coco

Chelsea vs Eintracht Frankfurt (EL) Thur 9th May 20:00 GMT

10 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I pray to god the transfer ban is suspended and we go big in the summer. 

I'm trying to see it as a win-win situation. Ban upheld = Hazard stays (fingers crossed), ban not upheld = massive spending spree

Wasn't happy at all with the play we played, didn't push on after that goal, stupid goal to concede just after HT again ( like 12th time this season already), didn't show up after they equalised, and so many misplaced simple passes towards the end. However, we got there in the end, Kepa has finally put that cup final penalty thing behind. He's pretty good in Penalty shootout, and some great saves in the game to got us there. I'm pretty sure RLC could continue when he was subbed, he was the only threat in our midfield all game. Higuain looked like he never played football with some of his passes. Luiz was pretty good, but that one mistake kind overruled everything, should never been to extra time and PK. Not sure about the final, we are better than Arsenal just about everywhere apart from strikers, and usually strikers win you games, so..

13 hours ago, bluedave said:

Really?

Willian for Pedro was expected. Willian wasn't having a good game.

Christensen was injured, and Zappacosta had a positive impact when he came on and kept us in the game with his goal-line clearance.

Barkley for RLC - don't know the exact reason but RLC faded in the second half so it's likely his fitness was a concern yet again, and Barkley also had a positive impact.

Giroud for Higuain - Another expected substitution, Giroud had a bad game and needed to go off.

Willian I'll cede. He was awful.

Ruben, despite fitness, was still our best threat and having storming game. His reaction afterwards said everything about whether he thought he could continue.

Sending on Zappacosta instead of the club captain was the most odd. We had no aerial threat afterwards and nearly conceded two headed goals. Could have used some leadership as well. We were listless after halftime.

Sarri got it wrong big time. I lost count of the amount of times someone got the ball with no one within 20 metres of them. We had no answer to Frankfurt playing the high press and essentially were lucky with a couple of clearances of the line.

I'm not Sarri out at all. But his tactics and subs last night missed the mark big time. I honestly think he would have been at risk if we had have lost that shootout.

3 hours ago, terraloon said:

We didn’t arrive home till 1.40am this morning. After reaching a final I should be buzzing especially after penalties .I was earlier the season when we beat Spurs. But I am not in truth I am furious 

The players were running on empty for me the relief of CL qualification took its toll. At least the players will have a few days rest after the Leicester game, a game I am expecting to get nothing from.

I scratched my head when RLC was subbed, I scratched my head when Sari failed to respond to their change of shape but why I am furious is the fact that in The West Lower there were more than just a few EF supporters who were causing problems . Supporters who never re act , supporters who sit watch and applaud were seething those same supporters went to Stewards asking the EF supporters, who weren’t sitting on their hands( two directly in front of me did just that) , be removed yet far from the situation being managed the response was that unless the Chelsea supporters shut up it would be they that were ejected.

We are season ticket holders and the fellow Chelsea supporter behind us , a supporter that has emotional and physical issues kept having his head slapped so what did the stewards do? They retreated to the stairwell !

Had Chelsea been eliminated there could easily have been a mass brawl. I don’t exaggerate as I said supporters who never cause and issue did not feel safe, did not feel comfortable in what is and should be an area reserved for Chelsea supporters in an area that yes some say have no atmosphere but never is a problem to anyone .

On the tube we met a fellow Chelsea ST holder, and yes I know we had to buy a ticket last night, his seat was in thebEast Stand his experiences were the same.

Had last nights game been a PL game then the stewards would have taken action that said nothing would surprise me so perhaps I should say efficient stewards would. Indeed anyone remember WBA when we won the league? 

The stewards should have acted or if they felt unable to resolve the situation reported the matter to the police.

Stewards will 'sign' in when they report for duty and a senior supervisor and a supervisor will have a list of which stewards are allocated to which areas of the ground.

They are briefed before and after each match and should report any issues and or problems encountered during the match

This list and any issues arising, is then part of a basic crowd control / crowd safety document for the match.

I agree with Valerie. You should write to the club, reporting this matter. State what area of the ground you were in and what incidents occurred and what happened (or not )!

1 hour ago, erskblue said:

The stewards should have acted or if they felt unable to resolve the situation reported the matter to the police.

Stewards will 'sign' in when they report for duty and a senior supervisor and a supervisor will have a list of which stewards are allocated to which areas of the ground.

They are briefed before and after each match and should report any issues and or problems encountered during the match

This list and any issues arising, is then part of a basic crowd control / crowd safety document for the match.

I agree with Valerie. You should write to the club, reporting this matter. State what area of the ground you were in and what incidents occurred and what happened (or not )!

The matter had already been formally  reported  and as you will no doubt be aware the Daily Mail seem to be reporting similar issues 

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Willian I'll cede. He was awful.

Ruben, despite fitness, was still our best threat and having storming game. His reaction afterwards said everything about whether he thought he could continue.

Sending on Zappacosta instead of the club captain was the most odd. We had no aerial threat afterwards and nearly conceded two headed goals. Could have used some leadership as well. We were listless after halftime.

Sarri got it wrong big time. I lost count of the amount of times someone got the ball with no one within 20 metres of them. We had no answer to Frankfurt playing the high press and essentially were lucky with a couple of clearances of the line.

I'm not Sarri out at all. But his tactics and subs last night missed the mark big time. I honestly think he would have been at risk if we had have lost that shootout.

Apparently RLC had the usual cramps that tend to limit his playing time. Obviously he preferred to stay on this time but his performance had dropped in the second half anyway, and Barkley looked bright when he came on. So that was a positive change. I'd rather Sarri managed RLC carefully rather than taking any risks with his back.

The Zappacosta substitution also worked out well. He got forward well (better than Dave), and obviously there was the goal-line clearance that saved our skin.

1 hour ago, terraloon said:

The matter had already been formally  reported  and as you will no doubt be aware the Daily Mail seem to be reporting similar issues 

Okay wasn't sure.

Since UEFA has taken down that other video of Hazard's converted PK & the celebration, here is another one. However this one has the tunes of Titanic in the background. Believe me, it is better with the beautiful chords of Celine Dion