player that can do a lot of things at the highest level, we have only 2 players among the top 100 players in the world, Kante and Jorginho. When RLC comes back and we buy a good striker we can play attacking football in a 442 with Kante and RLC bossing the midfield, we lack other types of players but Kante fits in our team no matter how you put it.

Kante is giving out better attacking numbers, under an attacking manager? *pretends to act shocked*.

Can we agree that Kante plays very high up the pitch in this system? Therefore lets compare him to players in similar roles rather than with himself.

Shall we start with Kovacic who he in direct contention with and many believe should be playing ahead of him? Kante has played 1214 minutes in the league with Kovacic playing 1331 minutes, so their stats should be fairly similar.

Kovacic has three assists this season with Kante having 0. Passes forward are in Kovacic's favour with 327, with Kante only making 225, Kante therefore being counter productive with the ball. Pass percentage is in Kovacic's favour again at 89.72%, Kante being sloppy with the ball and only managing 83.52%. Through balls is a good one, Kovacic has attempted 8 this season. Kante? 0. Not a single through ball attempted in 15 games from one of our attacking mids. Kovacic has been dispossessed 20 times, in less minutes Kante has been dispossessed 27 times. 

Kante doesn't fit in our team in the role that Lampard wants. 

35 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Also i'd just like to say i f**king hate stats, but its all that Gol15 seems to understand. That and what Lazio value SMS at.

I did quite like the "Kante's Increased Attacking Output" chart though ... it definitely demonstrated that Kante has progressed from medicocre output to something that is still mediocre, but slightly less mediocre than it was last season ... 🙂

I bet Tammy is licking his lips at having one more cross every two games and one more key pass every four games to work with ...

50 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Kante is giving out better attacking numbers, under an attacking manager? *pretends to act shocked*.

Can we agree that Kante plays very high up the pitch in this system? Therefore lets compare him to players in similar roles rather than with himself.

Shall we start with Kovacic who he in direct contention with and many believe should be playing ahead of him? Kante has played 1214 minutes in the league with Kovacic playing 1331 minutes, so their stats should be fairly similar.

Kovacic has three assists this season with Kante having 0. Passes forward are in Kovacic's favour with 327, with Kante only making 225, Kante therefore being counter productive with the ball. Pass percentage is in Kovacic's favour again at 89.72%, Kante being sloppy with the ball and only managing 83.52%. Through balls is a good one, Kovacic has attempted 8 this season. Kante? 0. Not a single through ball attempted in 15 games from one of our attacking mids. Kovacic has been dispossessed 20 times, in less minutes Kante has been dispossessed 27 times. 

Kante doesn't fit in our team in the role that Lampard wants. 

What is this supposed to mean? Sarri is also an attacking manager, a ball-possession coach. Kante just got better when compared to the last season.
*lets ignore the stats cause otherwise we wouldn't have this conversation, ok*

With 3 goals from open play while also having an injury during the season. Oh I see, 0 assists. Jorginho had 0 assists last season, still didn't change the fact that he was our key player and our best passer.

Kovacic plays much deeper, almost like Jorginho so much easier to get an assist, our last games didn't feature Kovacic and nobody missed him at all, 3:0 win and a 1:0 loss with 70% possession, he's obviously missed for a specific thing, the only thing he does better than Jorginho and Kante is to run with the ball and make dribbles, so he has 3 assists does that make Willian a god with 4 assists now?  X player that has an easy role where Jorginho takes all the attention and while Kante covers half of the pitch while he sits deep, made 3 assists and is trying through balls, well mate if he doesn't do those things then why is he even playing, he has 500 more touches if he doesn't make a few assists he's a waste of space, Mount and Kante push higher up, their passing stats are always going to be lower when compared to someone that just sits deep. You're actually saying that 3 assists that Kovacic made are somehow worth more than 3 goals tha Kante scored, and 1 assist that Kovacic made was when Kante scored a great goal against Man City where he ran into space and put the ball through the legs of the opposition keeper if I remember correctly, a much harder thing to do than just passing into space from deep, Kante didn't only finish but made a great run as well.

We miss tons of chances, tons. Kante plays higher up and secures a lot for the team, he presses too much high up and that results in counter attacks that punish us very hard that's a problem but running forward and keeping the possession and pressure is a part of our tactic. 

