Spurs vs Chelsea (Prem) 17/4/10 1730 KO

loz
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

We've had luck on our side recently and the media have highlighted it to extreme, every time i turned on Sky sports there was a rant about it so im concerned officials may be over cautious to give us decisions or maybe even over react against us especially after the Bolton game , maybe im panicing .

What do you think? Carlo should play the same line-up without Drogba, but with Anelka??

Not the same lineup as Tuesday no way!

But the same lineup as at Old Trafford , yes please. I think that is our best bet and using Drogba as an impact sub is perfect.

If he plays THAT midfield we are buggered and he needs shooting.

Edited by bjd

If he plays THAT midfield we are buggered and he needs shooting.

Can you stop mentioning THAT midfield so close to bed time please??!?!! Stuff of nightmares.

No Ballack or Kalou ever again I'm afraid, Ballack off for a free in the Summer and hopefully get £150 for Kalou.

So Ballack & Kalou-less started on Tues, CA was without a doubt resting Joe Cole & Malouda, they both should start against the spuds, lets face it our best line up at this point is no secret. Will CA rest Drogba and start with Anelka and Deco ? will it be Anelka and Drogba, with Deco on bench ? or finally Anelka on the bench starting Drogba and Deco ??? Deco can be hot and cold but when he's on song he does some great passes, Anelka and Drogba work better in my opinion in 4 4 2 and we will defo not be lining up that way come Saturday tea time; so I expect 4 3 3 Saturday and for all the remaining games. I see it as a straight choice between Drogba or Anelka, also will Harry play Ledley King 2 games in a row? if so maybe Drogba is the better choice.

Either way us having gone from re-naming their ground as 3 point lane, saw a loss there last season, they will be up for it after having done the gooners tired legs or not, so anticipate a very tough game. 1 thing in our favor is when CA is playing teams who like to get the ball down on the ground and play passing footy (arse, mancs, scouse) he does well, and he seems to struggle against yer long ball up in the air merchants just as on Tuesday. So the spuds under Harry now play that attractive footy that CA can counter tactically, so we are in with a good chance to nick all the points and a draw whilst not optimum, would still leave us ahead. Good thing is that this is the late game and the lads will already know the outcome of the sh*tty v scum derby, hopefully Carlito, Bellamy and co. can show up strong at home and hold red face's champions elect to at least a draw.

Shakespeare could not have written finer drama.

Keep The Faith.

Over the last three seasons we have only picked up a solitary point against Spurs. Three years ago with Mourinho as manager we lost 2-1. Two years ago with Avram Grant in charge we threw away a 3-1 lead and ended up with 4-4 draw. With Guus Hiddink in charge we also lost against Spurs. Now it rests on Carlo's shoulders to change that trend. I expect him to go with a 4-3-3 formation. I would like to see him start Deco in midfield instead of Ballack and Anelka in a central role up front instead of Drogba. Ballack and Drogba can be brought on later if needed. I would like to see the starting lineup as follows:-

-------------------------------------------Cerch------------------------------------------

Ferreira----------------Alex----------------------------Terry------------------Zhirkov

--------------------Deco------------------Mikel------------------Lampard------------

-------------------J.Cole------------------Anelka-----------------Malouda-----------

I will be more than pleased with a 1-0 victory. Onwards and Upwards, Chelsea!!

i thing we play better with one classic strike than two

i like idea just change anelka with drogba

anelka isnt for long balls and air battle

he will be beat by dawson and king

But isn't that why we should play Nico instead of Drogs, since Drogs plays to the strength of Dawson and King, while Nico's speed and ballhandling skills exploits the weaknesses of Dawson and King?

Edited by Phillip

Anyone know if Ivanovic is ready to play? He's been on the bench in two games now so maybe he's ready to play now?

The team against Spurs:

Cech

Ivan/Ferreira - Alex - JT - Zhirkov

Deco - Mikel - Lampard

Joey - Drogba - Malouda

This is a game that we have to win, but it won't be easy.

Two vital games this time.

Us against Spurs and United against City.

If we win and United lose things will look extremely good (surely we wont drop 7 points to United in 3 games?), but if we lose and they win we will only be ahead by one point.

Or maybe we both lose and Arsenal gets back into the title race...

