Jump to content

Player Ratings 2021/22


Recommended Posts

Edouard Mendy - 6 - Started the season in fine form, but hasn't been the same since his mistakes against West Ham.

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 6 - Did okay every time he was asked to come in. 

Reece James - 8 - Started the season on fire, picked up a few injuries that slowed him down and took him a while to recover, picked up again towards the end.

Cesar Azpilicueta - 5 - Just seemed to struggle the more the season went on. Forced to play too many games with all of the injuries we picked up.

Ben Chilwell - 6 - Was set up to be the best season of his career and was on target to be our player of the season before his injury.

Marcos Alonso - 6 - Had some good moments, tried his best, but his own limitations held him and the team back.

Thiago Silva - 9 - Most consistent player of the season. If we had won one of the cups, I would have given him a 10. Hasn't put a foot wrong all season.

Antonio Rudiger - 9 - Almost as good as Silva.

Malang Sarr - 4 - When he first came in, he did okay, but the more chances he got, the more exposed he was. Not good enough.

Trevoh Chalobah - 6 - A solid start to his Chelsea career.

Jorginho - 6 - Was brilliant up until February and has been mostly awful since.

Kante - 4 - Horrible season from Kante. Injuries have taken their toll now, don't know if we will ever see the best of him again.

Kovacic - 7 - A good season constantly interrupted by injuries.

Saul Niguez - 3 - Awful from day 1.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 5 - Coaches still don't know his best position to get the best out of him. I feel like it is on him find that place, but he doesn't want it enough.

Ross Barkley - 5 - Hardly feels fair to rate him really, he's barely played.

Mason Mount - 7 - Best goals and assists stats of his career, but he had a lot of patchy performances throughout the season.

Hakim Ziyech - 5 - Had a good patch, but got injured again and never rediscovered his form.

Callum Hudson-Odoi - 3 - Made zero progress in 3 years.

Christian Pulisic - 4 - Going backwards.

Kai Havertz - 6 - Had a really good period between February and March, the rest of the season was most a mix of good and bad, but mostly bad.

Romelu Lukaku - 3 - Never been more angry at a Chelsea player in my life. He's been even worse than I thought he would be at the start of the season, and even then my hopes were about as low as they could be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Edouard Mendy - 6 - Started the season in fine form, but hasn't been the same since his mistakes against West Ham.

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 6 - Did okay every time he was asked to come in. 

Reece James - 8 - Started the season on fire, picked up a few injuries that slowed him down and took him a while to recover, picked up again towards the end.

Cesar Azpilicueta - 5 - Just seemed to struggle the more the season went on. Forced to play too many games with all of the injuries we picked up.

Ben Chilwell - 6 - Was set up to be the best season of his career and was on target to be our player of the season before his injury.

Marcos Alonso - 6 - Had some good moments, tried his best, but his own limitations held him and the team back.

Thiago Silva - 9 - Most consistent player of the season. If we had won one of the cups, I would have given him a 10. Hasn't put a foot wrong all season.

Antonio Rudiger - 9 - Almost as good as Silva.

Malang Sarr - 4 - When he first came in, he did okay, but the more chances he got, the more exposed he was. Not good enough.

Trevoh Chalobah - 6 - A solid start to his Chelsea career.

Jorginho - 6 - Was brilliant up until February and has been mostly awful since.

Kante - 4 - Horrible season from Kante. Injuries have taken their toll now, don't know if we will ever see the best of him again.

Kovacic - 7 - A good season constantly interrupted by injuries.

Saul Niguez - 3 - Awful from day 1.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 5 - Coaches still don't know his best position to get the best out of him. I feel like it is on him find that place, but he doesn't want it enough.

Ross Barkley - 5 - Hardly feels fair to rate him really, he's barely played.

Mason Mount - 7 - Best goals and assists stats of his career, but he had a lot of patchy performances throughout the season.