But it's not even close to him not fitting in our team, that is such a crazy conlusion, I should insert the "that escalated quickly" meme or something...I mean, Lampard doesn't share your view, all the opposite. 

Kante was our best midfielder last game and Lampard said he was outstanding, his view on Kante is very similar to Sarri and Frank is using him in a similar way, as a box-to-box midfielder that can offer much more than just tackles. So our current manager and our previous one would disagree with you.

If you want to point out how someone is mediocre, look towards the player you mentioned, Kovacic. When RLC comes back he might establish himself in the starting lineup for next season which would put the likes of Kovacic and Mount on the bench. RLC can dribble as good as Kovacic but he has the height, the presence and he's a real goal threat. 

Or if you really have this fetish when it comes to selling someone, consider the view of selling Barkley instead. Kante is just too valuable and we would struggle to find another player with similar qualities and with such high reputation.

Edited by Gol15

47 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Also i'd just like to say i f**king hate stats, but its all that Gol15 seems to understand. That and what Lazio value SMS at.

Aye but I can tell you the one thing I don't understand. This brain-dead witch hunt on Kante and this big need of selling him. Where does this come from?

Somehow we MUST sell him. LOL chill. 

We need 2 wingers, a LB or 2, a striker, maybe even a new CB and a new keeper...That may end up in what, 4-7 new players in only 1 transfer window if we don't buy anyone now in January...

BUT sell Kante that will make Kepa great again and we will automatically win the league with the youth only! We will even get to learn how to kick a ball from a corner! What did he ever do for us, Hazard as well, we don't need a world class player, if only Kante knew how to pass a football CHO would be sitting on 15 league goals by now.

On a serious note, Rudiger once said...if you hate on Kante there must be a problem with you. Whats your problem mate, your bicycle got stolen or something?

23 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

What is this supposed to mean? Sarri is also an attacking manager, a ball-possession coach. Kante just got better when compared to the last season.

With 3 goals from open play while also having an injury during the season. Oh I see, 0 assists. Jorginho had 0 assists last season, still didn't change the fact that he was our key player and our best passer.

Kovacic plays much deeper, almost like Jorginho so much easier to get an assist, our last games didn't feature Kovacic and nobody missed him at all, 3:0 win and a 1:0 loss with 70% possession, he's obviously missed for a specific thing, the only thing he does better than Jorginho and Kante is to run with the ball and make dribbles, so he has 3 assists does that make Willian a god with 4 assists now?  X player that has an easy role where Jorginho takes all the attention and while Kante covers half of the pitch while he sits deep, made 3 assists and is trying through balls, well mate if he doesn't do those things then why is he even playing, he has 500 more touches if he doesn't make a few assists he's a waste of space, Mount and Kante push higher up, their passing stats are always going to be lower when compared to someone that just sits deep. You're actually saying that 3 assists that Kovacic made are somehow worth more than 3 goals tha Kante scored, and 1 assist that Kovacic made was when Kante scored a great goal against Man City where he ran into space and put the ball through the legs of the opposition keeper if I remember correctly, a much harder thing to do than just passing into space from deep, Kante didn't only finish but made a great run as well.

We miss tons of chances, tons. Kante plays higher up and secures a lot for the team, he presses too much high up and that results in counter attacks that punish us very hard that's a problem but running forward and keeping the possession and pressure is a part of our tactic. 

But it's not even close to him not fitting in our team, that is such a crazy conlusion, I should insert the "that escalated quickly" meme or something...I mean, Lampard doesn't share your view, all the opposite. 

Kante was our best midfielder last game and Lampard said he was outstanding, his view on Kante is very similar to Sarri and Frank is using him in a similar way, as a box-to-box midfielder that can offer much more than just tackles. So our current manager and our previous one would disagree with you.

If you want to point out how someone is mediocre, look towards the player you mentioned, Kovacic. When RLC comes back he might establish himself in the starting lineup for next season which would put the likes of Kovacic and Mount on the bench. RLC can dribble as good as Kovacic but he has the height, the presence and he's a real goal threat. 

Or if you really have this fetish when it comes to selling someone, consider the view of selling Barkley instead. Kante is just too valuable and we would struggle to find another player with similar qualities and with such high reputation.

