Chelsea Vs Arsenal (FA Cup Final) 27/05 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

Most of the players were playing as if they were on their holidays already.. Moses is an absolute tit for that dive in a period we were finally getting some success out of the game that was completely moronic and I hope Conte has ripped into him.

No excuses we were sh*te but the first goal should never have counted anyone with a brain could see that.

The long wait for the new season starts now and time to reflect on what was an amazing season considering where most people thought we would end up early on in the season!

UTC.

I can't stop casting my mind back to just before Moses' dive... how much different could things have been had he passed to Fabregas instead?

I will say this though; while I'm angry at Moses, my overall opinion of him has not changed, I've always been fond of him and I think he's had a very good season for us. Yes, he f**ked up majorly today, but we can't hold one match against him

The bias in the BBC reporting is getting rather embarrassing for them ...

The referee was presented with two big FA Cup final decisions - and he was certainly not found to be lacking in conviction.

He overruled his linesman for Sanchez's opening goal after the offside flag had been raised, although Chelsea were left nursing a serious sense of injustice as they believed the Chilean had handled.

There was no question he got his second decision right, giving a second yellow card to Moses as he clearly dived in a desperate attempt to win a penalty as Chelsea chased an equaliser.

Clearly this journalist does not have his own pair of eyes, or any balls come to that ... and his sunglasses most definitely have a red tint ...

Still really disappointed we lost the final,especially since it was against Arsenal too.I know the club overachieved this season if 12 months ago getting top 4 next season was the target,but its really sad to go in a final and lose it.They might have had the clearer chances but football is not about who has the best chances,its about who scores them.Saying that,Anthony Taylor is such a twat,he has no problem seeing Moses dive while,in a similar position,overruling the correct decision from the linesman for their goal just like he did when he awarded Stoke that non-existent penalty in the away fixture.

Was really wishing for Conte to sub out Matic and Moses since the first half where we managed to leave the score difference at only one goal.Matic had a really bad game today,if the WhoScored stats are 100% accurate,didn't manage to have a single tackle or aerial duel won and had the worst pass success and amount in the midfield,making Kante have to cover for him until Fabregas came on and defended and created more than he did in 60 minutes.While Moses was also losing possession easily in the attack and didn't have any answer for Sanchez or Welbeck.

In contract Cahill really did his best to keep the score respectable and was the MotM for me,leading by example.

If anything I hope the loss really motivates the board (if they somehow still were not sure about it) they need bring in several upgrades for the squad this summer since people have started to figure out how to counter what we have now and some players, while having a really good season overall,showed their limits which will be punished,especially in the CL.And not 2015 type signings,but similiar to the 2014 ones and what City are doing now.

Still pissed about our performance today, honestly this is the worst I've ever seen us play in a cup final. I'm not going to moan too much about the first goal, yes it was handball, but really we were very lucky not to go into HT 4-0 down, no urgency in out play at all. I would only give Cahill pass marks after that clearance he made.

The only good thing we can really take from this is at least Conte will be forced to buy big in the summer, we need 4-5 new players IMO. I've been dying to say this for f**king ages now but Matic looks seriously out of his depth, Kante has been carrying him all season, Kante in the first half especially was 3 yards ahead of Matic closing down, offering very little support, he was sh*te against Spurs too, it was just that goal covered it up a little. I also think a replacement for Moses is likely, hopefully we get Sanchez but TBH he's probably thinking right now that he has a better shot at winning the PL if he stays put.

When we won the title in 2014/15 we got complacent, started preseason late and paid the price, at least this defeat should give us a boot up the arse and not allow the same mistake to happen again.

Arsenals barca-lite style means you often have to accept them dominating the ball, but to be out fought and worked by them, as I have read on here, is a disgrace. Some serious changes need to be made or we risk copying our previous season. 

1 hour ago, luckywerthers said:

very disappointed, fancy not turning up against that team of losers !! i am getting laughed at by gooner mates, how the fcuk does that work out? has taken the gloss off this season, hope i feel better about it tomorrow

Suggest you watch a re-run of the 30 league wins and lifting the pl trophy last sunday...should take the edge off a tad

1 hour ago, luckywerthers said:

very disappointed, fancy not turning up against that team of losers !! i am getting laughed at by gooner mates, how the fcuk does that work out? has taken the gloss off this season, hope i feel better about it tomorrow

Just remind them what we won this season and what they have won over the last 10 years. I would take a league title over their 3 F.A cup wins that's for sure.

