Pokémon Go!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Ok humour my ignorance a further time. Let's say I walk down Oxford Street and at a particular junction I encounter a...err...a Squizzlebutt. If someone else goes to same location do they also see a Squizzlebutt or do they appear randomly?

I tried my hardest. Berries, Great Balls..thge f**ker just ran.  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Today I did catch though:

Lvl 683 Electabuzz

Lvl 770 Hypno

my first Abra

Yet another Pidgeot

Tentacruel

2 Squirtles

Nidoran

Bellsprout

Should have fed him rasberry first. I have caught an ABRA, magmar, hitmonchan, ghastly by using this. otherwise very difficult to catch these pokemons.

Ok humour my ignorance a further time. Let's say I walk down Oxford Street and at a particular junction I encounter a...err...a Squizzlebutt. If someone else goes to same location do they also see a Squizzlebutt or do they appear randomly?

Correct, if someone else goes to the same location they will see the Squizzlebutt too. 

Cheers Blueblur. As I said previously it isn't for me but I can see the attraction to some people as a bit of fun. I do laugh at certain people of know who scoff at it yet they will play xbox one games until 6 in the morning.

I really don't get the combat in this game. I'm nowhere near powerful enough to actually take over a gym but sometimes I see lesser powered pokemon that I should be able to beat, however when the battle starts I'm just manically swiping and tapping with no idea what's going on. I did win a battle once but more by luck than anything. Maybe I am too old for this sort of thing after all.

Edited by bluedave

I really don't get the combat in this game. I'm nowhere near powerful enough to actually take over a gym but sometimes I see lesser powered pokemon that I should be able to beat, however when the battle starts I'm just manically swiping and tapping with no idea what's going on. I did win a battle once but more by luck than anything. Maybe I am too old for this sort of thing after all.

I haven't played the game yet, but I got this from an online guide. Hope this helps you, mate.

Battle Maneuvers:

Battles mostly come down to incessant tapping and landing your special attack. When it comes time to battle an opponent, there are only a couple of attacks to keep in mind. To perform a basic attack, simply tap on your opponent’s Pokémon. As you continue to tap and attack, a blue bar will begin to fill up beside your Pokémon’s CP. When the blue bar is fully charged, tap and hold to unleash your special attack. Keep an eye on the enemy Pokémon and prepare to swipe left or right to dodge incoming attacks as well. 

Continue tapping vigorously and landing your specials. When a Pokémon faints, it will be replaced with the next Pokémon in your roster if six. Healing Pokémon can only be done outside of battle, using items acquired from PokéStops.

Thanks Zinc. I did read another guide somewhere that gave the impression there is some technique to it but my experience so far is that the battles are just the touch-screen equivalent of button-mashing.

Edited by bluedave