"Kovacic has three assists this season with Kante having 0. Passes forward are in Kovacic's favour with 327, with Kante only making 225, Kante therefore being counter productive with the ball. Pass percentage is in Kovacic's favour again at 89.72%, Kante being sloppy with the ball and only managing 83.52%. Through balls is a good one, Kovacic has attempted 8 this season. Kante? 0. Not a single through ball attempted in 15 games from one of our attacking mids. Kovacic has been dispossessed 20 times, in less minutes Kante has been dispossessed 27 times."

Literally from the post you answered. Did you even read it?

*edit*

Also, Kovacic is a better player than Jorgi in many aspects of the game.

Edited by Vagabond

24 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

We miss tons of chances, tons.

This is just a big fat lie. Don't worry what Frank says, or the stats. It simply isn't true that we create tons of chances. You quoted Frank as saying we created 50 chances against West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton. Truth is, rather than 50, we only created 1. These are the facts and I've had them verified by an independent fact-checker. Of course, if you want to dispute this, you can always list these 50 chances, or even 10. The stage is all yours.

4 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

"Kovacic has three assists this season with Kante having 0. Passes forward are in Kovacic's favour with 327, with Kante only making 225, Kante therefore being counter productive with the ball. Pass percentage is in Kovacic's favour again at 89.72%, Kante being sloppy with the ball and only managing 83.52%. Through balls is a good one, Kovacic has attempted 8 this season. Kante? 0. Not a single through ball attempted in 15 games from one of our attacking mids. Kovacic has been dispossessed 20 times, in less minutes Kante has been dispossessed 27 times."

Literally from the post you answered. Did you even read it?

Yes I did, my response is much longer than what you highlighted. Do I need to say it to you now as well? OK, Kante plays as a box-to-box midfielder, he's higher up the pitch and it's harder for him just like for any other player that plays higher up to rank up the passing stats and to intercept the ball and to keep the ball for the team, it's easier for Jorginh and Kovacic to have those particular stats better. Even so, Sarri and Lampard see Kante doing that role well, meaning that Lampard didn't really change Kante's role from Sarri. 

You said yourself that our problem is not in our midfield, I repeated it. You never backed me up. What now? You're not going to back up that same view because you're actually changing your mind? It's all the fault of Kante is that it?

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Yes I did, my response is much longer than what you highlighted. Do I need to say it to you now as well? OK, Kante plays as a box-to-box midfielder, he's higher up the pitch and it's harder for him just like for any other player that plays higher up to rank up the passing stats and to intercept the ball and to keep the ball for the team, it's easier for Jorginh and Kovacic to have those particular stats better. Even so, Sarri and Lampard see Kante doing that role well, meaning that Lampard didn't really change Kante's role from Sarri. 

You said yourself that our problem is not in our midfield, I repeated it. You never backed me up. What now? You're not going to back up that same view because you're actually changing your mind? It's all the fault of Kante is that it?

I didn't say Kanté was the problem. But you said the only thing Kova does better than Kanté or Jorgi is dribbling and running with the ball, which is factually incorrect. Simple as.

4 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

I didn't say Kanté was the problem. But you said the only thing Kova does better than Kanté or Jorgi is dribbling and running with the ball, which is factually incorrect. Simple as.

You did say however that our whole midfield isn't the problem. You are shy to repeat it now I suppose? Too much controversial for you at the moment? I see dribbling as the real thing that Kovacic does better than the other 2, the rest is due to his position and role in the team, he gets a lot of freedom since Jorginho is often marked and Kante running all over the pitch. Is he using it to the very maximum that a player can use it? I doubt it.

14 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

This is just a big fat lie. Don't worry what Frank says, or the stats. It simply isn't true that we create tons of chances. You quoted Frank as saying we created 50 chances against West Ham, Bournemouth and Southampton. Truth is, rather than 50, we only created 1. These are the facts and I've had them verified by an independent fact-checker. Of course, if you want to dispute this, you can always list these 50 chances, or even 10. The stage is all yours.

Right so Frank Lampard made up a big lie just for the press...You say that in those 3 games we created only 1 chance? Why don't you post your facts instead. You should have already done it if it's right there for you. I would need to re-watch all 3 games, you seem to already have the answer.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Right so Frank Lampard made up a big lie just for the press...You say that in those 3 games we created only 1 chance? Why don't you post your facts instead. You should have already done it if it's right there for you. I would need to re-watch all 3 games, you seem to already have the answer.

