Chelsea v Grimsby (LC) Wed 25th Sep 19:45 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

He's got a bit of Fabregas / Modric about him. He moves a bit like Modric and can pass a bit like Fabregas. I think the only thing that needs a bit of a boost is his strength, because he looks like he can be bullied at the moment. I'm sure it will happen naturally though as he gets older. I remember Loftus-Cheek being quite slim at one point and then the next time I seen him he was massive.

Yup, that should come with time. I mean, the lad is just 14. (i know he's 18 but I dont buy it)

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He's got a bit of Fabregas / Modric about him. He moves a bit like Modric and can pass a bit like Fabregas. I think the only thing that needs a bit of a boost is his strength, because he looks like he can be bullied at the moment. I'm sure it will happen naturally though as he gets older. I remember Loftus-Cheek being quite slim at one point and then the next time I seen him he was massive.

He really reminds me of Josh McEachran when he first burst onto the scene - with mainly the same strengths and weaknesses. Lets hope he fulfills his potential better than Josh did

6 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I’m going to just be totally honest here and say that I don’t actually like Hudson-Odoi and it’s all down to his contract, I’m watching him now and expecting him to do something every time he gets the ball and even the things he does well like them two little backheel passes I just think “ego”. Really gone off him and I can’t help think he’s overrated. 

One player who i was really ally looking forward to though was Reece James and unpopular opinion again but I am completely underwhelmed so far, he has just won an award for being the best in his position in the championship and he’s playing pretty poorly against a team two leagues below that standard. 

I dont know maybe it’s the the tomori mount and Abraham effect making me expect way to much but when you see a youngster dominate salah and one score a hat trick in a away league game it’s hard to find excuses for CHO and James being average against a lower league 2 team injuries or not.

You do realise both James, and Cho are coning bsck from serious injuries?

6 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

I’m going to just be totally honest here and say that I don’t actually like Hudson-Odoi and it’s all down to his contract, I’m watching him now and expecting him to do something every time he gets the ball and even the things he does well like them two little backheel passes I just think “ego”. Really gone off him and I can’t help think he’s overrated. 

One player who i was really ally looking forward to though was Reece James and unpopular opinion again but I am completely underwhelmed so far, he has just won an award for being the best in his position in the championship and he’s playing pretty poorly against a team two leagues below that standard. 

I dont know maybe it’s the the tomori mount and Abraham effect making me expect way to much but when you see a youngster dominate salah and one score a hat trick in a away league game it’s hard to find excuses for CHO and James being average against a lower league 2 team injuries or not.

James making his Chelsea debut, after a lengthy injury lay-off, getting an assist. What on earth are you expecting?!

8 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Think it's a bit soon to judge two youngsters off the back of 45 mins coming back from pretty bad injuries.

2 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

No. No matter what team you come up against, injuries will effect you. You can't just not play competitive football for 5 months and come back and dominate, it doesn't work like that. They may be playing against players leagues below them in quality, but those players will be much fitter than both Hudson-Odoi and James, and fitness is absolutely crucial to the performance of a player. 

That ego stuff about Hudson-Odoi is nonsense too. The backheel pass wasn't ego, it was the right pass to play. It was the best way for us to get behind their defence from that position. Even if it was ego, then so what, as long as it brings results then I don't care. Some of the best players to play the game were full of themselves.

Central Defender play has been poor IMO; the goal off the goal kick had Reece James and Marcos Alonso Pinching together on the goal scorer.  No communication in the back line seems to follow Zouma.

As much as Gilmour has to take the ball off of Zouma's feet, you really wonder if he has a chance to last.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

No. No matter what team you come up against, injuries will effect you. You can't just not play competitive football for 5 months and come back and dominate, it doesn't work like that. They may be playing against players leagues below them in quality, but those players will be much fitter than both Hudson-Odoi and James, and fitness is absolutely crucial to the performance of a player. 

That ego stuff about Hudson-Odoi is nonsense too. The backheel pass wasn't ego, it was the right pass to play. It was the best way for us to get behind their defence from that position. Even if it was ego, then so what, as long as it brings results then I don't care. Some of the best players to play the game were full of themselves.

All I said about Hudson Odoi was that I’ve gone off him and don’t like him. I think he thinks a lot of himself without proving anything. Never said he is playing badly. And I didn’t catch james’ assist only him giving the ball away but I want him to make it