Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

8 hours ago, Jonty said:

In light of the performances in the last two games, I think 10 of the 11 now pick themselves:

Mendy, Dave, Thiago Silva, Rudiger, James, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Mount and Werner.

Only question mark for me is whether to go with Havertz or Pulisic.

The other lingering question was whether Dave should be played at CB or RB. He looked shattered by about the 60th minute in the Real game, and I don't think it's practical to sub off your captain/defensive leader in a Champions League Final. James showed yesterday he can be trusted in a big game defensively, and going forward he was excellent. Conversely, I don't trust Christensen or Zouma to the same degree.

In all honesty James sealed his position in the final. City had no answer for him ... He took Mendy for a walk in the park and zinchenko was anonymous when he came on .. I believe Havertz will start over pulisic because Christian is an impact player and will be a good supersub against tired legs just like he was against Madrid in midweek and how CHO was against city when he came on yesterday....

7 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

In all honesty James sealed his position in the final. City had no answer for him ... He took Mendy for a walk in the park and zinchenko was anonymous when he came on .. I believe Havertz will start over pulisic because Christian is an impact player and will be a good supersub against tired legs just like he was against Madrid in midweek and how CHO was against city when he came on yesterday....

Agree with this.

Hopefully Kovacic is fit as well because he could also bring an impact from the bench. As good as City's midfield is it isn't the fastest or most physical and to bring on someone like Kovacic to run through them would be great.

Also think Havertz ahead of Pulisic is the right move for the final. That extra bit of physicality is great and he's also our best finisher in my view.

Loving the straw clutching over on Bluemoon.  Apparently our strongest 11 beat their C team lmao.    No Thiago Silva, Havertz, Mount, Kovacic, Jorginho, Chilwell.  But yeh, strongest 11 alright  (Y)

They're worried about the final, and dont want to admit it.  Coming out with all these scenarios and reasons why yesterdays loss means they will smash us in the final.  Give over, ffs.

Never visited a more arrogant, bitter, self righteous forum. 

6 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

will be interesting to see what "B team" we play against in this match. here is everyone that we played against and for how long in both games, look up their biggest names on this list and see how few are missing

FA CUP                                                                                                 

Steffan - full match 

Cancelo - full match 

Dias - full match 

laporte - full match                                                                               

mendy - full match

fernandihiohiohiohiohio - full match

rodri - full match

torres  - substituted off on 64

KDB - substituted off on 48

sterling - full match

jesus - full match

gundogan - substituted on on 64

foden - substituted on on 48

PL

Ederson - full match

dias - full match

laporte - full match

Ake - full match

rodri - full match

cancelo - full match

torres - taken off on 71

sterling - full match

mendy - taken off on 80

jesus - full match

agur ooooooooh  dear  - taken off on 70

gundogan - brought on on  71

Zinchenko brought on on 80

foden brought on on 70

who are we missing? mahrez and walker ( and i would argue the latter is nothing more then a washed up cum sock). 

i agree that neither time were they at full strength but that does not mean that we only played their B team both times. it is not a b team if their biggest players have played

Well MB, you’ve certainly been doing some homework ,nice one , you’ll be giving Gol15 a run for his money MB Stato, however given my lack of knowledge or awareness even , of cum socks, washed up or otherwise,  I feel unable to offer an opinion on that particular part ? but what I do think and I think you think that I think you think this too, is Pep fields a side to win games, pure a simple.

Sometimes circumstances forces your hand in the players that play, but I don’t believe that Pep has ever fielded a side against us that he didn’t think was capable of winning in the semi final of the FA cup ffs !!!!! and in the game that gives him the PL title and bragging rights/confidence/mind games advantages before the CL final !! 

I ain’t really having this a + b nonsense.

He will be bothered imo.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Well MB, you’ve certainly been doing some homework ,nice one , you’ll be giving Gol15 a run for his money MB Stato, however given my lack of knowledge or awareness even , of cum socks, washed up or otherwise,  I feel unable to offer an opinion on that particular part ? but what I do think and I think you think that I think you think this too, is Pep fields a side to win games, pure a simple.

Sometimes circumstances forces your hand in the players that play, but I don’t believe that Pep has ever fielded a side against us that he didn’t think was capable of winning in the semi final of the FA cup ffs !!!!! and in the game that gives him the PL title and bragging rights/confidence/mind games advantages before the CL final !! 

He will be bothered imo.

Thank you, glad to know I'm not on my own.

I wouldn't normally do this much homework but @Munkworth destroys me in all my arguments with him and I wanted to win one against someone else. I need to be able to beat somebody 🤣

No one starts every single game in a season with 60 games but because they dont start them all they seem to be classed as a b team. Like my point with sterling featuring in 80% of games this season because he is not as good as mahrez sterling is in a b team? That doesnt make sense to me. Especially considering they are different  styles of players

Edited by Malta Blue

13 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Thank you, glad to know I'm not on my own.

I wouldn't normally do this much homework but @Munkworth destroys me in all my arguments with him and I wanted to win one against someone else. I need to be able to beat somebody 🤣

No one starts every single game in a season with 60 games but because they dont start them all they seem to be classed as a b team. Like my point with sterling featuring in 80% of games this season because he is not as good as mahrez sterling is in a b team? That doesnt make sense to me. Especially considering they are different  styles of players

For once you’re on the right side of the argument. Anyone saying City played their B Team in either match needs to stop wasting our precious oxygen. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

For once you’re on the right side of the argument. Anyone saying City played their B Team in either match needs to stop wasting our precious oxygen. 

Screenshotted and saved as my phone wall paper, my proudest moment

20 hours ago, Paddy said:

He will be bothered imo.

Sorry, I sent this before I was finished  - what I also meant to say is that Pep will be bothered, not just by the fact that we won, but it was the nature of the victory’s in both matches.

He will realise, but for some shocking offside play by Werner x 2 and an unlucky offside with cho, we would have been 3 goals better off before that “I’ve seen ‘em given” penalty appeal against Zouma. We were the better team.

In his private moments with his coaching team , he will have to admit that we were good value for both wins and that his team were second best on both occasions - he will be bothered, he doesn’t know how to beat us.

Btw, I don’t know how he does it, but for a big man zouma has the knack of being able to stay on his feet in a challenge and I think that’s why it wasn’t a penalty and wasn’t given - it was only after the dwarf goes to ground that zouma does too, other than that he remains upright.

It will 100% be Wembley.

Shame I won't be able to go. Assume the chances of Norway going on the green list before 29th of May is slim to non excistent.

23 hours ago, Sindre said:

Agree with this.

Hopefully Kovacic is fit as well because he could also bring an impact from the bench. As good as City's midfield is it isn't the fastest or most physical and to bring on someone like Kovacic to run through them would be great.

Also think Havertz ahead of Pulisic is the right move for the final. That extra bit of physicality is great and he's also our best finisher in my view.

I really hope we don't fall into the Spurs/Kane trap of playing Kova for this final if he's not 100%, it's not good enough just being technically recovered from his injury he has to be completely match sharp to see the pitch in this match even as a sub.

Posted (edited)

This Martin Samuel article is really interesting 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9559851/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Chelsea-got-Pep-Guardiolas-skin-Thomas-Tuchel-psychological-edge.html

I particularly love this stat and it gives us hope:

“It is hardly a shock that it was Liverpool who came for City after back-to-back title victories. Between August 25, 2014, and January 3, 2019, City played Liverpool 11 times and won once — when Liverpool went down to 10 men after 37 minutes.”

Edited by JM7