The Villa line up should do, although I think Ivanoic could come in at right back. Having watched the Spurs- Arsenal replay last tnight, I really don't think they are that special. Sure that was a goodgoal from Rose, but Alumnia made it look a lot better than what it really was.. Defoe looked pretty clueless, and never beat Campbell and Silverstre via pace. Modric is a good player, hopefully Mikel can shut him down. The packed the middle and conceded the flanks, was successful because Arsenal only has 1 target upfront, and 'Bender' didnt win a header all game, I'm sure Drogba will do a lot better than that. As soon as Persie came on, they were chasing shadows for about 25 minutes, and Arsenal was unlucky not to get a point at least. I really believe Spurs are out there for the taking if we play the standard we know we can.

Go get them Blues!

Drogba has to start, im absolutely baffled by people all of a sudden wanting him benched. Not sure what he has done wrong?

He played and scored 2 away to pompey, was rested the following game which we happened to hit 7 past a poor villa side. Then he came on as a sub vs united to score. Followed that with a goal against villa in the semi

And through that period people have been calling for him to be dropped. That would be like united benching rooney or liverpool benching torres. Lets get this crazy idea of we play better without Drogba out of our heads. Its nonsense, your buying into the media hype.

He's our top goal scorer, scored 2 against Spurs earlier this season i believe. He has to start, when spurs get tired, bring on Anelka to run in behind them.

-------------------------------------------Cech------------------------------------------

Ferreira/Ivan----------------Alex----------------------------Terry------------------Zhirkov

--------------------Deco------------------Mikel------------------Lampard------------

-------------------J.Cole------------------Drogba-----------------Malouda-----------

anelka cant pass anybody with speed even gery nevill

he hasn't straigth so forget about it

-------------------------------------------Cech------------------------------------------

Ivan----------------Alex----------------------------Terry------------------Zhirkov

-------------------J.Cole------------------Drogba-----------------Malouda-----------

I have to agree to leave drogs on the bench and sub him in in the second half. He has done nothing wrong, his form is great, but I think Malouda on the left, Nico in the middle and Joe on the right would be a more dynamic line-up and a more mobile line-up to attack the spurs back four.

But isn't that why we should play Nico instead of Drogs, since Drogs plays to the strength of Dawson and King, while Nico's speed and ballhandling skills exploits the weaknesses of Dawson and King?

Spot on! Exactly my reason for Anelka to start. Drogba can be brought on if things are not working out. Also from a psychological standpoint, can you imagine the effect it would have on opponents knowing Drogba is on the bench and rearing to go if needed?

I would go with the same line up as against United and also the same substitutions. Anelka, Malouda and Joey to stretch their back line and make them work and then bringing on Drogba later when their two center backs are tired.

The speed of spuds going forward is a bit of a worry as Alex/Terry aren't the quickest fish in the sea. If I was Carlo I would go with:

Back 5 picks itself

Ballack Lamps Obi

Malouda Drogba Cole

With Anelka on the bench with Sturridge

And Kalou back at Cobham

Bench Drogba ffs? The same Didier that battered Spurs earlier on in the season?

People have certainly lost their minds after the 7-1 against Villa & 2-1 vs United.

Drogba is out best player & should be the first name on the teamsheet.

Bench Drogba ffs? The same Didier that battered Spurs earlier on in the season?

People have certainly lost their minds after the 7-1 against Villa & 2-1 vs United.

Drogba is out best player & should be the first name on the teamsheet.

he is our best player no doubt and dropping him seems a ludicrous notion but there is considerable evidence now that the team functions better without him. See January, see Old Trafford and see Villa 7-1.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that the two of them shouldn't start together.

Haven't seen enough recently to choose a team. Can see the point of view for either drogba or anelka to be on the bench. Does make me laugh that malouda who was regarded as worse than kalou by many on these boards is now getting picked ahead of drogba by some.

It won't be easy getting a result at spuds but they have to be tired after the emotional drain of the match against larse. Also manu could well endup with only a point at city, which would mean we could afford only a point as well.

Drogs did well against spurs at home, but only when king went off injured. Last two seasons Lennon has been strong against us be he probably wont be playing. Defoe is a good player and has the goals to prove it.

Malouda will have to play and I guess Joe cole will play as well, deco could replace ballack. that makes 12 which of course improves the odds.

possible line up:

cech

ferr/ivan alex terry zhirkov

cole obi lampard malouda

anelka drogs