Hakim Ziyech - 5 - Had a good patch, but got injured again and never rediscovered his form.

Callum Hudson-Odoi - 3 - Made zero progress in 3 years.

Christian Pulisic - 4 - Going backwards.

Kai Havertz - 6 - Had a really good period between February and March, the rest of the season was most a mix of good and bad, but mostly bad.

Romelu Lukaku - 3 - Never been more angry at a Chelsea player in my life. He's been even worse than I thought he would be at the start of the season, and even then my hopes were about as low as they could be.

I agree with all that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Edouard Mendy - 6 - Started the season in fine form, but hasn't been the same since his mistakes against West Ham.

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 6 - Did okay every time he was asked to come in. 

Reece James - 8 - Started the season on fire, picked up a few injuries that slowed him down and took him a while to recover, picked up again towards the end.

Cesar Azpilicueta - 5 - Just seemed to struggle the more the season went on. Forced to play too many games with all of the injuries we picked up.

Ben Chilwell - 6 - Was set up to be the best season of his career and was on target to be our player of the season before his injury.

Marcos Alonso - 6 - Had some good moments, tried his best, but his own limitations held him and the team back.

Thiago Silva - 9 - Most consistent player of the season. If we had won one of the cups, I would have given him a 10. Hasn't put a foot wrong all season.

Antonio Rudiger - 9 - Almost as good as Silva.

Malang Sarr - 4 - When he first came in, he did okay, but the more chances he got, the more exposed he was. Not good enough.

Trevoh Chalobah - 6 - A solid start to his Chelsea career.

Jorginho - 6 - Was brilliant up until February and has been mostly awful since.

Kante - 4 - Horrible season from Kante. Injuries have taken their toll now, don't know if we will ever see the best of him again.

Kovacic - 7 - A good season constantly interrupted by injuries.

Saul Niguez - 3 - Awful from day 1.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 5 - Coaches still don't know his best position to get the best out of him. I feel like it is on him find that place, but he doesn't want it enough.

Ross Barkley - 5 - Hardly feels fair to rate him really, he's barely played.

Mason Mount - 7 - Best goals and assists stats of his career, but he had a lot of patchy performances throughout the season.

Hakim Ziyech - 5 - Had a good patch, but got injured again and never rediscovered his form.

Callum Hudson-Odoi - 3 - Made zero progress in 3 years.

Christian Pulisic - 4 - Going backwards.

Kai Havertz - 6 - Had a really good period between February and March, the rest of the season was most a mix of good and bad, but mostly bad.

Romelu Lukaku - 3 - Never been more angry at a Chelsea player in my life. He's been even worse than I thought he would be at the start of the season, and even then my hopes were about as low as they could be.

You left Werner out. Reasonable since TT is doing the same. Shall we give him a 3?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edouard Mendy - 7 - A couple of dodgy moments but also a few very good moments. Game against Brentford he was incredible.

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 4 - Not his fault but it was extremely embarrassing with what happened in league cup.

Reece James - 8 - Confirmed he is one of the best right backs in the world.

Cesar Azpilicueta - 3 - Terrible. He seemed like more of a hindrance lately.

Ben Chilwell - 9 - I give him such a high rating because I’m basing it on how he played before injury. We’ve missed him a lot.

Marcos Alonso - 6 - There is no one like him. Such a awkward player but yet classy and clinical. To be honest I won’t be sad to see him go 

Thiago Silva - 10 - He gives 9/10 performance at the very worst every week. This is also the most he’s ever played in a season and he’s 38! What a player.

Antonio Rudiger - 9 - His best ever season. He’s a monster and turned into one of the best around.

Malang Sarr - 4 - He’s not good enough. End of.

Trevoh Chalobah - 6 - I think he’s done well, he definitely earned himself a place in squad for next season.

Jorginho - 5 - Meh, it’s Jorginho.

Kante - 4 - Worst I’ve seen him. Sad really, maybe he is past it now. 

