Nicolas Jackson - striker

Hilariously bad in the finishing. The positive of being able to get into the right position only goes that far. Werner was doing that every game, and we happily let him go. After last night, couldn't be bothered who plays striker ahead of Jackson for the weekend and ahead. What's the worst that could happen, another 0 from the team?

8 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Not too sure tbh Nibs, shall we ask @nonotnowjim ?

Only clip I have seen is where he made a decent run down the left flank. But I also hear he was close to getting a red card and something about a header that went completely wrong so I guess just more of the same of what we're getting very used to.

Edited by Nibs

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Only clip I have seen is where he made a decent run down the left flank. But I also hear he was close to getting a red card and something about a header that went completely wrong so I guess just more of the same of what we're getting very used to.

Wasn't as bad as the City game, but it's same ole Jackson, seems to only be able to score the easy goal. Probably why he was crying over an easy penalty to stat pad his record. 

9 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Hilariously bad in the finishing. The positive of being able to get into the right position only goes that far. Werner was doing that every game, and we happily let him go. After last night, couldn't be bothered who plays striker ahead of Jackson for the weekend and ahead. What's the worst that could happen, another 0 from the team?

how dare you compare Wacko Jacko to my lovely boy Turbo Timo.

1 hour ago, JMaher94 said:

Too much pressure on him as a 22 year old to lead the line for Chelsea

His link-up and driving us forward is very good, just not clinical. He's not a striker though, he's a winger and played there for Villareal.

Palmer seems to be dealing with the pressure well enough, and he's 21. Gusto is 20 and also dealing with it fine. Same with Colwill when he's fit and he's also 21 years old.

Also, he played CF with Villareal, he wasn't a winger.

21 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He was both. They signed him as a winger/wide forward however for about 5 months they lost Gerard Moreno and their back up to him and opted to use Nico as the covering striker.

His natural position is wide forward. I woild like to see him on the left for the rest of the season, even if it means Sterling or Washington plays up front. (My ideal is to so Whisper Richards to see how he does but that won't happen).

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

He was both. They signed him as a winger/wide forward however for about 5 months they lost Gerard Moreno and their back up to him and opted to use Nico as the covering striker.

His natural position is wide forward. I woild like to see him on the left for the rest of the season, even if it means Sterling or Washington plays up front. (My ideal is to so Whisper Richards to see how he does but that won't happen).

According to Transfermarkt, he played predominantly as a winger for Villareal B (at right wing much more than left wing LOL), but for the Villareal first team he only played once at left wing, and the rest of his appearances (24) were as CF. 

19 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

According to Transfermarkt, he played predominantly as a winger for Villareal B (at right wing much more than left wing LOL), but for the Villareal first team he only played once at left wing, and the rest of his appearances (24) were as CF. 

As a sole striker or playing off someone?

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yes he was promoted to the main squad just before the injuries, Gerard missed half a season.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Palmer seems to be dealing with the pressure well enough, and he's 21. Gusto is 20 and also dealing with it fine. Same with Colwill when he's fit and he's also 21 years old.

He predominantly played as a winger and lets be honest, playing #9 for Chelsea has a huge pressure tag on it. More so than RB or attacking midfield.

1 hour ago, JMaher94 said:

He predominantly played as a winger and lets be honest, playing #9 for Chelsea has a huge pressure tag on it. More so than RB or attacking midfield.

He didn't though. As @Sexyfootball says, he played on the wing once for Villareal, and it was on the right.

5 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Jackson's games for Villareal : 

image.png.a23dc330dc525801d769db47cdc7f3ef.png

Full list here

And for Villareal B :

image.png.4e5495313757ef37e9649b06cbcf111c.png

Data here

17 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

As a sole striker or playing off someone?

Since I believe you still have me on block, I'll answer my own question .

Jackson always played off of someone, not as a lone striker. 

image.png.b1cdf5d473fff58e3d812487f781ee97.png

Don’t compare Palmer snd Gusto to Jackson in terms of pressure. Both Palmer and Gusto have been in football since they were kids. 
Jackson was playing street football 6 years ago as far as I understand, totally different paths.

You can clearly see that in the way he plays, far less refinement compared to players who have been through academies.

48 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Since I believe you still have me on block, I'll answer my own question .

Jackson always played off of someone, not as a lone striker. 

image.png.b1cdf5d473fff58e3d812487f781ee97.png

Looking at that line up i imagine Jackson would have been running that left channel and Lo Celso moving central with their skillsets. 

Same problem we had with Timo and likely the same problem we'll have with Nkunku when the next manager plays him as a lone 9. 

Edited by Ukraine Bolt