Mystery Man.............Reveal Yourself!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-set-to-announce-mystery-signing-on-july-1-a3566836.html

Chelsea have made their first signing of the summer but don't plan to announce it until July 1.

Standard Sport understands that terms have been agreed with the player, but the club have decided to delay confirmation until the start of next month.

Chelsea are looking to make up to six transfers during the window, with players such as Romelu Lukaku and Tiemoue Bakayoko their main targets.

While the club wouldn't confirm who they have acquired, it is believed the most likely candidate at this stage is former Manchester City keeper Willy Caballero.

The champions are looking for a new backup keeper to Thibaut Courtois having sold Asmir Begovic to Bournemouth for £10million earlier this month.

The 35-year-old is a free agent after being released by Manchester City. His experience of Premier League and Champions League at Etihad Stadium makes him the perfect support for first choice Thibaut Courtois.

Negotiations with Caballero stepped up over the past week and it would be a surprise if he doesn't move to Stamford Bridge. 

Chelsea may decide to bring the announcement forward, but the plan at the present time is to announce the signing at the start of July.

Meanwhile, Antonio Conte is understood to be mystified by reports he has fallen out with the board over a lack of signings so far this summer.

3 minutes ago, Jamjar1986 said:

Better not be barkley, hes terrible

I'm not his biggest fan either tbh (and have previously said as much by stating I think he has the grace of an elephant). That said I must admit I'm intrigued to see how he might do in Conte's 3-5-2....

Courtois
       Azpi - Luiz - Cahill
Moses     Bakayoko     Alonso
         Kante - Barkley
        Lukaku - Hazard

I'm not his biggest fan either tbh (and have previously said as much by stating I think he has the grace of an elephant). That said I must admit I'm intrigued to see how he might do in Conte's 3-5-2....
                Courtois
       Azpi - Luiz - Cahill
Moses     Bakayoko     Alonso
         Kante - Barkley
        Lukaku - Hazard

On paper that team looks a million miles away from the big boys

We're about to see the opening of the most valuable transfer window in sporting history.

Think of it as a £ billion poker game.

We don't want to show our hand before the game even starts.

Bluffing and counter bluffing is going on as we speak.

The poker game has a massive bearing on the coming season, managers with huge personalities have their reputations on the line.

Even when the window ends, we won't know who the winners are until well into the season.

Anything is possible with so much money being spent, someone will get lucky with a Kante type transfer, and end up doing a Leicester.

One thing is for sure, this will be a bumper window, record breaking on all fronts.

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Off topic, but i think its even better watching who Manyoo are going to buy, they are linked with everyone, and are buying everyone apparently now its CR7 again, leave some crumbs for the paupers, lol

Whether u loved or loathed them under Ferguson they were a well oiled machine playing some great football, since he left and particularly since the bitter one has joined they have become a pantomime club, and frankly a joke, playing awful football at times, it will all end in tears.