Kovacic - 7 - I would have given him a higher rating if he could cut out these ridiculous back passes. I think he is our best midfielder.

Saul Niguez - 2 - Waste of time.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 5 - Useful player but my god, he’s never going to reach his potential. He has everything he needs to be a top, top player. He needs more self belief and stop playing so safe.

Ross Barkley - 5 - He was part of squad all season?

Mason Mount - 7 - Our best player, or attacker perhaps. I always wanted him to have the ball in attack, and well, I personally feel he’s had a poor season and he still delivered these numbers. I’m excited to see what sort of numbers he delivers when he’s on fire all season. What a talent.

Hakim Ziyech - 3 - I’m not a fan, he’s very very one footed and he doesn’t really do much.

Callum Hudson-Odoi - 1 - Did f*ck all. He has the cheek to demand a huge contract offer and then he gives us that sh*te. Get rid.

Christian Pulisic - 3 - Holds onto the ball for far too long. Balance is terrible. 

Kai Havertz - 5 - Inconsistency does my head in. We saw what he can do in Feb and March but then he slinks back to bad form. He need to sort it out, we’ve paid a lot for him and expect more.

Romelu Lukaku - 2 - Awful player. Terminate his contract.

Timo Werner - 3 - Awful season yet again. I thought we saw a new side of him when he scored a few goals in succession, but then he reverted back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

Edouard Mendy - 5 - Started the season as he left off the last, looking like the best keeper around. Before the year ended he dropped his levels and has been getting worse and worse ever since. No more world class saves, not inspiring confidence.

 

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 5 - when he has played he has done well enough, sadly his penalty king aura was destroyed in the league cup final.

 

Reece James - 9 Brilliant player and leader.

 

Cesar Azpilicueta - 4 - Fully on the Brana decline.

 

Ben Chilwell - 7 - Was doing very well but not at the level of James imo.

 

Marcos Alonso - 5 - a fair rating for a player that can go from a 2 to a 9 in the space of 2 games. 

 

Thiago Silva - 10 - He is Thiago Silva, one of the greatest to ever play the game.

 

Antonio Rudiger - 8 - Top season. Good luck Toni.

 

Malang Sarr - 4 - Not up to the task, get rid.

 

Trevoh Chalobah - 7 - Really, really good debut season and a regular threat in the opposition box.

 

Jorginho - 6 - Held us together in the first half of the season. Dropped levels badly in the second half.

 

Kante - 4 - Real Kante must be locked away somewhere.

 

Kovacic - 7 - needs to learn to stay fit better.

 

Saul Niguez - 2 - Waste of money.

 

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 4 - Not good enough, get rid.

 

Ross Barkley - ? - no raiting as he did not play enough, get rid.

 

Kenedy  - ? - See above.

 

Mason Mount - 8 - top season, well done Mason.

 

Hakim Ziyech - 4 - a bonus point for the Spurs goal. Looks like he is always auditioning for Hollywood. Get rid.

 

Callum Hudson-Odoi - 4 - Waste of money. Get rid.

 

Christian Pulisic - 3 - terrible season. Get rid

 

Kai Havertz - 3 - Bonus point for the Newcastle goal. Too lightweight for this league and beginning to finish like Werner. Get rid.

 

Romelu Lukaku - 1 - He does not want to be here, we don't want him here, get rid.

 

Timo Werner - minus 1 - He used to work hard at least, now he does not do that anymore along with being a terrible footballer. Get rid.

