Poch In or Out? The Mega-thread Merged

Drogba1
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

• 2 weeks later...

I have observed this thread/poll for a few weeks, not really knowing which way to jump on Poch.

But yesterday's shambles, debacle, disaster, whatever you want to call it has made me definitely Poch - OUT and I placed my tick accordingly. Firstly he is ex-Spurs, is still in love with the sh*t from White Hart Lane, he has no real pedigree, bottled both the two horse race in 16-17 and Champions League final before being sacked and heading for Paris (I could have won Ligue 1 and the Coupe de France with the squad he was given) but was soon sacked there too and we ended up with him.

This season, the complete lack of backbone, tactical nous, Leadership qualities, man management skills and any sort of ability to change a game must surely do for him. Added to this (although the above is far more than was ever needed to lose your job under Roman) there is the total apathy towards the fans. I get a strong feeling he doesn't like us, probably the ex-Spurs link again). His pathetic excuses week in and week out are a f**king insult to people like myself that have watched Chelsea for more than 50 years and yesterday's comment that he "believes" his side should be possibly as high as Top 4, adding that "data" indicates that results have not matched their performances on the pitch, prove that the guy is deluded.

I think that FFP compliance, and cash reserves will give him a stay of execution, but I have absolutely no doubt that he will be gone by the end of June. 🤞🤞🤞

I don’t think we can afford to pay poch to go

but when I think about Jose at his best - he had Steve Clarke behind him.

and Luca had ray wilkins.

id like to see John Terry put alongside poch 

Terry loves Chelsea and I question if the present management do.

How actively could they be looking for Poch's replacement, put a job ad on Linkedln and Crag List 🤔? We all feel a new manager is coming in, unless something miracle happens in the next month or so.

Have to wonder whether De Zerbi is a bit of a one-trick pony. Injuries and selling last season's key players have doubtless made this season difficult but his basic, very successful tactic - invite the oppo onto them, play through the oppo - was being found out even before the injuries. When it doesn't work, there hasn't been a plan B.

Not sure who we could even get to replace him now tbh. 

De Zerbi, Amorim, probably be in tussle between Bayern, Barca, and Liverpool. 

Nagelsmann already turned down previously, and probably stays at Germany. 

Dont see Flick coming here, been out of club management for a while, would be a massive gamble from him personally.

Maybe Slot or Michel. 

I'm ruling out any sort of big personality coach, as there is no way they employ a Tuchel or Mourinho type.

4 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

You can see it  now, Dec 24 Clearlake now welcomes England Manager Gareth Southgate as new manager of Chelsea FC..............

Exactly. We'll outbid Man Utd for him and make him the world's highest paid manager on a 5 year deal.

15 minutes ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

Exactly. We'll outbid Man Utd for him and make him the world's highest paid manager on a 5 year deal.

And after failing to land Bellingham it will Harry 'Bronson' Maguire for a final swansong.  😀

On 30/03/2024 at 07:59, AndyDowsleftflank said:

I dont think so either, just dreaming a little. Just imagine the reaction of the scousers if he goes to us a year after rejecting them…

What a dream that would be. 

16 hours ago, Vin1968 said:

I don’t think we can afford to pay poch to go

but when I think about Jose at his best - he had Steve Clarke behind him.

and Luca had ray wilkins.

id like to see John Terry put alongside poch 

Terry loves Chelsea and I question if the present management do.

Another dream, if JT was our manager and the crystal ball said he would be successful that would be it, done and dusted. But you wake up after a dream. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Dont see Flick coming here, been out of club management for a while, would be a massive gamble from him personally.

Maybe Slot or Michel. 

I'm ruling out any sort of big personality coach, as there is no way they employ a Tuchel or Mourinho type.

People will have their preferences and defend it by saying manager X is more of a risk over manager Z, when in reality everyone is a risk. 

4 hours ago, big blue said:

Maybe Slot or Michel. 

Thiago Motta from Bologna could be an outside pick, they've gone under the radar this season

I honestly think Amorim is the best manager of the lot. He's very tactical. Knows when to set up an attacking team/defensive team based on the opposition, he has a great win % and has done well with developing younger players. 

The only issue, which is a glaring one, is that his football makes our wingers redundant. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

4 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I honestly think Amorim is the best manager of the lot. He's very tactical. Knows when to set up an attacking team/defensive team based on the opposition, he has a great win % and has done well with developing younger players. 

The only issue, which is a glaring one, is that his football makes our wingers redundant. 

I think the biggest issue for us if he was our man would be convincing him to join us over Liverpool, Bayern and Barcelona.

The ownership seem very set on the type of manager which is why Poch is here. It limits our options and also pretty much rules out a lot of top managers who want to win now.

If we sack him I can see a name like an Lopetegui or someone in the mould of Eddie Howe take over and continue Pochettinos work. We are too far gone into this project now in terms of spending and they seem very stubborn about it.

Basically we're in a lot of competition with clubs needing to appoint managers which make them valuable and we have to convince them the project is for them and from the outside looking in it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason someone like Nagelsmann turned us down.

Newcastle and Utd could also be looking for new managers.

Gone are the days where we will able to cherry pick the best managers.