I don't really want to get in the middle  of this, but you do appear  to  find it incredibly easy to get into arguments with a wide range of people, apparently for no great sensible reason, and then seem to  keep on quoting and requoting, droning on and on with  your somewhat simplistic views.

And that is me saying that.  Just think about that for a moment.

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

You did say however that our whole midfield isn't the problem. You are shy to repeat it now I suppose? Too much controversial for you at the moment? I see dribbling as the real thing that Kovacic does better than the other 2, the rest is due to his position and role in the team, he gets a lot of freedom since Jorginho is often marked and Kante running all over the pitch. Is he using it to the very maximum that a player can use it? I doubt it.

Shy? No. I still think 4 3 3 with Jorgi, Kante and Kova is our strongest midfield. But imo benching Kovacic for Jorgi is stupid because Kovacic is definitely a better player. Kanté is world class in his prefered role, but no world beater up the pitch. I also don't like how Mount can be underwhelming but keep his spot in the starting XI when most other players would not. It doesn't look like the meritocracy Frank has promised at the beginning of the season, but most fans seem to prefer playing the youth over winning trophies, so he gets a pass it seems.

Imo we desperately need a fullback, a striker and a keeper to compete for titles, so nothing changed.

*edit*
Still doesn't change the fact that you should stop repeating that Kova is only better at running with the ball and dribbling. It's wrong.

Edited by Vagabond

5 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I don't really want to get in the middle  of this, but you do appear  to  find it incredibly easy to get into arguments with a wide range of people, apparently for no great sensible reason, and then seem to  keep on quoting and requoting, droning on and on with  your somewhat simplistic views.

And that is me saying that.  Just think about that for a moment.

People are literally saying that Kante doesn't fit in the team. Shouldn't that be seen as a simplistic view? My whole argument is basically that it's not as simplistic as that. I think it deserves a proper discussion, such a thing shouldn't be just left hanging in the air...Maybe I should stop talking and people should vote if he's useless and to be sold or not. My worst case argument is that we need to buy players in other positions and that even if Kante was such a problem it wouldn't be a good move to sell him when other positions are more critical. This is what the forum is for, no?

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

He loves all stats, except for our win % without Kante. 

image.thumb.png.1058809ca397a367032626a1ab394c32.png

Check out this beauty, he goes on to argue that we shouldn't play Kovacic because we beat Burnley without him, not even realising that Kante also wasn't playing that game... Like I've never seen someone so unbelievably thick as this person, he can't make a post without contradicting himself. 

The problem with Kante isn't Kante, it's playing Mount with him and to a degree Willian. It's a fine line up against Liverpool or Man City, where they will out possess and we need to run about. Willian takes a heavy touch to set up his shot, it's hard to find that touch against bottom half teams, even his goal against Tottenham which I loved needed quite a bit of space to make work. Mount just doesn't work in tight space.

51 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I would need to re-watch all 3 games, you seem to already have the answer.

Re-watch all three games. You will need a paper and pen. Maybe some snacks.

Make a note of every chance we create, what minute they occur, who creates the chance and who fluffs the chance.

You have until midday tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, Vagabond said:

Shy? No. I still think 4 3 3 with Jorgi, Kante and Kova is our strongest midfield. But imo benching Kovacic for Jorgi is stupid because Kovacic is definitely a better player. Kanté is world class in his prefered role, but no world beater up the pitch. I also don't like how Mount can be underwhelming but keep his spot in the starting XI when most other players would not. It doesn't look like the meritocracy Frank has promised at the beginning of the season, but most fans seem to prefer playing the youth over winning trophies, so he gets a pass it seems.

Imo we desperately need a fullback, a striker and a keeper to compete for titles, so nothing changed.

*edit*
Still doesn't change the fact that you should stop repeating that Kova is only better at running with the ball and dribbling. It's wrong.

I agree to disagree. The overall 2 seasons where we had both players tell a story of Jorginho being a superior player to me, in his first season he was the top passer in the whole league and later became the vice captain, that currently still is our best passer even with less possession and less amount of average passes in comparison to last season. On top of that he has the highest number of interceptions in the whole squad and is second highest in tackles after Azpilicueta. Our bad form started when he was benched and ended when he came back to the starting lineup, he showed against Burnley that he can enable equally well Barkley and Mount, which is one of our best games result wise this season.

14 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Re-watch all three games. You will need a paper and pen. Maybe some snacks.