 

 

Edited by axman2526
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mendy 8

Kepa 6

 

James 9

Azpi 5

 

Chalobah 7

Christensen 6

Silva 9

Rudiger 8

Sarr 2 (would be 1 but the Spurs games gives him some goodwill, never seen a player so out of their depth before)

 

Chilwell 8

Alonso 7

 

Jorginho 7

Kova 7

Kante 7

Saul 4 

Mount 8

RLC 6

Barkley 6 (actually think he played decent in the autumn and was confused about him being totally shunted after that)

 

Pulisic 5

Ziyech 6

CHO 7

Werner 6

Havertz 7

 

Lukaku pure performance wise 5 but when the net negatives are factored 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

 

 

Mendy 6  Confidence is everything for a keeper. Ed’s has taken a knock,not convinced it will be regained

Kepa 5      That penalty

James 8.5  Our best player at present. Securing him on a long term contract is crucial as will keeping him fit. Will kick on now

Azpi 5.5    Always tries his best,doesn’t shirk responsibility, legs are going now and has a mistake in him

Chalobah 6.5 Took his chance well, had a wobble mid season, returned well late season, expected to kick on next season

Christensen 4.5 Had regained his form until he chose to leave. Good luck at Barca, he’ll need it if he pulls the none playing stunt there!

Silva 9  Excellent season,leads by example

Rudiger 8  Won me over this season with good performances. His aggression will be missed next season

Sarr 1.5 Not good enough 

Chilwell 6 Would probably be 8+ if he’d stayed fit. Hopefully he returns unscathed after long lay off

Alonso 5 defensive capabilities 7 attacking ,    Time to move on

Jorginho 6 Started the season good, declined rapidly as the season wore on 

Kova 7 Overall a good season, has a mistake in him,probably our best midfielder this season

Kante 6.5 Struggling to keep fit , stop/start season has resulted in patchy performances. I wouldn’t sell at this stage

Saul 3 What happened to the player of a few years ago?Another disastrous  loan

Mount 8.5 Double figure goals and assists at his age says it all. Expected to really kick on now

RLC 5.5  Useful rotational player 

Barkley 5 Time to say goodbye

Pulisic 5  Disappointing, plays like a greedy kid in the playground 

Ziyech 5  Disappointing, 

CHO 4  Had high hopes for Callum, will he end up like so many promising young players? Attitude,fitness and taking your chance are everything in football

Werner 2 Bought to score goals, stretch defences …he doesn’t! Pity we can’t play Southampton every week

Havertz 6 There is a player there, scores in streaks as are his performances. Now has to kick on, no more excuses 

Lukaku  4.5 He defines our season,disappointing. Could we play more to his strengths…possibly. That said, nobody can account for stupidity,which his interview was

Tuchel  7. A very likeable coach. Has had to deal with the unusual fallout from Roman…he’s done it well. That said our form since October has been patchy, home form awful. If we can’t win trophies at least be entertaining. 

Edited by charierre
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sonic90 said:

You guys missing out christensen as well

I'll give him a 6. Solid moments here and there, but the same problems he was criticised for in the past started appearing again. Also, he hasn't looked interested in playing for us in a while now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, charierre said:

 

 

Mendy 6  Confidence is everything for a keeper. Ed’s has taken a knock,not convinced it will be regained

Kepa 5      That penalty

James 8.5  Our best player at present. Securing him on a long term contract is crucial as will keeping him fit. Will kick on now

Azpi 5.5    Always tries his best,doesn’t shirk responsibility, legs are going now and has a mistake in him

Chalobah 6.5 Took his chance well, had a wobble mid season, returned well late season, expected to kick on next season

Christensen 4.5 Had regained his form until he chose to leave. Good luck at Barca, he’ll need it if he pulls the none playing stunt there!

