• 7 months later...

In all fairness. I love to watch Kai Havertz play. But if I had to choose between Kai of Savic. I’d go for Savic.
The main reason because we have a lot of good players/alternatives already on his position.

As for Savic. I have seen him play for years and like him a lot as a player. Personally I would let Jorginho leave then.
He is physically strong and tall, but still is a graceful player.

29 minutes ago, Night-T said:

In all fairness. I love to watch Kai Havertz play. But if I had to choose between Kai of Savic. I’d go for Savic.
The main reason because we have a lot of good players/alternatives already on his position.

As for Savic. I have seen him play for years and like him a lot as a player. Personally I would let Jorginho leave then.
He is physically strong and tall, but still is a graceful player.

If we miss out on Havertz to sign Savic, then we might as well go for Sancho and Savic.

Havertz I think can fill the roles of both of them to some extent so we won't need both.

But I guess it comes down to who's leaving the club as well

If we judge by the most recent tactics, Sergej fits right in our 433 as a box to box midfielder he's like the jack of all trades and walks into our starting lineup instead of Barkley. Him + Kovacic/Mount with Kante behind would be a really powerful machine of a midfield full of energy, technique and pressing ability.

Havertz on the other hand is younger and offensively stronger but he doesn't offer the transition and defensive qualities that Sergej would contribute with.

I could think that for a perfect balance we would look stronger with Sergej but I would still prefer Kai if possible since he has this ability to bring auto-wins for his team sometimes, IMO.

Apparently we're the frontrunners at the moment.

Not sure how he'll fit into our squad with our current options there though, especially if Havertz is on his way here as well. Surely at least 2 or 3 of our current midfielders will have to go?

On 01/07/2020 at 15:42, Gol15 said:

If we judge by the most recent tactics, Sergej fits right in our 433 as a box to box midfielder he's like the jack of all trades and walks into our starting lineup instead of Barkley. Him + Kovacic/Mount with Kante behind would be a really powerful machine of a midfield full of energy, technique and pressing ability.

Havertz on the other hand is younger and offensively stronger but he doesn't offer the transition and defensive qualities that Sergej would contribute with.

I could think that for a perfect balance we would look stronger with Sergej but I would still prefer Kai if possible since he has this ability to bring auto-wins for his team sometimes, IMO.

I think a 4231 would be more suitable with the players we have. 

Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as a front 3 almost which can present as a 451 whilst defending but 4/5 players in attack. 

The central person of the ‘3’ is very important though as they’d be expected to drop back into midfield whilst also getting into the box and creating a goal threat. Do you think Havertz or Savic is more suited to this role?

The 2 deeper players benefits from a holding player and a box to box. It seems Savic would be more suited to this role than a more advanced player but someone more knowledgable of him may know his best position. 

Whatever happens, we need a left back and centre backs. 

11 hours ago, driller97 said:

Apparently we're the frontrunners at the moment.

Not sure how he'll fit into our squad with our current options there though, especially if Havertz is on his way here as well. Surely at least 2 or 3 of our current midfielders will have to go?

I don't think its a case of Havertz & Savic, I reckon Savic is Plan B if the deal for Kai Havertz falls through.

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

I don't think its a case of Havertz & Savic, I reckon Savic is Plan B if the deal for Kai Havertz falls through.

Possibly, but Savic is definitely more versatile as he can play deep as well.

I guess they're both pretty versatile in their own way, Havertz being able to play in more attacking positions and SMS playing in more defensive ones.

6 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Can’t believe he hasn’t moved yet.

Lazio are having a pretty incredible season, and he's one of the star players. He seems destined to move this summer, and with Real Madrid wanting to buy him it seems thats his most likely destination. Especially with Modric and Kroos getting a bit old

4 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

I think a 4231 would be more suitable with the players we have. 

Pulisic, Werner and Ziyech as a front 3 almost which can present as a 451 whilst defending but 4/5 players in attack. 

The central person of the ‘3’ is very important though as they’d be expected to drop back into midfield whilst also getting into the box and creating a goal threat. Do you think Havertz or Savic is more suited to this role?

The 2 deeper players benefits from a holding player and a box to box. It seems Savic would be more suited to this role than a more advanced player but someone more knowledgable of him may know his best position. 

Whatever happens, we need a left back and centre backs. 

I like the 4231 more too! 

But in that case I guess that Sergey would be most natural being with Kante in the deeper 2 positions and because of Kante he would be able to run forward as well so I agree with you.

I was originally against signing him not long ago, but one thing is for sure, he would bring a bit of strength to our midfield. He's a good player, but I'm not sure he would suit the tempo we play at. He's a bit like Matic in that area, but overall, a better player.

I would be very surprised if we went for both Havertz and Milinkovic-Savic though. Between them, I am sure they would cost around £150m.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

I was originally against signing him not long ago, but one thing is for sure, he would bring a bit of strength to our midfield. He's a good player, but I'm not sure he would suit the tempo we play at. He's a bit like Matic in that area, but overall, a better player.

I would be very surprised if we went for both Havertz and Milinkovic-Savic though. Between them, I am sure they would cost around £150m.

We're looking to offload 6 players to fund Havertz (Bakayoko, Emerson, Michy, Kenedy, Barkley, Zouma)

For Savic we can sell Jorginho and Kante and those 2 alone will be enough to fund Savic and still have plenty left over.

20 minutes ago, Deino said:

Him + Havertz with Kante in behind is a Football Manager's wet dream.

I'd argue he is what RLC would have been now if RLC wasn't so injury prone.

Its possible that Savic could sit where Kante sits, with RLC and Havertz in front of him.

5 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Its possible that Savic could sit where Kante sits, with RLC and Havertz in front of him.

Does he have the discipline and energy to do what Kante does though? Savic seems like a no. 8 in the mould of Ballack to me

Just now, Deino said:

Does he have the discipline and energy to do what Kante does though? Savic seems like a no. 8 in the mould of Ballack to me

Thats what I was thinking too, hes more box to box but he can definitely sit deep as well.

Either way, all comes down to what players we decide to sell/keep anyway as atm there's no room in the squad for him

• 2 weeks later...

He is world class. Would love to see him at Chelsea.

But I doubt that Lazio would sell him if there isn't a huge bid. In 2018 they allegedly rejected Juventus' bid of 70 million pounds, demanding around 115. 

Needless to say, his value is even higher now.

Btw here's an interesting fact. His agent is Mateja Kezman, who played for Chelsea in 04/05.

Edited by wizardous

More than 10 years since Lazio played CL football, right before the break they had a shot at challenging Juventus as well...

He's the best midfielder in Serie A if we end up selling Jorginho and Kante we should go for him as he would be well suited for Lampard.