1st Team players i would keep

dellaw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, JPH said:

Reece James, Ben Chillwell, Thiago Silva, Chukuweumeka, Zakaria, Lewis Hall... that's about it.

They are the ones I would keep and add Fofana (signed from Leicester), Mount and Gallagher, + Kante if he returns to full fitness.

The rest can all go.

We need two new goalkeepers although I know there is a lot of hope for the young American we signed but at 18, it will probably be a while before we see him anywhere near the 1st team. Anyone know how Slonina has been doing - has he been playing for academy / reserves?

Mendy (made some errors but far better than Kepa, has looked world class for us at points)

James (Nothing needs to be said here)

Chalobah (Not been great recently but still young with time to improve)

Badiashile (Never seen him play in my life so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt)

Thiago Silva (Should have been our Player of the Season 2 years in a row now, one of the best signings we've made)

Fofana (Don't think he was worth 90m, but still young and can improve)

Chilwell (Injury prone but still a top left back)

Hall (Looks very promising, could maybe do with a loan though)

Kovacic (Getting older but still an elite midfielder in my opinion, looked great for Croatia, would give him 1-2 years)

Zakaria (Been very decent for us, our best CM since he's came into the team)

Carney (Looks very talented, should play him more often)

Felix (Not sure we can sign him permanently but if we can then 100%)

Mount (Only on anything less than 150k p/w, he's not worth more than that. Still a decent rotation option up front, open to letting him go though)

Hutchinson (Only played once but still very young, looks a good prospect for the future)

Sterling (5 G/A in 7 games under Tuchel, before Potter started playing him LWB he looked good for us)

Broja (Loan him out, could be good in a few years time)

Datro Fofana (Again loan him out, could be promising)

23 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Mendy (made some errors but far better than Kepa, has looked world class for us at points)

Made some errors has to be the biggest understatement ever!!

When a player hasn't played for a while folk forget just how bad they have been at times and a lot of our players benefit from this. But Mendy looking anything near world class is a LONG time ago. What is more recent is him looking the most uncomfortable keeper in world football whenever he has the ball at his feet!! He is a disaster whenever the ball is played back to him!

4 minutes ago, Nibs said:

When a player hasn't played for a while folk forget just how bad they have been at times and a lot of our players benefit from this. But Mendy looking anything near world class is a LONG time ago. What is more recent is him looking the most uncomfortable keeper in world football whenever he has the ball at his feet!! He is a disaster whenever the ball is played back to him!

People also forget how good he was in our Champions League run or the League Cup Final. We we're the best defense in the league if not the world at one point. If he got played regularly he would be a lot sharper.

7 hours ago, dellaw said:

The players i would keep lets shows how bad we are  lets see your choice

James , Cahill  Kovacic, Mount, Zakeria , Chukewumeka,  Felix  hopefully  all the rest sell 

I would definitely keep Kante too. He's our best player imo. Look how we dominated Spurs with him on the pitch.

I'll keep Gallagher too. Needs more time to prove himself.

Mendy I'll keep. He's good enough to be first choice. Most of his howlers have come from footwork errors. If we gave him freedom to just boot it out when in doubt he would be okay. 

2 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I would definitely keep Kante too. He's our best player imo. Look how we dominated Spurs with him on the pitch.

Mendy I'll keep. He's good enough to be first choice. Most of his howlers have come from footwork errors. If we gave him freedom to just boot it out when in doubt he would be okay. 

I'd keep Kante until his contract expires, unfortunately I think he's just too injury prone at this point to reach anything close to his top level, hope I'm wrong though.

10 hours ago, Nibs said:

He was just part of the "worst XI" of the World Cup so I am assuming he must have been shocking for Senegal as well. Mendy was great in the first season. Ever since the CL win he got worse and worse. Neither him nor Kepa are starting material unfortunately.

8 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

The guy will be 32yrs next season, would have missed almost 2yrs of his last 5yr contract renewal due to injuries. Giving him a contract now will be very irresponsible.

11 hours ago, Nibs said:

Probably because ever since Salzburg away Kepa's well and truly returned to his 19/20 self which even the struggling version of Edou is above.

As for the question of this article it's getting to the point I'm only truly bothered about keeping one player and he's signed up until 2028.

Mendy - Sell

Kepa - Sell

James - keep

Kk - sell

fofana - keep 

Chalobah - Sell

Silva - Keep

Cucurella - sell

chilwell - keep

Jorginho - let him walk

Kovacic - keep 

Kante - let him walk

RLC - Sell

Mount - Sell

Sterling - Sell

Ziyech - Sell

Pulisic - Sell

Aubameyang - Sell

Havertz - Sell

Borja - keep

a lot of deadwood we need to clear

Lol ..we have 10 injuries .. a defence that can’t keep out anything.. we are almost starting with a 1/2 goal disadvantage.. the squad is not as far as most on here think.

we need the big Frenchman to come good, a defensive mid, a decent striker a fit James and an inform GK and some luck with injuries ..we can absolutely go on a run.. 

the absolute sh*t show of squad management’s that has happened in the last 4-5 years has caught up with us..

the forest game, the city game .. then against Fulham we created our own trouble .. 

whoever things that we need to get rid of all attackers barring sterling and all mids barring kova have little to know understanding of real football.

Edited by Jangz

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

The guy will be 32yrs next season, would have missed almost 2yrs of his last 5yr contract renewal due to injuries. Giving him a contract now will be very irresponsible.

Difference is this time Kante has had surgery. How do we know it hasn't solved the problem? As @KonaKai Blue has pointed out, Kante was bloody superb in the opening game against Tottenham. Probably our best individual player performance of the season. I would hope we wait to see how he looks on his return.

1 hour ago, just said:

Difference is this time Kante has had surgery. How do we know it hasn't solved the problem? As @KonaKai Blue has pointed out, Kante was bloody superb in the opening game against Tottenham. Probably our best individual player performance of the season. I would hope we wait to see how he looks on his return.

There should be no room for sentiments. You can’t base a contract offer on what happens from March to May.  It’s a perfect opportunity to release both him & Jorginho & plan for the future. 

4 hours ago, cfcforeverfan said:

Mendy - Sell

Kepa - Sell

James - keep

Kk - sell

fofana - keep 

Chalobah - Sell

Silva - Keep

Cucurella - sell

chilwell - keep

Jorginho - let him walk

Kovacic - keep 

Kante - let him walk

RLC - Sell

Mount - Sell

Sterling - Sell

Ziyech - Sell

Pulisic - Sell

Aubameyang - Sell

Havertz - Sell

Borja - keep

a lot of deadwood we need to clear

So how exactly are you expecting to field a 11 plus subs next season?

Remember when Rudiger and a few others looked like KK does now under Lampard and once Tuchel came in he turned into a monster well most of these players have that in them, the key question is why are they not showing it !!

Potter can get it out of them but they need to want to be here!!

Some don’t especially Ziyech