Silva 9  Excellent season,leads by example

Rudiger 8  Won me over this season with good performances. His aggression will be missed next season

Sarr 1.5 Not good enough 

Chilwell 6 Would probably be 8+ if he’d stayed fit. Hopefully he returns unscathed after long lay off

Alonso 5 defensive capabilities 7 attacking ,    Time to move on

Jorginho 6 Started the season good, declined rapidly as the season wore on 

Kova 7 Overall a good season, has a mistake in him,probably our best midfielder this season

Kante 6.5 Struggling to keep fit , stop/start season has resulted in patchy performances. I wouldn’t sell at this stage

Saul 3 What happened to the player of a few years ago?Another disastrous  loan

Mount 8.5 Double figure goals and assists at his age says it all. Expected to really kick on now

RLC 5.5  Useful rotational player 

Barkley 5 Time to say goodbye

Pulisic 5  Disappointing, plays like a greedy kid in the playground 

Ziyech 5  Disappointing, 

CHO 4  Had high hopes for Callum, will he end up like so many promising young players? Attitude,fitness and taking your chance are everything in football

Werner 2 Bought to score goals, stretch defences …he doesn’t! Pity we can’t play Southampton every week

Havertz 6 There is a player there, scores in streaks as are his performances. Now has to kick on, no more excuses 

Lukaku  4.5 He defines our season,disappointing. Could we play more to his strengths…possibly. That said, nobody can account for stupidity,which his interview was

Tuchel  7. A very likeable coach. Has had to deal with the unusual fallout from Roman…he’s done it well. That said our form since October has been patchy, home form awful. If we can’t win trophies at least be entertaining. 

Very good assessment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, I forgot Tuchel if he counts.

Tuchel - 10

Despite losing FA cup final and terrible form towards the end of season, I give him a rating of 10 for how he has handled the sale of club and steered the team to a cup final and top 4. Let’s not forget we had pretty bad luck with injuries, what a fantastic coach. We could have fallen off the rails very easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't be arsed to go through the squad and mark them all as not many deserve more than a 5 or 6 and I agree with a lot of the marks. already posted (with the obvious exception of @Argo and his 7 for CHO! WHAT are you seeing Argo that the rest of us are clearly not seeing? Based on that mark, I think back to when we had Hazard and think he must have merited 100/10!

Silva, player of the season. Plaudits to James, Rudiger, Mount and Chilwell. Alonso for his goals, Kova for the odd great game, Havertz for flashes of brilliance, The rest pretty forgettable but 9/10 for Tuchel who somehow managed to get us 3rd and two finals and I have faith that as long as he is backed, he WILL make us great again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


30 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Can't be arsed to go through the squad and mark them all as not many deserve more than a 5 or 6 and I agree with a lot of the marks. already posted (with the obvious exception of @Argo and his 7 for CHO! WHAT are you seeing Argo that the rest of us are clearly not seeing? Based on that mark, I think back to when we had Hazard and think he must have merited 100/10!

The rating was based on his only consistent game time this season being the autumn when we was on our best form of the season and he was the best of the front players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Can't be arsed to go through the squad and mark them all as not many deserve more than a 5 or 6 and I agree with a lot of the marks. already posted (with the obvious exception of @Argo and his 7 for CHO! WHAT are you seeing Argo that the rest of us are clearly not seeing? Based on that mark, I think back to when we had Hazard and think he must have merited 100/10!

Silva, player of the season. Plaudits to James, Rudiger, Mount and Chilwell. Alonso for his goals, Kova for the odd great game, Havertz for flashes of brilliance, The rest pretty forgettable but 9/10 for Tuchel who somehow managed to get us 3rd and two finals and I have faith that as long as he is backed, he WILL make us great again.  

@Argo is CHO agent mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with everyone who scored Kante higher than Jorginho. But neither had a great seasons and at 30+ we do need to be looking forwards, but if Jorginho was supposedly "Brilliant" up to February, I need to watch all those games again and also look up the definition of the word "Brilliant".

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Edouard Mendy - 6 - His performances have become calamitous, I would give Kepa another try from the start of 22/23

Kepa Arrizabalaga - 6 - Don't remember him letting us down, when he got any game time

Reece James - 8 - Really think this kid could become the Skipper. Injuries slowed him down this season, and has yet to get back to his best.

Cesar Azpilicueta - 5 - A real Chelsea legend,  unfortunately, age and speed (lack of) now hamper him, and I think he may go to Barca

Ben Chilwell - 6 - Would have been player of the year if injury had not cut his season short.