Make a note of every chance we create, what minute they occur, who creates the chance and who fluffs the chance.

You have until midday tomorrow.

With all due respect, if you have no evidence to present I'm not going to waste my time. Keep in mind that you by posting your source or stat will not only prove me wrong but Lampard as well.

You have no reason to hold on to the evidence, if you have any ofc.

25 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I agree to disagree. The overall 2 seasons where we had both players tell a story of Jorginho being a superior player to me, in his first season he was the top passer in the whole league and later became the vice captain, that currently still is our best passer even with less possession and less amount of average passes in comparison to last season. On top of that he has the highest number of interceptions in the whole squad and is second highest in tackles after Azpilicueta. Our bad form started when he was benched and ended when he came back to the starting lineup, he showed against Burnley that he can enable equally well Barkley and Mount, which is one of our best games result wise this season.

Jorgi is a fine player, he's very good at penalties, short passes and understands the game well. But if you think he's anywhere near Kovacic in terms of skill, physicality, even shooting and what he offers to break up opponents, I really don't see a point. The fact that you need to mention Jorgis vice captaincy and the last season -when Sarri did everything to accomodate teacher's pet- shows that you're grasping at straws when I comes to analyzing the player.

Since you even went so far to say Kova is only better at dribbling and running with the ball imho you either have a terrible confirmation bias or you just don't have what it takes to understand what is actually happening on the pitch. In both cases it would be a waste of energy to convince you otherwise. No hard feelings though.

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

With 3 goals from open play while also having an injury during the season. Oh I see, 0 assists. Jorginho had 0 assists last season, still didn't change the fact that he was our key player and our best passer. Jorginho orchestrates from deep, Kante plays behind the striker. Kante SHOULD have at least an assist.

Kovacic plays much deeper Not true, plays the exact role Kante plays. They're a straight swap in the starting 11, almost like Jorginho so much easier to get an assist , our last games didn't feature Kovacic and nobody missed him at all, 3:0 win and a 1:0 loss with 70% possession, he's obviously missed for a specific thing, the only thing he does better than Jorginho and Kante is to run with the ball and make dribbles ha ha ha do i really need to comment on this?, so he has 3 assists does that make Willian a god with 4 assists now Once again, we're talking about two CM's, bringing wingers into it is pointless?  X player that has an easy role where Jorginho takes all the attention and while Kante covers half of the pitch while he sits deep, made 3 assists and is trying through balls, well mate if he doesn't do those things then why is he even playing, he has 500 more touches if he doesn't make a few assists he's a waste of space, Mount and Kante push higher up, their passing stats are always going to be lower when compared to someone that just sits deep. De Bruyne plays higher than Rodri, guess who has better attacking stats. You're actually saying that 3 assists that Kovacic made are somehow worth more than 3 goals tha Kante scored, and 1 assist that Kovacic made was when Kante scored a great goal against Man City where he ran into space and put the ball through the legs of the opposition keeper if I remember correctly, a much harder thing to do than just passing into space from deep, Kante didn't only finish but made a great run as well. What about Kovacic's volley outside the box? Better finish than Kante's.

But it's not even close to him not fitting in our team, that is such a crazy conlusion, I should insert the "that escalated quickly" meme or something...I mean, Lampard doesn't share your view, all the opposite. Look at our win % with Kante playing, you keep ignoring this.

Kante was our best midfielder last game and Lampard said he was outstanding Best player means nothing if we lose, its a team sport, his view on Kante is very similar to Sarri and Frank is using him in a similar way and Kante was much better under Conte and Ranieri, as a box-to-box midfielder that can offer much more than just tackles. So our current manager and our previous one would disagree with you. And our manager before them, who won the league, would disagree with them.

If you want to point out how someone is mediocre, look towards the player you mentioned, Kovacic. Kovacic has been our player of the season until Frank tried to shoehorn Kante in and we've started losing When RLC comes back he might establish himself in the starting lineup for next season which would put the likes of Kovacic and Mount on the bench. RLC can dribble as good as Kovacic but he has the height, the presence and he's a real goal threat. 

Or if you really have this fetish when it comes to selling someone, consider the view of selling Barkley instead. Kante is just too valuable and we would struggle to find another player with similar qualities and with such high reputation. We don't need to find someone with similar qualities, hence why many are saying he COULD be sold. His qualities don't suit this brand of football