Chelsea v West Ham Utd (PL) Sat 30th Nov 15:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So I watched motd. Ok so it’s highlights which distorts things a bit. But it wasn’t THAT bad. These sorts of matches / results, losing to teams we shouldn’t lose to, are going to happen. We shouldn’t read too much into it. the problems  - defensive organisation, set pieces (defending and attacking) are the main ones for me - are easy to identify and should be fixable. That gives me some comfort.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

So I watched motd. Ok so it’s highlights which distorts things a bit. But it wasn’t THAT bad. These sorts of matches / results, losing to teams we shouldn’t lose to, are going to happen. We shouldn’t read too much into it. the problems  - defensive organisation, set pieces (defending and attacking) are the main ones for me - are easy to identify and should be fixable. That gives me some comfort.

It was by far our worst performance of the season against a very poor West Ham side. We actually didn't have one good chance in the game bar the Pedro chance in the first 10 minutes, we've never had problems with goals and creating chances until yesterday. 

53 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It was by far our worst performance of the season against a very poor West Ham side. We actually didn't have one good chance in the game bar the Pedro chance in the first 10 minutes, we've never had problems with goals and creating chances until yesterday. 

remember last season people were moaning that Sarri doesn't know what are London derbies and can't prepare the team spirit fight. well sadlly with no fouls from our side yesterday I just felt the same sh*t thing happened. before the match I really thought Lamps would fire them up. 

Edited by mojo

15 hours ago, charierre said:

Did anyone notice the foul count today? 0-16. 

Maybe we were just too nice?

That must be some kinda record to be honest and not one we should be too proud of. Zero fouls is one thing but in a London Derby? 

I'm glad we are not a dirty team with too many players looking like a red card waiting to happen. But no fouls in a game against West Ham that we ended up losing is inexcusable. Appears we are a bit of a soft touch and that will need addressing by Lamps and Jody who could both dish it out when called upon when they were playing.

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

I don’t disagree that it was our worst performance. I just don’t think it was a disaster, which is maybe a reflection of how good the season has been. We are going to play badly and lose to bad sides occasionally. Also they weren’t that bad on the day, they punched above their weight and their goal was really good. Don’t really understand what James was meant to do. 

Yeah, this was a poor performance but maybe we're expecting a little too much from a side that is still in transition. This game just showed that there are a lot of areas that need fixing. It's surprising how little we offered in the final third, but West Ham's defensive organization was better than us and it got them the 3 points.

We shouldn't inflate our expectations just because we're in the top 4... we could easily fall out of it. I just hope that this isn't the start of a bad period for us because back-to-back defeats can sometimes dent your morale.

Nonsense. What everybody here is saying suprises me a lot. we dont the kind of great squad we want because of the ban, but, what we have in this squad is enough for us to be comfortable at second spot on the table. Are we saying that Leicester city squad is better than our own? why should Leicester city be above us on the table? I dont know why we pamper Lampard this much, we lose a football match and what everybody is saying is that our squad should not have won Westham in the first place. This squad is good enough to win these kind of matches, its just the coach is not bold enough to bench Jorginho in some matches, so that Kante can protect the defense, and so that we can win football matches.

2 hours ago, hephzibah said:

Nonsense. What everybody here is saying suprises me a lot. we dont the kind of great squad we want because of the ban, but, what we have in this squad is enough for us to be comfortable at second spot on the table. Are we saying that Leicester city squad is better than our own? why should Leicester city be above us on the table? I dont know why we pamper Lampard this much, we lose a football match and what everybody is saying is that our squad should not have won Westham in the first place. This squad is good enough to win these kind of matches, its just the coach is not bold enough to bench Jorginho in some matches, so that Kante can protect the defense, and so that we can win football matches.

Actually at this moment in time I think the Leicester squad is better than ours.

They may have less quality midfielders yet are stronger in other positions.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Actually at this moment in time I think the Leicester squad is better than ours.

They may have less quality midfielders yet are stronger in other positions.

Agreed, add to that they have a much greater depth of PL experience both on the pitch and off  

On 30/11/2019 at 22:40, coco said:

I pointed out how wrong you have already been about one of our youngsters, i think that's fair when you go writing off young players later on, you could be wrong again.

Nobody's writing anyone off, so stop being a drama queen. Where and when did I ever say CHO's finished or should be sold because he's not good enough? Same with Tammy, all I said back then I thought  we'd be in trouble if he's our first choice for the season, which was not exactly an outrageous thing to say at the time, given what we had known about the player and his young age. Again, not writing anyone off, just voicing an opinion, which is what forums are for.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to jump at anyone's throat the moment someone dares to criticize our young talent. For years people here were moaning and whinging about our young academy graduates not getting a chance, now they're in the first team and all of a sudden people are outraged just because you voice a doubt or just stating the obvious when a player in question is struggling. You can't have it both ways. We all wanted the youngsters to break into the side, and now that we got our wish granted they shouldn't be treated any different than other players. When they do well, like Tammy, I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong about him, when they don't, like CHO's recent form suggests, we should be just as honest and upfront about it.

Let's say, on Wednesday CHO performs well and is one our best, I'd be the first to sing him praises. And the other way around. Just like with everyone else on the team.

9 hours ago, abramovich said:

Nobody's writing anyone off, so stop being a drama queen. Where and when did I ever say CHO's finished or should be sold because he's not good enough? Same with Tammy, all I said back then I thought  we'd be in trouble if he's our first choice for the season, which was not exactly an outrageous thing to say at the time, given what we had known about the player and his young age. Again, not writing anyone off, just voicing an opinion, which is what forums are for.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason to jump at anyone's throat the moment someone dares to criticize our young talent. For years people here were moaning and whinging about our young academy graduates not getting a chance, now they're in the first team and all of a sudden people are outraged just because you voice a doubt or just stating the obvious when a player in question is struggling. You can't have it both ways. We all wanted the youngsters to break into the side, and now that we got our wish granted they shouldn't be treated any different than other players. When they do well, like Tammy, I'm more than happy to admit I was wrong about him, when they don't, like CHO's recent form suggests, we should be just as honest and upfront about it.

Let's say, on Wednesday CHO performs well and is one our best, I'd be the first to sing him praises. And the other way around. Just like with everyone else on the team.

He's a certainly a very talented young kid, but frankly; I haven't seen enough from CHO to say he deserve minutes ahead of either Pulisic and Willian. And I am not a big fan of Willian either. I hope this kid puts his head down and works hard and get back on form; just like Pulisic did when he was benched for a month and did not see any minutes.

Crazy really thinking Hudson Odoi was one of our star players last season - He was in my eyes anyway, but this season there’s a completely different feel to him - He looks nowhere near ready to make the step up, which is surprising considering the circumstances.

I’m not saying he’s been a let down, but I would like to start seeing the Hudson Odoi we all saw last season soon. He’s been back from injury for abit now so he should be ready to fight for his place.

I think the majority is abit underwhelmed because we know he can do so much better than what he’s done so far. Everytime he played this season he looked pretty poor, although did look exciting tonight. Fingers crossed.

Last year watching our team pass the ball aimless side to side and back to the keeper was so dull you were hoping they’d paint the goalposts so you could watch them dry instead. Any player who made any sort of forward momentum looked like the most exciting player ever!

20 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Last year watching our team pass the ball aimless side to side and back to the keeper was so dull you were hoping they’d paint the goalposts so you could watch them dry instead. Any player who made any sort of forward momentum looked like the most exciting player ever!

This is why I prefer Frank, despite conceding many more goals at the same point as last year we are interestingly in the same position at 4th.