Marcos Alonso - 7 - Best Season for Marcos by far, really impressed by his application, assists and goals. Can't remember many bad performances

Thiago Silva - 9 - My Player of the Year, consistency is his by-word.  If only we had got him when he was 24 !!

Antonio Rudiger - 8 - Good Season but will miss out on Legend status because of his thirst for money, and leaving the Club at this difficult time

Malang Sarr - 3 - Simply not good enough for Chelsea

Trevoh Chalobah - 6 - A good start to his Chelsea career, needs to look at Silva's consistency

Jorginho - 6 - I love him and then hate him (penalties !!) Not his best season for us, but would still keep him

Kante - 4 - N'Golo's worst season at Chelsea. Inconsistent, plagued by injuries and looks like he has lost a yard of pace. Disappointing !

Kovacic - 7 - I still rate him highly. We look a better team when he plays, but injuries are becoming a bit of a worry.

Saul Niguez - 3 - See Malang Sarr !!

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - 5 - Both good and bad from RLC this season. Don't think he will ever be a consistent starter and may be better of moving on

Ross Barkley - 4 - Apart from the winner against Watford, I forgot we still had him. 

Mason Mount - 7 - Some great goals and the usual assists, but he seemed to lose his way a bit, got dropped and I am not certain TT rates him as highly as the fans do

Hakim Ziyech - 6- When he's on it, he can be superb, but this isn't often.  Again attitude and consistency seems to be at fault, but I would probably keep him

Callum Hudson-Odoi - 3 - Literally going backwards, wish we had taken the Deutschmarks !!

Christian Pulisic - 4 - Has lost his way at Chelsea, despite being a good player on his day. He will leave in the window.

Kai Havertz - 7 - This lad has something, but we have failed to get it out of him on a regular basis. He is a superb footballer, has skill, pace and control. We need to fin the ideal position and partner for him

Romelu Lukaku - 3 - So so poor !! Makes the Club look ridiculous for paying £95million and is literally thumbing his nose at the Club and its fans - GET RID ASAP !!

Timo Werner - 4 - I feel really let down by Timo. Still convinced that he does have ability, but he never takes the chance to show it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Done mine by appearances in the league chronologically: 

Rudiger - 34 appearances (league) - 8 - centre back - largely solid , good motivator and will be hard to replace. 3 Goals scored.

Mendy - 34 appearances (league) - 7 - Gk- seemed good before AFCON and then seemed to lose confidence yet picked up before season's end.

Silva - 28  appearances (league) -8- centre back- solid and good professional. 3 Goals scored.

Mount - 27 appearances (league) - 8- Best attacker with 11 league goals yet feel England duty was a distraction and could have been even better.

Jorginho - 26 appearances (league) - 6 - Defensive midfielder with 6 goals probably all penalties and a number of assists, willing to take a card at vial moments yet                 hindered by slow pitch movement.

Alonso - 25  appearances (league) - 6 - Left wide back with 4 goals. Not expected to play so many with Chilwell joining the club. Great left foot for shots and crosses yet switches off defensively at times and is slow to get back into position.

Azpilicueta - 24 appearances (league) - 6 - Right wide back and centre back and club captain. Like with Alonso not expected to play so many. Great psychological captaincy against the Brazilians in that World Cup comp for the penalty yet also the odd uncomfortable exchange with fans.  Still a good player though has lost some speed or match stamina most noticeable in the RWB position and as the season  dragged on. 1 Goal.

James - 22 - appearances (league) - 7 - Right wide back and centre back started in just 57% of league matches due to injury. Defensively very strong and offensively has good crossing potential though not always delivered at the right pace. Towards the end of the seaon coming more infield and crosses form here might be more telling. If he can stay injury free has great potential. 5 goals.

