Chelsea Vs Arsenal (FA Cup Final) 27/05 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I agree with mostly all of this, bit harsh on Pedro for me, bar his miss I thought he done OK.

Other than that, spot in.

Yeah, you're probably right actually, i'll let Pedro off. He was his usual self, it just wouldn't fall his way. 

Edited by Scott Harris

20 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Yeah for the more pessimistic Chelsea fan such as myself all these good points are making it seem an arsenal victory is getting more and more likely... Lol

Well then guess I was right.... Wtf? 

I have not seen this game but how on earth have we lost to arsenal who had their main defense out? They out did us with contes own system when we are full strength? Seriously what the heck!? 

Moses sent off for a dive? Where is his head at that is disgraceful our club is better than that. This is an appalling result and puts a real stain on the season. It does not spoil it but if we prepared properly this should not happen. This was only arsenal minus a defense not us minus one! 

Seriously how did this happen?! 

freshprince_2017EPL_zpszatqyzm8.jpg

IMHO Conte got it wrong w/ the tactics - I was thinking at the 60 minute mark to take off Moses - then I saw Willian warming up - then Moses got his 2nd yellow :face_palm: - then DC equalizes only for Don Antonio to take him off - can't win them all & Wenger in - still for me Win or Lose up The Blues - still happy to have the League Title

Edited by robdog

We didn't turn up so did t deserve to win

however fist goal was a disgrace and Moses sending off ruined a perfectly good match we had the wind i our sails. Wasn't a pen he tripped but to be fair he wasn't really claiming it he was just looking round hopefully. 

Anyway gone now ....... proud of the team this season. No one can take the EPL away from us, sure the grooners would love to swap with us  

Everything that could go wrong went wrong today. Kante's lack of technical ability was exposed, Matic was poor, Moses was utter sh*te, Alonso gave the ball away too often.

I'll say this much about Wenger, he knows how to win at Wembley. Conte was tactically outclassed.

Edited by the special one

Guest Sindre

Unbelieveable, Arsenal fecking Arsenal beat us in a the FA-cup final. That is unacceptable and embarrassing.

Pathetic, can't describe how pissed off i am at that. 

4 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes he got it wrong. I talked about Lady Luck before the match started and we had it in the first half to stay just at 1-0 down.

I agree we may well have equalised with Moses still on the pitch but we'll never know.

I think Conte was preparing to take him off and put Pedro at LWB, bringing Willian on. It looked like the obvious sub up until that point. Silly, silly play from Moses.

Better team won but the game would have been much different if it wasn't for that horrible decision to count that goal back in.

Also, everyone was sliding about like the pitch was a f**king bin bag with washing liquid poured over it, what's going on there?

10 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Unbelieveable, Arsenal fecking Arsenal beat us in a the FA-cup final. That is unacceptable and embarrassing.

Pathetic, can't describe how pissed off i am at that. 

Yup for someone who did not see the game is how I am reacting as well. 

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

Taylor has won arsenal this game absolute c**t head 

Yeah dont be daft, the Moses red was fair, he was an absolute c**t for diving and diving is a yellow 

1 hour ago, Don Conte said:

conte is a disgrace, for taking so much time to make subs. it was obvious the starting 11 was not up to par.  I hope we can do magic in 20 mins but i doubt it

Conte is a disgrace? 

yeah shut the f**k up mate

I'm always tired of football when the season ends, feeling mentally shattered after that performance. It feels good to get a break from it all, then it's back up for the fight next season, but for now I'm relived it's all over. It's been a great season overall, but thank f**k the tennis is here, see you in pre season. 

Edited by Floyd25

8 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Well then guess I was right.... Wtf? 

I have not seen this game but how on earth have we lost to arsenal who had their main defense out? They out did us with contes own system when we are full strength? Seriously what the heck!? 

Moses sent off for a dive? Where is his head at that is disgraceful our club is better than that. This is an appalling result and puts a real stain on the season. It does not spoil it but if we prepared properly this should not happen. This was only arsenal minus a defense not us minus one! 

Seriously how did this happen?! 

Arsenal closed us down in the first half and were quicker into the tackles, it took us ages to recover and by then we were a goal down and lucky to not have conceded more.

Costa was up front most of the first half on his own with no support, no blame attached to him.

Some decisions went against us too and just when we were looking like pulling back Moses loses his mind.

I'll have to look at that their second goal as it was so soon after we scored I missed the build up though Kante was named by the pundits for not sticking with his man. 

Conte will have learned a lot today about his squad. Clear from the start we were a yard short, intensity had gone from our play an indication that it was job done after West Brom. Mentally we just weren't there and when you come up against a team that can play when given the chance, we were in trouble. Antonio himself was slow to react, Cesc was needed much earlier and maybe Willian though for Moses who had a poor game without the sending off. Not really sure why we took Costa off when we did , he did at least look dangerous in the 20 mins previous. The ref got the Moses decision bang on, maybe it can be a lesson to the team on the whole cheating is unacceptable, today we paid the price. I thought we were unlucky with the first goal but in reality we were outplayed all over the pitch today, 'young men you're too party party' in the preceding weeks. Lessons need to be learned after today, the squad still is need of an upgrade with players who can challenge for a first team slot. WE now need to go away for a much needed break but return this time with the right frame of mind otherwise we could have a repeat of our last title defence. 

Just now, Strider6003 said:

Arsenal closed us down in the first half and were quicker into the tackles, it took us ages to recover and by then we were a goal down and lucky to not have conceded more.

Costa was up front most of the first half on his own with no support, no blame attached to him.

Some decisions went against us too and just when we were looking like pulling back Moses loses his mind.

I'll have to look at that their second goal as it was so soon after we scored I missed the build up though Kante was named by the pundits for not sticking with his man. 

I suspected they would still go on to win after we equalised, but to concede literally 30 seconds or so later was just disgraceful. Kante did switch off, but if Moses had been on the field, he would have gone out to close Giroud down and we would have had an extra man in the middle to defend the cross.

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I'm always tired of football when the season ends, felling mentally shattered after that performance. It feels good to get a break from it all, then it's back up for the fight next season, but for now I'm relived it's all, it's been a great season overall, but thank f**k the tennis is here.

it's the Lions tour for me

First half was absolute shocking, their goal was a handball yeah but they were all f**king over us

second half we started well until that c**t Moses got sent off and from there it was always gonna be hard, but we had some decent chances, but that 2nd goal was just criminal defending. 

In a way, at least the loss means we definitely need some big signings over summer, if we won we would have perhaps been more complacent in the transfer market

I don't want to read too much in to it but does this show a mentality problem amongst this group of players? 

The last tine we won the league we ended the following season 10th.

This time we won the league we lost a cup final to a very weak Arsenal without much of a fight? 

Not meltdown time by any means but it is slightly concerning.