Booing of players

Hazard right foot
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I was a bit shocked at the booing the last few games from large parts of our fans. I understand that we are used to winning more often than not at home but how is this ever going to get the players going?

What are your views on booing? Are we playing that badly at present

I personally think Conte will be sacked at the end of the year (no fault of his own, lack of spending mainly) as I can' seeing us picking up anything other than maybe the fa cup. Id like to see Simeone or Zidane if he were to be sacked at madrid

We also used to boo in the 90's before the money came if we thought the team were under performing or not trying hard enough. 

I don't think the players are not trying I just think due to the current frequency of matches, Conte does not have adequate time to train them.

5 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I don't think the players are not trying I just think due to the current frequency of matches, Conte does not have adequate time to train them.

Exactly this mate. It feels like there's a game every 2 days so they can only be resting in between. Plus for a top team our squad is tiny compared to city etc

2 minutes ago, coco said:

Their lucky were not allowed to take rotten veg into the stadium.

I was annoyed at full time that I had to endure more of it but championship teams are of a higher standard these days, just look at Man city v Bristol city as an example. Gone are the days of hammering them 4,5 or 6 nil

I've booed loads of times over the years.

Cant see the big deal- it's the flip side of the coin to cheering. Players don't mind the adulation and having their names chanted when things are going well, likewise when they stink they should be able to accept some stick.

You pay your money and are free to let off steam and express yourself ( within limits)

Being booed could even act as a motivational tool- if they don't like it they should try and look at the situation through the supporters prism; learn from their mistakes, and don't give cause to get jeered again.

Im not sure about this year, but last season Fellani regular got booed by United fans when he got put on as sub.

Im sure that gave him a boost!

Edited by Ewell CFC

Never ok as long as the players are working hard. Can maybe, just maybe accept it if we had someone just arsing around clearly not bothered. Booing them for having a bad performance if they're working hard though is totally unacceptable and counter-productive. Real Madrid fans do it all the time and it makes them look like a bunch of entitled w**kers. I'd rather not have Chelsea fans tarred with that brush.

If the players don't look like they are trying or putting in the kind of effort they should be, they should expect to be booed.

If they're just playing badly, but they are clearly trying, I would disagree with booing in that situation.

There is of course 1 scenario when the only thing you should do is boo, and anyone who isn't booing needs to take a look at themselves. And that's when Rafa Benetiz gets appointed your manager.

Edited by Zeta

I have no problem with booing players it's part of football always has been. What I can't get my head around is the West Ham fan who thinks it's ok to shout abuse about a dead baby. If someone in your street who you didn't know personally but you knew who they were if you heard there baby had died would you go up to them in the street and hurl abuse at them?. No so why would you do it at a football stadium it's beyond my comprehension.

3 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

I have no problem with booing players it's part of football always has been. What I can't get my head around is the West Ham fan who thinks it's ok to shout abuse about a dead baby. If someone in your street who you didn't know personally but you knew who they were if you heard there baby had died would you go up to them in the street and hurl abuse at them?. No so why would you do it at a football stadium it's beyond my comprehension.

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. Disgusting human being 

Chelsea fans booing on the pitch is quite rare, I don't think our fans booed the players yesterday. Apart from the mentioned events we booed once in 13-14 after dropping points to another sh*t team which almost certainly killed our chances at the title. At the time I felt the same as we missed a massive opportunity at winning the title and slaying all the top teams counted for nothing but on reflection I felt like I was being really entitled.

I have no problems with booing a player who's blatantly bit trying or giving a sh*t, I don't see the point in booing a player who's having a hard time but us putting the effort in, it just makes no sense to me.

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

I have no problems with booing a player who's blatantly bit trying or giving a sh*t, I don't see the point in booing a player who's having a hard time but us putting the effort in, it just makes no sense to me.

Sure but how does a player know he's the one being booed at (apart from booing him when he receives the ball, which is way below the belt and something only the opposition fans do) how else do they know it's them being booed at ?

Luiz was probably worth a little boo last night for being so lackadaisical. Willian wasn't as he put in a shift and a half. But the boos would be indiscriminate.

But it's all besides the point as i think 90% of any booing last night was definitely aimed at the man in black.