Kante - 21 - appearances (league) - 6 - Midfielder - Season interrupted by injuries. More tactical fouls committed and losing possession yet still has the ability to break opposition lines by timing and speed of breaks. 

Christensen - 17 - appearances (league) - 6 - centre back - Season interrupted by injuries. Had some decent performances and more resilient to strong attackers than previously yet not committed to the club. No goals.

Chalobah - 17 - appearances (league) - 6 - centre back - Break through season, some decent performances though struggled against faster smaller wide forwards. Shows good potential if can improve further. 

Kovacic - 16 -  appearances (league) - 7- midfielder - Injuries prevented more playing time, best midfielder we have, good dribbling ability to break defensive lines and speed to challenge opposition midfielders. 

Lukaku - 16 -  appearances (league) - 5- Striker -  injured at start of season and then appeared unhappy with services. When service was good he was not clinical. Still scored 8 goals.

Werner - 15 - appearances (league) - 5 - Attacker -  Worked hard yet finishing was very poor apart for a couple of occasions. Towards the end of the season appeared less committed. Would be surprsed if he is stil at SB next year. 4 goals.

Part two to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Part Two - Players under 15 League Appearances

Done mine by appearances in the league chronologically: 

Ziyech - 14 League Appearances - 5 - midfielder -  4 Goals. Plays either wide on the right or wide on the left. Attitude has been questioned at times though at other times has worked hard for the team. Often shoots by cutting in from the right and shooting from his left. Has scored some decent goals yet most are tame or not accurate enough.

Pulisic - 13 - League Appearances - 6 - attacker - 6 goals. One of our best finishers in the box yet tends to fade in matches and this season has been injured or not preferred at times.

Loftus-Cheek - 13 - League Appearance - 5- midfielder - 0 goals. Played in several positions, defensive mid, RWB, central midfield and even striker. Does not sparkle in any yet is certainly not a striker. Due to injury crisis has become a squad utility player.

Hudson-Odoi - 11 - League Appearances - 6 - attacker -  1 goal. Has been used as a RWB and also as a left sided attacker and sometimes an attacker on the right. Currently seen as more of a provider than a goal scorer. Injuries have impacted his season badly and it remains to be seen where his best position will be. 

Chilwell - 6 - League Appearances - 7 - left wide back - 3 goals. Fantastic start before incurring a bad injury that kept him out until the last day of the season. Unlike Alonso was quick and also good offensively. If he recovers fully from his injury he will strengthen the team immensely.

Sarr - 6 - League Appearances - 5 - Centre back and left wide back. Has deputised as a left back or left wide back not able to be offensive in this role so far. With a good preseason he might improve though otherwise will likely be a squad option. No goals.

Niguez - 5 - League Appearance - 5 - Loanee midfielder also used a LWB. Didn't excel in any way yet also was not terrible.

Kepa - 4 - League Appearances - 6 - Goal Keeper. Only really played when Mendy not available. Has done ok though Mendy is better at dealing with crosses and set pieces.

Kenedy - 1 - League Appearances - 5 -  left sided player. Has some quality yet inconsistent.

Barkley - 1 - League Appearances- 6 - attacker. 1 goal. Only appeared right at the end of the season and scored and won a corner. Also scored his penalty in a cup shootout. The only consideration is he has played well several times before and then his form has dropped after one good showing.

NB - missed Havert

Havertz - 22 - League Appearances - 6 - striker. 8 goals. Played in several positions, midfield, attacker and false No.9. Best position was false no.9. His movement is very good and is good linking up with players. He has scored some magnificent goals and also missed several chances in some games. His seaosn has alos been reduced by injury and health. 

 

Tuchel - Manager - 8 - Club had the highest number of matches in the season and was impacted by COV-iD, Sanctions and a heavy first team depletion by injury. Handled the media who were hostile at times very well.  Sometimes he seemed to make the wrong subs or team picks yet more often picked the best team available.

 He was also going through a divorce from his wife. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, I've got it!