Disappointing End to a GREAT SEASON. How many of us would even have dreamt of a League and a Fa cup final before the start of the season or even 5-6 games into the season.

Yes, we were poor on the day, but let that not gloss over the fact that we had a majorly successful season overall. 

I just hope that this game ends being a bit of a silver lining.

We need some upgrades and changes in the squad and I hope this match proves it to the board about it.

Firstly, a CM to partner Kante. A quality RW, a world class striker. Back up to Alonso (if not Baba) and back up to Moses (anyone giving him abuse needs to take a deep look at himself/herself. The guy made a mistake, so did JT. Get over it.)

Hope we sort out the glitches and give Conte exactly what he wants. 

Come on Chelsea!!!! KTBFFH!!!

Just remind them what we won this season and what they have won over the last 10 years. I would take a league title over their 3 F.A cup wins that's for sure.

Or ask them how many times those bums won The European Cup. I am sure that is a conversation stopper right there.

3 hours ago, dynamite said:

Still pissed about our performance today, honestly this is the worst I've ever seen us play in a cup final. I'm not going to moan too much about the first goal, yes it was handball, but really we were very lucky not to go into HT 4-0 down, no urgency in out play at all. I would only give Cahill pass marks after that clearance he made.

The only good thing we can really take from this is at least Conte will be forced to buy big in the summer, we need 4-5 new players IMO. I've been dying to say this for f**king ages now but Matic looks seriously out of his depth, Kante has been carrying him all season, Kante in the first half especially was 3 yards ahead of Matic closing down, offering very little support, he was sh*te against Spurs too, it was just that goal covered it up a little. I also think a replacement for Moses is likely, hopefully we get Sanchez but TBH he's probably thinking right now that he has a better shot at winning the PL if he stays put.

When we won the title in 2014/15 we got complacent, started preseason late and paid the price, at least this defeat should give us a boot up the arse and not allow the same mistake to happen again.

Agree that we need some top notch signings for next season but the team that played yesterday was the team that won us the Premier League. Sure Matic, Moses and Luiz played like they were still recovering from a celebratory piss up, especially in the first 20 minutes where we were shocking, but it was all to do with desire. From the kick off, Arsenal showed that they were desperate to win it while we showed that we wouldn't have minded winning it but it was no big deal if we didn't.

It's not so much the loss that affects me as much as how nightmarish the comparasion to our season last year. Yes, it is just one game, but it brought back memories of our pitiful display last year. I can only hope when we do start our title defence, we don't show any of our performance we showed in this FA final.

Our players can suck big time. When they're good, they're great, when they suck, well they suck big time.

7 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

IMG_4376.thumb.PNG.50c2ddd3acf076ffa8f50f6fc3b56f72.PNGThis does concern me I have to admit, I get that he's not going to come out and say he was sh*t but just don't say anything about him in that case.

Was he asked the question though? If so, he can't say 'no comment', he'll say something positive then move on.

How many times have Arsenal played that well this season before yesterday? I'd say never.

How many times had we played that bad? Discounting the games early in the season before Conte put his stamp on the team....once, at United on bank holiday Weekend.

Ok, it was the cup final, but all this talk of saying it was 'like last season' is ridiculous, last season we would have been just as bad in the second half, but we weren't. It was pretty even until the Moses red card. The worst part for me was the way we went to sleep on their second goal - Luiz not once looking around at what was happening around him just ball watching, and Kante letting his man go.

Hope all the knees have stopped jerking after a nights sleep, and you all remember the 30 wins we chalked up in the league, and the mental toughness and winning mentality we showed when the chips were down over the last few games.

We didn't suddenly go back 12 months overnight.

Edited by Blue Exile

The more replays of Arsenal's opening goal I see the more shocking it is that that was allowed to stand. Really poor from the referee. It goes without saying that had that been ruled out the afternoon could have been completely different. 

2 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

The more replays of Arsenal's opening goal I see the more shocking it is that that was allowed to stand. Really poor from the referee. It goes without saying that had that been ruled out the afternoon could have been completely different. 

Ifs and coulds mate...if they had been more clinical in front of goal and we hadn't rode our luck we would have probably been out of it by half time.

We were poor that half and 1-0 flattered us.

12 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This has put a majorrrrr dampener on my birthday the morn, ruined my weekend:dead_horse:

Nonono, just enjoy your birthday with your loved ones (or by yourself, which is my preferred birthday celebration).

Happy birthday Edin!