Sign in to follow this  
dansubrosa

Milinkovic Savic

Linked with him recently.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-milinkovic-savic-latest-willian-hazard-courtois-a8462871.html

Ive always thought there was too much interest for him and he’d be too expensive for us to have a chance, but it’s all gone abit quiet with United and Real Madrid, perhaps we can see the possibility of getting this one wrapped up? 

It would make a massive statement if we signed him - I rate him very highly. I just cant see it happening. Although I'd love the signing, I also want to see Barkley and RLC getting a lot of game time this year. I don't think there is room for all 3 players in our squad.

Hasn't really stood out that much when I've watched him, and I'm sure if you gave RLC and/or Mount that kind of game time they would be just as well developed. We too often look outside of our own, when in fact we have some quality talent already at the club. Barkley's ceiling is high, and he has the possibility of reaching those heights under Sarri. I would rather us not spend £100+ on a central midfielder with potential. We don't know how high SMS' ceiling is, but for the price being quoted, it's not worth it. We can spend that kind of money elsewhere. Anyway, I don't even believe the rumours anyway, we don't spend that kind of money on one player. The only way we would spend that kind of money is on a world beater or genuine goalscorer, not some young midfielder who has come off one good season. 

Edited by enigma

He is 23 and his stats are: 

17/18 season - 35 matches, 12 goals, 3 assists. 

16/17 season - 34 matches, 4 goals, 7 assists. 

15/16 season - 25 matches, 1 goal, 0 assists.

Now, excuse me if those stats don't blow my socks off. He has improved sure, but again, it's taken 3 seasons. Why are we so impatient not to give Mount or RLC that time? 

Compare to Ross Barkley: 

16/17 season - 36 matches, 5 goals, 8 assists

15/16 season - 38 matches, 8 goals, 8 assists

14/15 season - 29 matches, 2 goals, 2 assists

There's not much in it, and also considering Ross was injured for large parts too. 

It's not all about stats, he is one of those players that can do a lot of things at a high level and speaking of that he is also a tall player that could potentially become a midfield boss specially when there is someone like an amazing Kante to cover for some defensive tasks.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

It's not all about stats, he is one of those players that can do a lot of things at a high level and speaking of that he is also a tall player that could potentially become a midfield boss specially when there is someone like an amazing Kante to cover for some defensive tasks.

Are you talking about Barkley or Savic? 

3 minutes ago, zolawannabe25 said:

I was talking about Milinkovic-Savic.

But I do like Barkley he has just like Savic a lot of potential just maybe a bit less technical ability.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

It's not all about stats, he is one of those players that can do a lot of things at a high level 

13 minutes ago, zolawannabe25 said:

Or Willian?

If Sarri is looking for Savic, then he is definitely looking to build a strong and attacking midfield. 

Kante - Jorginho - New (Savic,RLC,etc)

RLC, Fabregas, Bakayoko, Barkley as a backup for them would be amazing.

I like to hear these rumours, I just hope RLC will be always a choice for him, he has to play. 

Edited by IliyaKrostin

Yes, he does seem to be one of the most promising midfielders in the world but I just think that there are bigger priorities to consider. It appears that we need a new goal keeper and a striker on top of maybe a right winger! Plus we already have Loftus Cheek and Barkley who play in the more advanced role in a midfield three. I don't have a problem with upgrading the players but I want the club to focus on other areas 

If we sign Savic, I bet Jose will make a public statement about Chelsea is the favorite for the title :biggrin: We need goals from the midfield, so signing a player like him is far more valuable than another fancy playermaker.

We got 1 week until the first real game of the season, 10+ days until the windows close, it's still so quiet. I reckon it will be a last day dash with money being thrown around,  get 1 out of 3 targets, and another Drinkwater to fill the gap.

Edited by icecoolguy22

4 hours ago, enigma said:

He is 23 and his stats are: 

17/18 season - 35 matches, 12 goals, 3 assists. 

16/17 season - 34 matches, 4 goals, 7 assists. 

15/16 season - 25 matches, 1 goal, 0 assists.

Now, excuse me if those stats don't blow my socks off. He has improved sure, but again, it's taken 3 seasons. Why are we so impatient not to give Mount or RLC that time? 

Compare to Ross Barkley: 

16/17 season - 36 matches, 5 goals, 8 assists

15/16 season - 38 matches, 8 goals, 8 assists

14/15 season - 29 matches, 2 goals, 2 assists

There's not much in it, and also considering Ross was injured for large parts too. 

Ahh goalscoring statisics, the most accurate way to judge a player.

I still remember the season we sold Oscar that we had an argument on how he was better than Coutinho and Isco based on the same kind of stats. Or the time you claimed Bamford was every bit as good as Harry Kane because he had better championship stats. 

Edited by Xfaxtor

SMS is head and shoulders above barkley and RLC. 

Barkley seems to be getting a lot of praise off the back of that Perth glory game. 

This one won't happen though. Too expensive.

Lazio have been linked with pedro and fabregas, but even if we offered both, we would still have to break pur transfer record to get this done. 

Savic is miles ahead of both RLC and Barkley at this moment in time. He is one of the best players in his league and every season he has improved tenfold, last season in particular he genuinely looked a top class midfielder.

The argument can be made that if RLC and Barkley got the game time Savic has got then they may have reached his level too but we don't know if that would be the case.

5 hours ago, zolawannabe25 said:

Yes, he does seem to be one of the most promising midfielders in the world but I just think that there are bigger priorities to consider. It appears that we need a new goal keeper and a striker on top of maybe a right winger! Plus we already have Loftus Cheek and Barkley who play in the more advanced role in a midfield three. I don't have a problem with upgrading the players but I want the club to focus on other areas 

I don't think there is any other areas to consider, unless we sell Courtois, Willian or Morata/Giroud. We can use the money we get from those sales to replace them: Kasper Schmeicel, Bailey or Pulisic, Martial. The same goes for central midfield and a sale of Drinkwater and Bakayoko etc.

I think Savic would be a perfect fit for us alongside Kante and Jorginho, even more so when our current front three are struggling to score enough goals. He is alot better with the ball then Barkley and RLC, he usues his size alot better in duels and he is far better at shooting from long range.