Chelsea v Man City (CL Final) 29/05/21 KO 20:00 BST

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Zaphod2319 said:

Maybe injury is too much, listed as not fully fit.

The Man City matchday squad at the AMEX Stadium did not feature Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker or Sergio Aguero and as revealed by the club's official website, the reason for the trio's absences is because they were not fully fit.

"Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker and Sergio Aguero are not fully fit," a statement reads.

Thanks. Not sure who their replacement for Walker would be but that (with Gündogan) would be a considerable weakening, no? Sterling and Aguero, dunno, great players of course but not really in the squad right now anyway - played bad against us as well last game.

I agree that this means most probably nothing anyway and can still change a good deal after the weekend. If we really get going and with a little bit of luck we can beat their top line-up just as well anyway.

Edited by weetee

3 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

She is an adult,  so what is the scandal?  but I get your point though ,the media can make anything a scandal if u let them

Sorry, this was completely tongue-in-cheek. Although I do like the idea there is someone somewhere in the world who thinks this could disrupt their preparation for the final.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

As long as Mount is playing we can win this final, quote me later.

I will quote you now @Gol15, because as good as Mount is we have little hope of winning unless the Kante trio are in full beast mode.

We will need him at his very best, like against Madrid. Cause Lord knows our incompetent strikers/false 9s need multiple chances to even hit the target. So we need him gobbling up the ball and giving it to them on a plate again and again and again and again...etc.

Edited by axman2526

9 hours ago, Valerie said:

I need some schematics to illustrate where exactly the scandalous part is and how that would affect the match 

My baby, my firstborn, my pride and joy, the apple of my eye ... WITH A SPURS PLAYER?!?!?

1 hour ago, _Ilya_ said:

My baby, my firstborn, my pride and joy, the apple of my eye ... WITH A SPURS PLAYER?!?!?

It almost makes me wish she had snogged a Chelsea player :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

Mods, please take note! 

@Gol15 if you're going to be right, I may consult you on all my life's decisions, you being my new guru and all :yay:

Well to be fair Mount is our POTY so it's not a big prediction to say that as long as he's there we have a chance to win, he's one of our most important players... But I will be happy to be right if he scores a goal and we win anyway and I'm fine with being a consultant as well :good2:

200.gif

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I will quote you now @Gol15, because as good as Mount is we have little hope of winning unless the Kante trio are in full beast mode.

We will need him at his very best, like against Madrid. Cause Lord knows our incompetent strikers/false 9s need multiple chances to even hit the target. So we need him gobbling up the ball and giving it to them on a plate again and again and again and again...etc.

Ok touché you have quoted me now so it will be me quoting you later when Mount lights up Lisbon

canadian duel GIF

My Liverpool supporting mate agrees with you @Gol15. He reckons our "european pedigree" will give us an advantage and went for a 2-0 win, Mount and Werner scoring.

Told him the latter only happens if he is offside lol.

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

My Liverpool supporting mate agrees with you @Gol15. He reckons our "european pedigree" will give us an advantage and went for a 2-0 win, Mount and Werner scoring.

Told him the latter only happens if he is offside lol.

Who knows maybe all the hard work will pay off for Werner in that last game of the season and he ends up scoring a sick header while being in a sandwich despite all odds... Only to be ruined by VAR? Let's hope not.

20 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Who knows maybe all the hard work will pay off for Werner in that last game of the season and he ends up scoring a sick header while being in a sandwich despite all odds... Only to be ruined by VAR? Let's hope not.

Would be a surprise if we keep a clean sheet. I said to him we can won sure, but pens or a 1 goal victory seem our best chances. Mason is always capable of getting a goal. But Werner? Nope better chance of an none pen Jorgi goal.

Hello,

I'm planning my trip to Porto for the UCL final, and like you know it's very hard to find some tickets (and it's very expensive).

So i'm looking for a bar/pub to watch the game and enjoy it with the Chelsea fans.

Do you have some places and adress to give me ? Also, are some meeting points in the city already definied by the blues ?

Thank you and UP THE BLUES !

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

Rumours that we’ll be wearing our 3rd kit for the final. Looking at the title though, we’re the home team?

The 2020/21 Champions League final will take place on Saturday, May 29 and will kick off at 8pm UK time.

It is being held at the Estadio do Dragao in Porto having been moved from the Ataturk Olympic Stadium in Istanbul due to COVID-19.

Man City will be the nominated ‘home’ team for the final.

6 hours ago, Anejj said:

Hello,

I'm planning my trip to Porto for the UCL final, and like you know it's very hard to find some tickets (and it's very expensive).

So i'm looking for a bar/pub to watch the game and enjoy it with the Chelsea fans.

Do you have some places and adress to give me ? Also, are some meeting points in the city already definied by the blues ?

Thank you and UP THE BLUES !

Its only a small city , I'm sure you'll find others. Lovely place too, some very steep hills to climb from the river.

20 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Beautiful by Didi, but we lost 3-1 at Napoli not 4-1.

We defeated Napoli 4-1. 

Very strange you'd point anything out the king says, all you need to do is read and appreciate.

4 minutes ago, tmarmsi said:

We defeated Napoli 4-1. 

Very strange you'd point anything out the king says, all you need to do is read and appreciate.

We did beat them 4-1 aye but that is not what he wrote. Just pointing out for anyone reading who may not remember what had happened, no need to get your tail in a knot 🙂

26 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

No way! Are we really going to wear that? Beats the new zig zag I guess...

You know if we lose and he does not have proof of you wearing that top mate @Munkworth will hunt you down and feed you to his cat mate.