Chelsea Together

Zeta

56 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Honest question, is this because fans sing "the sh*t from Tottenham Hotspur went to Rome to see the Pope"?

Some of the groups are complaining because we sign "we hate Tottenham" during the liquidator.....id rather not be a part of that sh*t thank you. utterly pathetic. 

31 minutes ago, dkw said:

Some of the groups are complaining because we sign "we hate Tottenham" during the liquidator.....id rather not be a part of that sh*t thank you. utterly pathetic. 

But we do hate Tottenham? 

The pope song, I get it but it’s one word right at the end of the song which I guess we could change to c**ts which oddly would be seen as more acceptable? 

Only other song I can think of is “he’s only a poor little...” but I’ve never heard that one sung in the grounds.

This all feels very blown out of proportion 

I can't be sure but I think the Twitter count was only double figures when Zeta posted that link, now look at it!

Which means its had maximum media exposure on the back of nothing and before even building a social presence.

A mate that's not even active on The Shed End or Twitter told me about it after seeing all over news feeds today.

Something is a bit fishy? I wonder if somethings being geared up for the Arsenal game or something after and there is a ready-made group to condemn it and give media interviews.

:tinfoilhatsmile:

If it's not anything official from the club, it all sounds a bit odd.

Edit: The first retweet/tweet on the page was 5 hours ago.... after it went to press.

53 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The pope song, I get it but it’s one word right at the end of the song which I guess we could change to c**ts which oddly would be seen as more acceptable? 

Only other song I can think of is “he’s only a poor little...” but I’ve never heard that one sung in the grounds.

It looks to me like people are using this opportunity to push their own agendas to get a miserable sanatised match day rather than have those terribly uncouth yobs and there songs. 

52 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

I can't be sure but I think the Twitter count was only double figures when Zeta posted that link, now look at it!

Which means its had maximum media exposure on the back of nothing and before even building a social presence.

A mate that's not even active on The Shed End or Twitter told me about it after seeing all over news feeds today.

Something is a bit fishy? I wonder if somethings being geared up for the Arsenal game or something after and there is a ready-made group to condemn it and give media interviews.

:tinfoilhatsmile:

If it's not anything official from the club, it all sounds a bit odd.

Edit: The first retweet/tweet on the page was 5 hours ago.... after it went to press.

They were talking about it on Talksport earlier. Paul Canoville was on and I think he is involved with it.

That sounds a bit conspiracy theoryish to me. It's just a group of supporters who are trying to come together and try to stop discrimination.

The twitter account may be new but the supporters clubs participating have been around for ages and together they have a sh*t-load of followers. I suspect it's just a well-intentioned, possibly misguided attempt to generate some positive PR for a change. No need to break out the tin foil hats.

I still think it's deeper than that Dave. Big press push without many followers at all at the time, or even one Tweet. Making it clear its separate from the club, etc.

We were not contacted (most popular UK Chelsea forum) and quite often quoted in the media.

It's all a bit dodgy.

Better not question it too much though, or will be seen as one of those far-right thugs that think we should be living in a free country with freedom of speech.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

There are quite a few songs. It’s very easy to just not sing them and hate Tottenham in newer, more innovative ways. 

56 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Would be good if they also came out about rent boys.

As ever that is just completely ignored, no one gives a damn about it. One of our fans "reportedly" is racist towards Stirling, that seems to have been swept under the carpet now that there's proof he wasn't, and all hell breaks loose. 30000 scouse c**ts call us rent boys, nothing said about it at all. 

2 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

I still think it's deeper than that Dave. Big press push without many followers at all at the time, or even one Tweet. Making it clear its separate from the club, etc.

We were not contacted (most popular UK Chelsea forum) and quite often quoted in the media.

It's all a bit dodgy.

Better not question it too much though, or will be seen as one of those far-right thugs that think we should be living in a free country with freedom of speech.

Well yeah, that's another consideration. When the racism thing was in the press recently a lot of people here were very defensive - making excuses and calling it unfair that our racists were getting more attention than other clubs' racists. And now we have a group apparently trying to show our supporters in a good light and they're immediately met with suspicion and cynicism. That doesn't look great. Just look at the post a couple above mine - somebody equating an anti-discrimination/racism effort with "social engineering". I don't know how they got into the news so quickly (I suspect they could have just tweeted/sent an email to the BBC and somebody noticed it) but I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, the club (and Eden Hazard apparently) are in on it now.

As with all these twitter outrage campaigns it's a tiny minority trying desperately to impose their own miserable agendas on the majority all in the name of political correctness. Its a ridiculously over the top reaction to anything they deem "wrong", and if you in any way disagree then you are instantly called a racist, bigot, misogynist, homophobe without even an attempt at an honest and open discussion. Amazing really as the same people claim to stand up for freedom to be whatever you want to be, as long as it fits into there impossible utopian ideal. Real racism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia etc has no place in the world, but far too often certain people are hunting for any reason to be outraged, no matter how insignificant, not realising they are actually creating more problems for people who are on the receiving end of disgusting racism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia etc. 

13 hours ago, dkw said:

As with all these twitter outrage campaigns it's a tiny minority trying desperately to impose their own miserable agendas on the majority all in the name of political correctness. Its a ridiculously over the top reaction to anything they deem "wrong", and if you in any way disagree then you are instantly called a racist, bigot, misogynist, homophobe without even an attempt at an honest and open discussion. Amazing really as the same people claim to stand up for freedom to be whatever you want to be, as long as it fits into there impossible utopian ideal. Real racism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia etc has no place in the world, but far too often certain people are hunting for any reason to be outraged, no matter how insignificant, not realising they are actually creating more problems for people who are on the receiving end of disgusting racism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia etc. 

Great post mate, totally agree.

22 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

Do we not think it might be a little bit of propaganda? Why is it only our club that are doing it after recent events sprawled around the media.

Would be interested to see who is behind it, they must be a member here.

Club propaganda in my eyes, really have no clue of Chelsea's hardcore fanbase, insult the intelligence of most of us, times have moved on and the vast majority have from the 70's and 80's, Chelsea Together? Normally that line would be used when freezing your nuts off in some northern out post watching us, or Millwall away! As the whole hullbaloo quietens down, the club bring it up again into public domain! 

19 hours ago, dkw said:

In the early 80's a few times in the Shed and in pubs if it was on the jukebox it was Seig Heil Seig Heil Chelsea. We have got a history of racism  at Chelsea no hiding the fact it's mainly been stamped out but it does surface now and again. Anyone who was at Spurs in 87 will tell you the words of one men went to mow were changed.

36 minutes ago, Passed It said:

In the early 80's a few times in the Shed and in pubs if it was on the jukebox it was Seig Heil Seig Heil Chelsea. We have got a history of racism  at Chelsea no hiding the fact it's mainly been stamped out but it does surface now and again. Anyone who was at Spurs in 87 will tell you the words of one men went to mow were changed.

Yes, I was there 87, and yes majority of fans sang that version, it wouldn't be sang in this day and age and to right it shouldn't, shocking despicable version. Thankfully we have moved on.

Archived